Wednesday 13 March 2013

Happy Mail 13 Mar


Hello!!!  Where did the week go?  Happy Mail has come around again in a rush and as it turns out it is a very quiet week.  I received what I think will be the last of the Blocks of the Month from February.  

These gorgeous bright ones are from Kirsten.  I just love bright colours and I reckon whoever gets a quilt with these beauties in it can't help but smile when they see it.



If anyone has any more February BOMs in the mail can you please let me know.


How is everyone doing with their BOM for March?  Are you game enough to give it a go?  If only I had time to do more myself.

Also in the happy mail were these two quilt tops made by my friend Louise who also made matching laundry bags which I can't show you just yet.   I had to crop out part of the quilts too so as not to spoil the surprise.




Last night I shared a thank you message that a fellow sent for a quilt that Jenny and Gale had made.   he promised to send me some photos and he promised to include the, in his words "the aggressive salmon wall" behind his bed.  


He was particularly glad to have a masculine quilt to "man up" his room given that pinkish feature wall.
Ahh, that looks better, don't you think?


And of course, his laundry bag.


Sorry tonight's post is so short.  I am busy signalling quilt tops to go to Stephanie tomorrow.  We are meeting up to swap over - ten completed quilts from Stephanie and ten tops, battings and backings to hand to her.  Seriously, without wonderful, generous quilters like Stephanie this job would be soooo much harder.  I also have to thank Nancy who quilts seemingly non-stop in Kalgoorlie  and also Kim, Carol, Belinda and Donna.  If it wasn't for you guys I would still be drowning in quilt tops and lots of soldiers would not be getting the warm fuzzies from opening up our boxes.

Well, I am back to ironing quilt backings.

Till next time.......keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those bright BOMs, can hardly wait to see those quilts. It's so funny that boys and men are touchy about any colour that may be pink ... maybe if we tell him it's apricot, he will feel better. I've spent years and years tip toeing around boys at the school where I work, avoiding pink pens, books whatever so they won't feel hurt and I wonder what the world would be like if girls refused to have anything blue.

    ReplyDelete