Friday 22 August 2014

Weekly Dispatches 22 August


G'day all. I hope you have had a good week.  HMAS Toowoomba has!  The first of our quilts have arrived on board to a very enthusiastic welcome.  What makes me smile most is the stories people tell me about how, although boxes arrive from Mums and wives and girlfriends, it is the box with the Aussie Hero name on it that is the first one that is opened.    I don't know about you, but whenever I am sewing a quilt or a laundry bag I can't help but think about the person I am making it for and hope that they will love it. It is so lovely to hear little snippets that tell us we are hitting the mark.

Thanks also for the great feedback about last night's post. Big thanks to Marlene for writing the post.  I had never read Paul Keating's speech before and in Marlene's original draft she had included the link for you to google.  I had a look at it and figured we needed the speech included.  The feedback I have had regarding the whole post has been positive.  Thank you.  I have already had one person contact me with a suggestion for a post they can write which I suspect will be really interesting and moving. I would love to include more of these posts but need you guys to help out with them as I just don't have time to do the research required.  

Quick reminder that there is a sewing day at my home on Wednesday the 27th.  Hope you can make it. I can always use non sewers as long as I know you are coming so I can be organised for you.   Warning!! I am not promising ANZACs or Chocolate Chip cookies but am happy to post the recipe if someone else wants to volunteer! LOL

This time in a week I will be getting ready to attend the Soldier On Gala Ball in Canberra at the Hyatt Hotel. Woo Hoo. Can't wait to see the quilt we made on display.  That is kind of exciting and you never know who you will meet at a Ball.  If any of you have tickets I would love to hear from you.  

And now for this week's wonderful Show and Tell!

708 quilts and 929 laundry bags for 2014.  

3070 quilts and  4775 laundry bags in total.

 Anna



Sue G





Debbie








Grace


 Irene


Irene is from Toowoomba and this quilt is destined for HMAS Toowoomba so Irene has stitched a Toowoomba patch on it, as she has done with every quilt she is making for HMAS Toowoomba! 



Not everyone can quilt like this and not everyone needs to but I just had to show you the great quilting on this quilt.  Reckon he will love it!


Jacqui


Joan


Kate


Kim



Lucy


Lynn quilted by Liz B


 Lynn W quilted by Sally 


Lynn W quilted by Sally 


Lynn


Maddy


Pam Y 





Rita M (aka Granny Smith or Granny Apples)









Robin

  

Robyn R


 Stephanie T quilted this one.


 Stephanie T



Su 










Sue P



 What a great selection of quilts and laundry bags.

Hope you all have a great week.  

Till next time...............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  

Jan-Maree xxx



1 comment: