Tuesday 25 October 2022

Grati-Tuesday 25th October 2022

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

Hope everyone has had a fantastic week.  

Lucky I took a day off today to complete a quilt I will be presenting on Sunday so that the thank you letters doubled. LOL

So grab a cuppa, sit back, relax and enjoy the 
following gratitude letters and photos. 

...

Good Afternoon Ann S,


Thank you for the wonderful and meticulous blanket. I cannot thank you enough for your valuable time and magnificent sewing.

 

It was wonderful to read about your grandchildren and how they are keeping you busy including their successes, I can hear how proud you are through your words and yet you still make time for me. Thank you sincerely.

 

Thank you for your dads service, vastly different to that of today but we are brothers and sisters at arms.

 

I have two wonderful children, a husband and two border collie girls. I have completed 28 years of service and I must say this is a high light for sure.

 

Thankyou again, my sincere gratitude comes from within and I will cherish it with pride and joy.

 

   Again thankyou so much, it is greatly appreciated.

 

Jan-Maree, thank you so much for your wonderful organisation and fabulous sacrifice.

 

Yours Aye

...

Dear Bridget R,

Firstly thank you for the amazing work you do for Aussie Hero Quilts (and laundry bags). I know you don’t need me telling you but the work you amazing people put into these quilt's and laundry bags have a profound impact on their recipients.

In particular I wanted to thank you for the amazing work you did on the quilt for my mate (aka God of War ) which I picked up from AHQ HQ recently. I was blown away by your design and how you have captured my mate to a “T”. 

I presented it to him at the Penrith RSL sub-Branch meeting.  He has no idea I am coming to the meeting which will be a surprise. While he is larger than life he is such a humble guy and if he doesn't kill me on the night I will share some pictures of the presentation.

Again I can’t thank you enough for this.

Your sincerely, 





'The God of War' receiving his quilt.  He obviously didn't kill his presenter!

...

Greetings Liz J,

I would just like to thank you for the awesome laundry bag (and letter) you created which I received today. It’s the one with coloured umbrellas on a black background with yellow top and green bottom (very Aussie)

I am an Armament Technician and have served for 35 years. As of January I am posted to RAAF Edinburgh in SA which seems appropriate as that’s you’re state. I will definitely use the laundry bag when I’m there.

 I am however going as “Member with Dependants – Unaccompanied” which means I am leaving my family here as this is where we have settled down. We have 3 boys. Our first born is working and living in Canberra as a HR executive for a data storage company and just purchased his first property. Middle son married this year (we understand your pain of organising) and is a Physiotherapist and has his own home. My third son is in warehouse distribution and still at home and saving for a house.

 I’ve only been to SA when basic training used to be there back in 1987 (it’s now in Wagga Wagga) and some stuff we did at Woomera a few years back so looking forward to it.

Bag looks great and great quality. 

Love the double stitching and that it has a liner.

 Thanks again for your efforts and have a great week

...

Hi Jan-Maree,

 

Presented a quilt to a veteran today. 

He was very overwhelmed and appreciative.



Quilt by Beverley F with embroidery by Inge.

...

Dear Shirley D,

I cannot express how amazed and thankful I was to receive the beautiful quilt and laundry bag that you made. I feel blessed that I have received such a special piece in the centre of the quilt that you spent many countless hours on. I love  how you have represented the states and territories and Australian flora, fauna and icons. Since joining the Army I have spent considerable time in all states and territories and your artwork accurately reminds me of the memories I made in each place. Green  is my favourite colour, it makes me feel at home and happy. I have spent a great deal of this year being away from home as I have been posted to HMAS Adelaide. There are very few Army members that form part of the Ship’s crew and it is a 2-3 year posting. I am currently deployed again overseas, with no phone or internet reception aside from this email account – I won’t return until close to Christmas.  I have placed my quilt on my bed, so I get to see it every day and be reminded of home.

My Dad and I have a very deep love for animals where, when I am not deployed, I try to stay with him on his property in QLD. There is a lot of work to be done in caring for all the animals between us, we have 20 horses, 6 cows and 6 dogs.  I am hoping for a new calf and foal when I return at the end of the year. I have tried my hand at growing plants but I seem to be not much of a green thumb. My Dad and I are passionate Ford enthusiasts where we have an old classic LTD Silver Monarch with Cranberry  interior as well as more modern Ford Rangers.

I don’t know much about golf but I have some friends that play frequently, it sounds like your son is very good at golf.

I really love that you included the fabric on the laundry bag with the children’s toys. My older brother has autism and I have a deep admiration for those that work and are able to be patient with anyone, especially children that require  extra support.

I learnt to sew from my grandmother growing up where I had very few clothes that weren’t handmade. Because of this I understand the time and effort it takes to just make small pieces let alone the beautiful quilt and laundry bag you sent  me. I am very appreciative of your hard work and thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

...

To Dear Jenni S,

 

I just wanted to send you an email to thank you for your lovely quilt. It is absolutely amazing! You are very talented!

 

A little bit about me. I have been in the Navy since 2004 and on submarines since 2009. I have just finished a 6 month deployment on HMAS Collins. I requested a Little Mermaid theme for my daughters (1 and 3) who both love The Little Mermaid. I told them Dad was away “Under the Sea” seeing Ariel the Mermaid and Sebastian the Crab to give them some context of my trip which Miss 3 seemed satisfied with as a good reason to be away from home.

 

I am from NSW originally (now residing in regional NSW with my wife who is also a submariner).  I grew up in the Hawkesbury and my mother has always made patchwork quilts and was part of the Hawkesbury Quilters association for many years.

 

My girls received your beautiful quilt as a surprise for eating all their dinner that night. Miss 3 sleeps with it every night and Miss 1 lets out a big “Wow!!” every time she looks at it and loves to put her hands over the colours and name the characters.

 

You all do amazing work. Thank you sincerely for your support! It really is loved and appreciated. Many thanks.

...

Only 3 sleeps to go!!!!

Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!

🌟 🌟 🌟


No comments:

Post a Comment