Wednesday 20 November 2013

Happy Mail 20 November

G'day all.  
At last a lovely sunny day in Sydney today - but still a great day for sewing.....if only I could get away from my laptop.  LOL

Tonight, for Happy Mail, I thought I would share with you the sorts of emails that I am receiving back from the crew of HMAS Melbourne once they hear that their quilts or laundry bags are on their way to them.  I think they will leave you in no doubt that what we are doing is appreciated across the board.  I am very conscious of the fact that I see all the messages that come in and that, in itself, can be so encouraging.   I want you to enjoy some of that encouragement as well.
.....

Thank you so very much.  I am very much looking forward to receiving this kind gesture and will be sure to have a photo of myself and gift in transit soon after arrival.
Again thank you so much it is an excellent thing that you and your team do
.....

Thank you very much. All your efforts are greatly appreciated not only from myself and the crew of HMAS Melbourne, but from the greater Defence Force Community
.....

Jan-Maree ....THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU
I'll gladly let you know when it arrives... I await its arrival with baited breath and eager anticipation
.....

I am sure I'm going to love it and thankyou very much for all your effort. It will be greatly appreciated and definitely a humbling feeling that others are doing such a thing. 

Thanks again and really looking forward to seeing it
.....

Jan-Maree,
Thank you very much Jan.  I cant wait to see it thank you very much and I will let you know as soon as it arrives.
.....

Thankyou for forwarding this on to me, it is greatly appreciated. I will send you an email once I recieve it
.....

Thank you so much for letting me know. Also can I just take the opportunity to thank you and everyone who put so much time and effort into organising and making the quilts/bags for us. I am personally extremely grateful, it brings a lot of happiness to everyone involved in the deployment to receive them.

Thanks once again and I will be sure to let you know when it arrives.
.....

Thank you very much. I will be sure to let you know when it arrives and I will take some photos of it out on the flight deck.

It means a lot  that your organisation would take the time to make the quilts and laundry bags for deployed personnel.

Keep up the great work.
.....

Thanks so much for your email, and I look forward to receiving the quilt.

Such a wonderful program you have put together, its heartwarming to know we have the support back home.

You, and all the quilt makers, are a credit to Australian society, and I am very proud to be in receipt of such a special gift.

Thanks for keeping the Aussie Spirit alive
.....

Thank you so much for these quilts, I'm very much looking forward to them.

I will email you as soon as it arrives. Hope you have a fantastic day.
.....

Thankyou very much for the Aussie Hero Quilt.  I look forward to receiving it at our next port visit.  I will advise as soon as I receive it.

The support that you and your team have provided to HMAS MELBOURNE has been greatly appreciated and I can genuinely say that it makes a difference.  Thank you.
....


:-)

Seeing as we don't have a Block of the Month for November there is not so much mail to show you.  I received three quilt tops this week.

Two from Julie


Julie


and one from Louise.


I expect Happy Mail posts might be a little shorter for a while as people are getting ready for Christmas and holidays.  Now is probably a good time to tell you that, like last year, I will reduce the number of weekly posts a little over the December/January period.  I will let you know the dates but I will probably pare them back to Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I look forward to a break like everyone else but let me tell you, it feels a little strange when I do it.  I will still keep the Request Lists going though and will still be answering emails and posting Weekly dispatches.  Anyway, that is just a heads up seeing as there is so much on for me in the next two weeks I thought I should mention it now while I thought of it.

I have a special day coming up tomorrow.   One of our recipients has kindly invited me to go to Victoria Barracks in Paddington for morning tea tomorrow.  After that I will be meeting with a chaplain for an "Intro to Aussie Heroes" chat.   You never know, I just may have some photos for you tomorrow night.

Till next time...........................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

1 comment:

  1. Great response from the Melbourne - have a nice time in Paddington.

    ReplyDelete