Tuesday 28 August 2018

Grati-Tuesday 28 August 18

G'day all,

Grab a cuppa and have a read.  A couple of great smiles here. 
.....


Dear Melissa,

Thank you so much for my laundry bag, I will be forever grateful for this generous gift.  I was one of the first in my task group to receive a package from Aussie Hero Quilts, so you could imagine the jealousy, if only they liked the Panthers as much as I do.  You mentioned in your letter that you hope this laundry bag brings me some comfort as well as use.  I would be lying to you if I told you I was ever going to use it, it’s that fantastic I have it hanging on my wall next to my jersey 😊.

Thank you so much for this laundry bag, once again I am so grateful for the gift and the time and effort it must have taken out of your busy life especially for a stranger. 

I have attached a photo of myself with my new favourite laundry bag, or should I say art work.
Thanks again Melissa.

Kindest regards,



.....


Dear Rhonda,



Wow! Thank you so much for the laundry Bag you made for me, it is fantastic !! I can’t thak you enough for your effort and the quality of your work. I have shown many friends that are in RAEME over here and sent pictures back home, they are all jealous and want to know where they can get one, hahaha I tell them this is a one off, made especially for me. I will treasure it forever and it will always be a special way to remember my time here. 



However receiving gifts such as your laundry bag and extras, makes it all worth it, to know that people at home support us and appreciate our sacrifice, it really means a lot to all of us here and makes the separation from home that little bit easier. Many thanks for your effort and that of Jan Maree and her organisation (Hero Quilts), it is a great idea and a wonderful service you all provide for of us here.



With the delays in mailing, I have chosen to email you instead of writing you, I hope you don’t mind ? but I wanted to let you know that I had received your laundry bag as fast as I could, as I reckon that had I sent you a letter you would not have received it till the footy finals.

So thanks again Rhonda, it is a fantastic laundry bag and its arrival is quite timely as I was fed up with using a plastic bag to carry my laundry to the machines.

Once again, thank you for the laundry bag and extra treats, I really appreciated it.
All the best
......



Dear Kate,
I have just received the quilt and treats, WOW!  Thank you so so much.  It has picked up morale significantly.  You have gone above & beyond.
As for me, I’m 25.  Originally a plant mechanic in the mines but I wanted to give something back to Our country.  I thank you for your pictures of your dogs – made me miss mine even more.   Again, thank you for everything – you really do make a difference. 
......

Jean,

Thank you very much for the Team Invictus Laundry bag - It looks great and very personalised.

Along with myself the team and staff are over the moon for the effort and skill in providing the quilts and bags.  Whilst the Coaching is time intensive it is great to see the changes in the competitors as they go through this journey and for those that were involved last year we see a massive change in their confidence and reintegration in the community.

Thank you again and hopefully I might get a chance to visit your neck of the woods once the games are over.

Regards
.....

Hi Kate,

I received your parcel in the mail today with my quilt, laundry bag and goodies. Thank you so much! It made my day! The quilt and laundry bag are perfect, they are better than I was hoping for. I noted in your letter this was the first one you have done, so I feel privileged. It is very hot and humid here pushing high 40s / low 50s with humidity around 60-80%. I'm looking forward to the weather cooling down and of course going home to my wife and two kids (14 and 12 years old). I will be taking pictures of my quilt and laundry bag for my family to see how awesome they are. Your parcel really did make my day, I've been doing some long days lately, so this was perfect timing and has picked me up. I've been showing off around the office to everyone my quilt and bag and they all agree it is very cool!
Thank you again, they will take pride of place on my bed and my wall.
.....


Greetings Lisa,

to begin  let me just say 

OH WOW!!!

the quilt is just amazing I have spent some time trying to find the right words to express my feelings on how awesome it is but they just escape me.

I do want to give you a big thank you for making it for me It is just amazing ( I am likely to repeat myself a bit as I am completely stunned by it) 
The amount of skill you have is not to be underestimated.  That blanket stich setting on the sewing machine is a tricky setting and you have worked it as a pro. I wish my sewing skills were as formable.
The design is wonderful and as I have shown people in my great pleasure to show it off, and they have responded with the "oh wow how cool is that" statement as well.
again all I can say is AWESOME
Than you again for the quilt and laundry bag I am humbled by your gracious gift.  

Many blessings upon you all

......

Good evening Ruth,
I have just received my quilt and my laundry bag today.

I am so overwhelmed with how amazing both are but I wanted to take a little extra time out to say thanks for the work you did on the laundry bag. My labrador is such a goof and that picture is my favourite one haha.

It means the world when we receive these tokens of appreciation and laundry is a regular occurrence here as we have reached some days getting to 61 degrees plus humidity.

I wish you all the best Ruth thanks once again. 




...... 

Till next time ...........keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

1 comment: