Tuesday 18 October 2022

Grati-Tuesday 18th October 2022

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

Hope everyone has had a fantastic week.  

Fingers crossed this weather starts improving. I think we have all had enough rain lately. 

Another great bunch of thank-yous and photos to brighten your day. 

So grab a cuppa, sit back, relax and enjoy the 
following gratitude letters and photos. 

...

Dear Cath H,

On behalf of myself, and the members of the HQ 17th Sustainment Brigade who were recipients of the wonderful quilt you lovingly created, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful work.

I personally presented the quilt and laundry bag to the recipient and there was a mixture of laughs and shock (sometimes both!), but a sense of gratitude which I wished I had a camera at the time as the reaction was absolutely priceless.

The HQ administers the primary logistics and medical units in the Army and as a result we are one of the higher tempo units in the ADF, having since I submitted the requests, we have been heavily involved with the recent deployments to Tonga, the NSW Flood emergency in April and July and the ADF COVID-19 assistance to the nursing homes.  A number of the recipients have deployed or are currently deployed or involved, so may not be in a position to reach out to you at this moment.  I am sure each member will reply in due course, but I wanted you to know that your gifts from the heart have been presented and received by a very grateful soldier.

Yours sincerely,

...

Good afternoon AHQ 

(Bobbie S and Mystery Group & Kerri B)

 

I am writing this email to thank everybody involved for the quilt that was made for me whilst I was still posted to School of Infantry. Please know that I do absolutely appreciate the thought and efforts that goes into this organisation; furthermore, please know that this quilt takes pride and place over my lap every night when I’m at home watching television. I absolutely love this art piece.

 

Please find attached a pic that my wife took for me.

 

Stay safe and all the best


Kind regards




...

Our Chairman of the Board, Air Marshal Leo Davies, Retd recently presented quilts to the former Chiefs of our Defence Force. 

 All quilts were made by Philomena.

(by the looks of the group photo they had a great celebration!)






...

Dear AHQ (Lynn F & Ruth S)

I was well chuffed with both the quilt and the laundry bag; thank you to you and your army of quilters and helpers. You are all doing such an amazing thing.
I will respond to the lovely letters I received in the very near future.
Enjoy your day.

Regards,


...

Good morning Bridget S,

 

I would like to say thank you for the absolutely amazing job that you did for my quilt! It far exceeded my expectations!!

 

Thank you also for providing a letter of introduction. I myself am married with two children – my daughter who is 7 and my son who is 6 are both in primary school.

 

My wife works as an Early Childhood Educator and has been doing so for the past 15 years. Together we have a very cheeky German Sheppard who is 9 years old with still plenty of go in him.

 

Again, thank you very much for what you did for me, but more importantly the contribution that you make to the Sailors, Soldiers and Aviators of those personnel deployed. It most certainly does not go unnoticed and it is appreciated more than you may realise.

  

Kind regards.

 

...

Dear Bridget R,

 

I am one of the Air Force members that you sewed a laundry bag for.  Thank you very much for sewing my laundry bag – you’ll be pleased to know that it gets used every day! Thanks too for serving the ADF in this way. Those on the initial chaplain’s course were taken aback by this kind act.

 

It’s great to hear a bit about your family – you must be very proud of your children. 

 

Congratulations on your 40 years of service in the hospital world – that is an incredible achievement that few reach. I have huge respect for anyone who serves as a nurse or first responder – and especially for that length of time!

 

A bit about me – I’m a single man (hoping to get married down the track) from Victoria. I serve as a chaplain in the Presbyterian tradition. Like yourself, I have a great passion for serving people. I used to serve as a volunteer firefighter and it was that role that introduced me to the Defence world. One member who I volunteered with actually encouraged me to explore Defence Chaplaincy and that planted an idea that resulted in me now sitting in an Air Force Chaplain’s office all these years later, writing to you!

 

I hope this letter finds you well Bridget and hope you and the family are going okay with all these floods on the East Coast.

 

Thanks again for your kind act in sewing for those who serve.

 

Best regards,

...

Hi there all the team at Aussie Hero Quilts,

I just wanted to write and say a very big thank you for the amazing quilt made by Heather B.

I would like to pass on my heartfelt thanks to Heather and tell her I really loved the design especially the music patch and all the embroidery.

Thanks again and keep up all the good work, very inspiring, and the appreciation for my service was overwhelmingly kind. I don’t think anyone's ever thanked me for it, so it meant a lot to me.

Best Regards,

...

Dear AHQ,

I cannot thank you enough for the beautiful laundry bag (made by Kristie H).  It means so much to me that she gifted her time and talent and the beautiful fabric and sent such a lovely letter! I use the bag all the time and I'm always grateful for her kindness and wonderful gift! Thank you so much!!!

...

Hi Jan-Maree,

 

Pennie T dropped off the laundry bags to my girls this morning and they are absolutely over the moon with them, please can you pass on my thanks to her if you are able to. My wife sent me pictures of the girls holding them up and Pennie has done an amazing job in such a short time frame.


Thank you again it means a lot   

...


Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!

🌟 🌟 🌟

No comments:

Post a Comment