Monday 27 August 2018

Aussie Hero Quilts Requests 27 August 18


Hi all

Never ever underestimate the value of what you do when you take the time to lovingly make a quilt or a laundry bag for one of our troops, whether you know them or not... you may never hear back from your recipient but this week I have had some really heart-warming feedback passed to me that I just can't share on the blog as it is too personal, but suffice to say I have shed a few tears of gratitude for the impact we are having.  You can be assured that your efforts are deeply appreciated.

Please, please, please read this preamble each week as the info does change. I am receiving a lot of questions from people who have not read this info so you would make it easier for me too if you took a few minutes to read it.

Priority Quilts

PHEW,  we have so many priority requests this week. I have numbered them in order of urgency but all of the requests numbered 2-4 (regardless of the letter attached to their number) need to be in the mail no later than Monday 1 October at the latest.  That gives us five weeks.  Can we do it?  I don’t know but at least we can try.

Post by Date for all quilts and laundry bags

The post by date for ALL items on this list is 1 October please.   Good heavens! Where did the year go?

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

 PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 
For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicated the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Afghanistan flag – I can send you one.
Coat of Arms, Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, RAEME and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.
If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I may be able to get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.  Just let me know what words you want, what colour fabric and what colour thread… keep it simple please.   Also include your address in the email to save me time please.
I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.
Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Jan-Maree


Tri Service crest… (I can print this for you) Blue Red White ,  Red Poppy/poppies
F
LB
1
Everything Army related / Gold Wagon wheel - Nickname on it as well please"
F
LB
1
 Australian Flag with my name
M
LB
1
Papua New Guinea Flag on Laundry bag with name
M
LB
1
 ANZAC, RAAF (Kangaroo), "OP ACCORDION' stiched in. post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
Q
2B
Military Working Dog Handler - NSW (Blues) - Jets - MER 2018 Stiched in - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
B
2C
QLD State of Origin - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
Q
2D
North Queensland Cowboys (NRL) - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
B
2E
My Little Pony / Pink - post by end of Sept at the very latest
F
B
2F
Aus Flag, Surfing, Beach, MER 2018 stitched - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
B
2G
AUS flag, Canada flag and USA flag, MEAO 2009-2010 and MER 2018 - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
B
2H
 Drift Cars - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
Q
2I
Marvel - all characters - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
Q
2J
Cycling tracK (campagnolo) - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
B
2K
Australia / Air Force - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
B
2L
Darts (Purple) - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
Q
2M
Marvel - Blackpather (Purple, black) - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
B
2N
Gold Coast Titans NRL team, Australian Flag, Military Aircraft (C17) - post by end of Sept at the very latest
M
B
2O
Poppy's Army rising sun
tour dates

B
3
AUS Flag, Greek Flag, Philippine Flag ( I can print the flags) (Task Group Taji 2018)
M
B
4A
Australian Flag, NZ Flag, Iraq flag, Skippy Badge, OP OKRA 2018 colours of the aboriginal flag
M
B
4B
Austrailan flag, RAEME Flag colours with a RAEME crest (I can send you one). Writing at the top "OPERATION OKRA" and name at the bottom
M
B
4C
Navy Blue with the RAAF Ensign and a picture of Dubai ( I can print one and send to you)  the text 'EAOU-3 (17 Apr - 31 Oct 18)'. Thank you.
M
B
4D
Sporty theme with Aussie flag
M
Q
4E
BMW Motorcycles theme please
M
B
4F
Grey, silhouette of a soldier and Lazy E (really easy to applique, basically an E lying down)
M
Q
4G
Liverpool FC (Liverpool football club) - red and white
Anything Army.
Wife's name avbl
Dog is named - Ripley (Rhodesian Ridgeback.
Loves soccer in general.
M
Q
4H
I love the ocean and ocean waves, and landscapes where the ocean meets the desert because of the contrast of the blue against the golden sand. I would appreciate some ocean and desert landscape themes. Also, if possible can I please have my Rank, Name, Service Number and deployment dates on the quilt ( I can get the personal details embroidered on a patch for you to stitch in if you like.
F
B
4I
Nature in General

Q
4J
Brown dog and black and white cat

B
4K
Pug Dogs

B
4L
Sunsets

Q
4M
Poke-emon

B
4N
BARBIE (Dolls) - Female theme for his daughter
M
B
4O
TGT-VII Badge, Australian Flag and Iraqi flag half/half and a Royal Australian Regiment Skippy Badge
M
B
4P
 TGT-VII Badge, Australian Flag and Iraqi flag half/half and a Royal Australian Artillery Badge
M
B
4Q
 TGT-VII Badge, Australian Flag and Iraqi flag half/half and a 2/14 Light Horse Regiment Badge
M
B
4R
 - TGT-VII Badge, Australian Flag and Iraqi flag half/half and a Royal Australian Regiment Skippy Badge
M
B
4S
 TGT-VII Badge, Australian Flag and Iraqi flag half/half and a Royal New South Wales Regiment Badge 
M
B
4T
Old School Jurassac Park,
Origin NSW Blues,
Travel, Gym 
Anything but pink
F
Q
5
Task Group Taji-VII Boomerang/Fern crest, AAPRS (Australian Army Public Relations Service) logo, Australia / Iraq maps, travelling and outdoor adventures   Mainly blue with some red & other colours 
F
Q
6
Sports and Warratahs - Rising Sun
M
Q
7
Australian Army and Iraq (Map, flag)
M
Q
8
"Red, White and Blue
Rugby Union, Running, Golf"
M
Q
9
Australian Ferns
M
B
10

ANZAC theme

B
12
Sailing boats

B
13
Spiders

B
14
Beach theme

B
15
Rock and Roll Music

B
16
Tropical Theme

B
17
West Coast Eagles

B
18
Puppies

B
19
South Sydney NRL

B
20
Star Trek

B
21
American Culture

B
22
MARTO Insignia - body building

B
23
snow boarding

B
24
ANZAC Soldier themed.

B
25




No comments:

Post a Comment