Sunday 16 October 2022

I do love it when a surprise comes together

 This morning I had some visitors to HQ Aussie Heroes.  The ex-Regimental Sergeant Major- Army, Grant, and his wife, Tracey, dropped in for a visit. Tracey and I have been planning this for a while but Grant had absolutely no idea.  They were in Sydney for the weekend and we had arranged that they would come out to my home in the Hills District as a surprise. Grant did not know until I opened the front door exactly where he was and it was lovely to see recognition dawn on his face as he looked through my screen door. 

After a good chat over a brew and some ANZACs (baked fresh this morning) I handed Grant his quilt, the reason behind the surprise. 


A huge well done to Lynn F who made the quilt top, incorporating all the embroideries completed by Arthur F.  A bug thanks also to Philomena who then quilted and bound it. A great team effort as always. 


I do really love it when a surprise comes together! 

Congratulations and thank you for your service Grant. All the very best for your retirement from the Army and for whatever adventure you embark on next!  Here's wishing you and Tracey many years of happiness in the future. 

Till next time... keep spreading the AHQ word.

Jan-Maree xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment