Sunday 24 March 2013

Messages from lots of Happy Customers

Grab something to sip on and enjoy the read.


Dear Liz,
I would like to say thank you for your generosity and thoughts for the parcel I received on arrival in Afghanistan.  Once again I would like to say thank you for the Quilt, Laundry Bag, Magazine and not to forget the Chocolate.   I do appreciate the thoughts and wishes that we hear of from time to time and makes this job even more worth while.
Kind Regards


One for Nancy

They both arrived a few days ago and are absolutely fantastic. Really brightened up the cabin. The pirate and diving patches are really great. Envy of many a diver on board!!
Thanks so very much. You're time and generosity is greatly appreciated 


Dear Linda,
Thank you very much for the blankets you made.  They are amazing.  They are very well made and they have definitely come in handy, keeping my room mate and I warm during this Afghanistan winter.  Thanks again for your support.

Dear Sheree, 

I am assuming it is ok to use this email address. Wanted to let you know as quickly as possible that my quilt and laundry bag arrived yesterday and I love them. Thank you so much. You are extremely talented, I was truly stunned at the quality of your work. Your lovely letter actually brought tears to my eyes, it's hard not to get sentimental when you are away from your loved ones. I loved the fact that you had put so much thought into buying the material and don't they go beautifully together. Thanks to Chelsea too for her input. It is a great cause and I can assure you the quilts are well received over here. Mine is a talking point of the office. Loved the name on it too - thank you to Lesley. Showed my husband and son over Skype and they echoed my thoughts. I showed my little boy the circus print and he thought it was 'pretty cool'
And of course thanks too to your mum, love the laundry bag. I think I have the best one over here? In fact it's too good for dirty washing! She definitely has done a great job.
The quilt and the laundry bag are something I will treasure and they will serve as a reminder over the years of my time spent on operations.
It sounds like you got a lot of enjoyment out of doing it too, although like all of us, I am sure finding the time to devote to the task and in such a short time frame was at times difficult. 
Thanks too for the lollies, you had already done enough without having to include those to but thank you.
Ok, I better get this sent, don't get a lot of free time here and wanted to make sure you got this ASAP.
Regards

Hi Jan-Maree,


My quilt arrived and I love it, love it, love it, love it ........... Thank you so much.  I am half way through an email to Sheree  to thank her.  She put so much thought into choosing the material, her letter to me brought a tear to my eye (you do get very sentimental when you're away from loved ones!). Her mum made my laundry bag, that's great too.  I was truly amazed at the quality of the items and the care that has obviously gone into making them. Mine even has my name embroidered on it. . And as well as all that, as though that wasn't enough, she threw in a pkt of ANZAC biscuits and lollies.
Again thank you for what you do for the troops over here. I showed it to my husband and son over Skype, my son reckoned it was 'pretty cool'
I will make sure I get a  photo taken and will send it through, won't be for a couple of weeks though as I want to make it a war-ie one!!
Regards



Good morning Jan W,
Thank you so so much. I received your beautiful quilt about a week ago now - Love it, love it, love it !!!!!  I would have loved to have written back sooner - its just things have been extremely hectic this end.  I cannot thank you enough for all your time and resources you have put in to making this quilt for me -  I cannot wait to return home so I can show it off to family and friends.  
Thank you again -  Please see attached letter and photo. The photo is of one of my Colleagues who sits next to me in my office - we wanted to send you a pic of us to show you how happy  and proud we both are with our quilts - all thanks to you. My colleagues quilt actually came from Western Australia.
Warm Regards,



This for Nancy's Star Wars Quilt
I received it yesterday and it was the first mail I've got since we have been away. It is absolutely amazing and definitely brought a smile to my face and a few jealous looks from other lads I've shown.  Thank you very much for the effort you and you team put in for all of us.
Cheers  


Dear Sue,

I wanted to write a short note just to let you know that I received a box of laundry bags from you today and that they have been distributed amongst personnel across our Task Group. As Jan-Maree knows, we are always delighted to receive gifts such as yours and I enjoy my part in ensuring that they go to soldiers who will use them. I know, for instance, that the Toy Story themed bag is going to a Corporal to match his Toy Story bedding! We are now four months into our seven month tour here in Afghanistan and anything which adds a bit of colour to a place which can sometimes seem somewhat grey and dull is very welcome indeed. We are a lucky bunch of people to be so well supported by organisations like AHQ and individuals like you.
Thank you very much again for your contribution to 7 RAR TG and may I take the opportunity to wish you a peaceful Easter break next weekend.

Kind regards,

Dear Jan-Maree
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the lovely "Hero Quilt" that has been made for me.  I am proud to be an Australian soldier, but I am humbled by the generosity, respect and admiration that people like you have shown for the Australian Defence Force.  The support from back home in Australia, as you well know, is a driving force behind the strength of our organisation.  the support from our families and people like you makes a difficult job that little bit easier.

I am grateful that the "Aussie Hero Quilts" members take time to design and make these lovely gifts for your serving solidiers deployed overseas.  Previously I have received a laundry bag from Aussie Hero quilts and it is just fantastic and very useful indeed.

Please pass on my thanks to Lynn  and Stephanie T for their amazing design and completion of the quilt I have received.  I will always have this as a memory of my time here in Afghanistan and of the appreciation that lovely ladies, such as yourselves, have for your troops abroad.

G'day Julie-Ann. 
I received your wonderful gift just yesterday and I am very proud to be the owner of a masterful work of art.  I am very proud to have served my country and it's populace in the enduring peace-keeping, reconstruction and mentoring mission we have participated in. It is very refreshing to know there are people at home who appreciate our efforts.
Thank you once again for your wonderful gift. Stay safe yourself, and please pass on my regards to your husband.
Kind regards.

Dear Jan-Maree,
I am writing to thank you for the beautiful quilt I recently received and wish to thank Heather H, Paul and Paula and Judith.   You were correct this was a team effort and the meticulously crafted quilt was stunning.  I was particularly impressed by the high quality of the craftsmanship.  I can only imagine the time and effort that went in to this beautiful Australian themed gift.  It was a most thoughtful as well as useful gift, we are were getting minus 15 degree temperatures at that time.  I can't imagine how many hours each one of you must have taken to complete it. 

It is an honor and a privilege to deploy overseas to help Afghanistan become a safer place, and aid in the maintenance of security for Australia.  It's particularly encouraging to know that the work our troops are doing is recognised and appreciated by fellow Australians like yourself.

Jeanne and Rob,
Thank for the laundry bag I received the other day in the post. I have

put it to good use and it as the "Clean" bag. It often seemed a bit

counterproductive to put fresh and clean laundry into the same bag I had

the laundry in before the wash. 

Thanks again, sincerely



Dear Jacqui,
I just received my Hero Quilt, accompanied by your lovely card and I wanted to say a big THANK YOU!!!  It is very exciting here and I really love working so closely with Australian soldiers, sailors and airmen/women - I'm sure you know that everyone becomes a big family here. 
I can't believe you managed to get all those requests into one lovely quilt. I got our J1 (a job title)  to take a picture of me with it in the HQ (Headquarteres) - I hope you enjoy! 
Many, many, MANY thanks for the lovely present and I hope you continue to make quilts that bring a little happiness to Defence personnel in Afghanistan


Hi Jan Maree,
I am very happy to report that both XXXXX and myself received our quilts, and they were fantastic.  It was really uplifting to receive them and reminded us that people back home still had us in their thoughts.  We are currently drafting letters of thank you to yourself and the fabulous ladies who donated their time to the cause. Once again many thanks for a wonderful quilt.  I hope that you have been well yourself. Thanks,


 I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. 

Till next time...............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!



1 comment:

  1. What wonderful letter and photos - God bless all them all.

    ReplyDelete