Thursday 9 August 2018

Thanks on Thursday......

Heading back from Canberra this morning after breakfast with a recipient so I can give her her quilt.  I have not had much time to answer emails over the last couple of days so if you are waiting for an answer I will endeavour to catch up tonight. 

Have a great day all.
.....


Hello Joy,

Before I begin I must start with an apology- I am SO sorry it has taken me so long to write and thank you for my laundry bag. 

I was on the Invictus Games team last year and I was so surprised and grateful when Jan-Maree showed up with a personalised bag for all of us. It was a very well kept secret! 

It’s a while ago so you may not remember, mine had a silhouette of Tasmania on it- which I love! I was the only athlete on the team last year who still lives there so it was a point of pride for me from the beginning.

I am starting to accept my limits and see what I can achieve when I concentrate on what I can do instead of what I can’t. Invictus was a really important step in that process.

I managed to make a bit of a splash last year when I cried at the opening ceremony and Prince Harry came and checked on me a few days later! I am pleased to report I have come a long way since then and am lucky enough to be volunteering with the Australian team’s media element. It’s great to be involved again in a different way- it’s still a very healing environment.

Anyway, I hope Jan-Maree passed on just how grateful the whole team were upon receiving their bags and once again a personal thank you from me. It will serve as a reminder of my first steps towards success! 

Best wishes,

.....

Bridget,

I received your quilt and letter this week.  Thank you so much it is beautiful and will take pride of place in my room.  It is actually too nice to use and I don't want to damage it!

I have spent nearly a year in Afghanistan and this is a lovely reminder of home.  Again thank you for taking the time to make it and write a nice letter.  I wish you and your family well.

Best wishes

.....


Hi Bridget,

I received your beautiful quilt and laundry bag in the mail today. I have to say that they are a work of art and I am deeply touched that you have taken the time to make these especially for me.
I think the work you and the other sewing ladies do is great and we all consider you to be part of our defence family.   

Thank you for thinking of us.
.....


Hi Ellen,

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to you, Heather, Carolann and Sylvia for my gorgeous quilt and laundry bag. I absolutely love it! Although it is starting to warm up quite a bit here, I will treasure the gift for years to come. (in fact I am snuggled up into it at the moment as I type you this email). I can see how much effort you lovely ladies have put into it, and I really appreciate it. I too am from a farm and hear the drought is quite bad back at home at the moment, so I hope you are all going well with it all.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for my gorgeous quilt, the work you do means a lot to me and many others here, it is so exciting when our quilt parcels arrive and I assure you it makes everyones day and deployment a whole lot better!


Kind regards,
.....


Sue,
Thank you for your amazing quilt. It honestly blew my mind away. Your craftsmanship is amazing. You have even inspired my sister to give it a go.
It is hard being away from home especially in this heat but with my quilt it is the perfect weight to get a good nights sleep and everything is better after a good nights sleep.

I hope the Choco-dates make it to you ok. They are everywhere here. and I love them.
Say hi to your cats for me.
Have a wonderful day thand thank you again!

Take care, 
.....


Good Morning Steve and Jenny,

Firstly, I need to apologise for taking so long to write this email, I have just been caught up getting back into working after my deployment.

The main reason for my email, is to thank you for the fantastic laundry bag you made me, I am very impressed with the quality of the work, and I am confident I will not lose this bag in a pile amongst all the others any time soon.

I am very fortunate that my wife is not due until the end of September, so I will be there for the arrival of our third child, but I can imagine it would  be very difficult for the soldiers and their families who are away when their child is born.  Luckily on our tour, we were able to send a couple of members who were expecting children home at the start of the redeployment period to ensure they made it home in time.

Thank you again for the laundry bag and burp cloth, knowing that I have support from back home does make the extended time away from home more bearable and I particularly impressed with the work Aussie Hero Quilts does for ADF personnel.


Regards,
.....


Good afternoon Jan.

I’d just like to say a huge thank you for my Aussie hero quilt which arrived last month.

I really love it.

The name on the package says Katie L but she didn’t include an email address so can you please pass on my thanks and gratitude to them for all their hard work.

I would have replied sooner but I have only just got back from ROCL where I caught up with my family in Japan for two weeks. It was the first time I had seen them in five months and we had a great time exploring this amazing country.
  
Once again , thank you for my quilt and on behalf of all my mates serving here thank you for the time and effort you all put in to make our deployment a little bit brighter.

All the best.

Kind regards
.....

Dont forget the tickets are on sale for our Annual Thank You Dinner... 
And please keep reading the blog as I will publish updates etc whenever they come up. 
Details here

This means you Alison and Sue G!  :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment