Sunday 17 November 2013

Sunday

G'day folks.
Well where ever you are I hope you have had a good day.   Here in Sydney it has been really cold and wet, wet, wet  Great working weather for me for sewing and quilting and packing but the husband is not so appreciative of his day of gliding being washed out!
:-(
I am getting all sorts of things sorted out.  I am hoping to post off the Mystery Quilt envelopes tomorrow afternoon.  We are going to be doing a 15" block of your choice with a really pretty pastel Aussie print as the feature fabric.  There is still room for others to join in if you want to.   Email me, facebook me or call me if you are interested.

Bog reminder!  The next issue of Australian Patchwork & Stitching hits the stands tomorrow and guess who is in it!  

WE ARE!!!

And it is a lovely big spread so make sure you head out to buy one.
You can expect my posts to be a little short this week and maybe next week as I get ready for my trip to visit the Old Bags and the Dag and then head up to Brisbane for the dinner.  So excited!
 I an not going to keep boring you with the details of the dinner and how to buy raffle tickets.  You can find all you need to know here.  Make sure you read tomorrow night's post as I will be telling one of my favourite stories and the lead character will actually be at the dinner and will be saying a few words.

To finish off tonight, last night I received a message from one of the roving photographers who travel extensively all over the Middle East while they are deployed.  I hate to think how many "frequent flyer" points they would rack up if you could get them for service aircraft!  One of them is about to come home.  He received a laundry bag from me (with old fashioned Kodak film containers on it) and a really terrific photography themed quilt made by Lynn and Stephanie T.  He sent a special message last night and here it is for you to enjoy too.


Gday Jan-Maree
Well just thought I would let you know that my time is up and just wanted to thank you and all your friends who make quilts. It is amazing to see so many different items around and be able to say I know who made those. I have been all over Afghanistan and out at sea and have seen hundreds of quilts and laundry bags.
I will pass onto my relief to keep an eye out for any photographic opportunities and to let you know if he finds anything.
Thanks for the efforts it is really appreciated
On that note I am off to finish editing tomorrow's post.  I think you will enjoy it.

Till next time...................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if I could get a copy of that over here. Will hv to hunt it up and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan-Maree that is so exciting congrats on being in Patchwork and Stitching. That is awesome.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete