Friday 8 August 2014

Weekly Dispatches 8 August

G'day folks.   

Before I get on with the rest of tonight's post I just want to say a heartfelt thank you for all your kind words in response to last night's post.   I cannot tell you how much this nomination means to me and I truly feel it is shared with all of those who sew for Aussie Heroes.

By the time you read this I will be back in Sydney, or near enough to it, but as I write this on Thursday night I am sitting in the Nation's capital.  I had a marginally eventful drive down to Canberra -halfway down I hit Marulen just as the Engine warning light came on.  Hmmmmm.  I pulled in to the service centre and called the Mazda dealer back home.  They did not feel it was a big deal if I drove on to Canberra.  Rang the Belconnen Mazda dealer, they did not seem to think it was a big deal if I drove on so .....with mobile phone on charge just in case,  my navman guided me into the Belconnen Mazda dealer and the car was checked over.  Yes, there is a problem but it is no biggie and can wait till I get home to get looked at!  Phew!  Thankfully my husband flies in to Canberra tomorrow night from Melbourne for meetings so he is driving back with me! YAY!  

Big thanks to the fellow I am meeting with at 8am tomorrow morning who offered to be my knight in shining armour had I needed one today.   Good to know someone has got your back.  

One quick announcement re the next two sewing days. We have our next sewing day in Penrith on THIS Sunday and then, unusually our next sewing day at my home is on THIS Monday the 11th.  We had to change things around to fit in with a few other commitments.

Now to the 
BIG NEWS

The totals for the week are exciting because we have crossed over the threshold of 

3000 quilts.

Woo Hoo - way to go ladies and gents!

657 quilts and 782 laundry bags for 2014.  

3027 quilts and  4628 laundry bags in total.

So, on with the show.  
Enjoy!


Anna 



  

Anne H



Bennie


Bev


Carol


Carol W




Cassandra 



Claire


Dasha was kind enough to get these bags started for me and I finished them off.   This may look a little boring but I can't show you the side with his name as that will give the game away.  There is something about this bag that will mean a lot to this fellow but that is all I can say for now!  :-)


Another Dasha and Jan-Maree joint effort.


Evelyn -note this uses the block of the month and doesn't it look great! 


Fiona


Grace


Now special mention to Hilary.  She has sent off twelve quilts this week and some laundry bags this week!  Woo Hoo.  Way to go Hilary.








If you can't make it out this green fabric is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Soo hard to find this fabric!!


  




Name covered up to protect the innocent.


Who can tell me what movie this quote is from???


Lindsay


Irene lives in Toowoomba so has a soft spot for HMAS Toowoomba at the moment.  Note the violet embroidered on the bottom of this laundry bag - it is the floral emblem of Toowoomba the city!


Back of the above bag







Jo R



Joan



Katherine



Lilis is really new to sewing and this is her very first laundry bag.  Well done!!!


Linda



 MUC Pilgrim Patchworkers (by Pam)



The next two quilt tops are by Lynn and quilted by Robin



Sue N












Louise and the Dolphin Quilters 








Till next time .....................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx


























































5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on breaking the 3000 mark, All the quilts and bags are simply wonderful. One of the Star Wars movies, Yoda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic quilts and laundry bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoda said that.

    What a great haul of quilts and laundry bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done coach for getting us over the 3,000 milestone! Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful show of quilts and laundry bags

    ReplyDelete