Tuesday 3 August 2021

Grati -Tuesday 3rd August 2021

                                                      Happy Tuesday Friends! 

Hope you are all doing well out there. 

The following is a lot of joy in words that expresses gratitude for what is received. It is more than just a quilt or laundry bag. It is respect and acknowledgement of the sacrifices that need to be made. 

I realise we are all doing it tough at the moment but it seems that we are buckling down and spending our time in a very productive way.

 Enough from me, hope you enjoy the read!

....

Hello Ruth,

Thank you so much for the laundry bag. I absolutely love it and it has made my day. This deployment has been very challenging with the COVID situation. It is nice to have a laundry bag that reminds me of my passion for sailing and the reason I joined the Navy.

I also have a turtle at home, so this laundry bag is me through and through.

I hope you haven't been too effected by COVID.

Thank you again.

....

Good Morning Ben,

Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting and presenting this Aussie Hero Quilt. 

A little about our recipient; He served as an Infantry Soldier and has recently been discharged medically, post an injury he sustained on operations in 2017. Whilst speaking with him, he mentioned that he was on ROCL when his deployment placed orders for quilts and he unfortunately missed out on getting one at that stage. 

He was clearly very humbled and said it captured everything he loved about his service. He spoke highly of the amazing people that provided their service for such a great cause.

He was originally from South Australia but has recently settled into NSW with his partner and 3 children. They are expecting their 4th child in the coming months and explained the quilt would take pride of place in their home.

He has sent his heartfelt thanks to all involved in Aussie Hero Quilts and for allowing him to have his own quilt.

....

Dear Sue-Ellen,

The quilt you made my gorgeous hero was so special.

It will be treasured and we love it. I cannot thank you enough.

With love and thanks

....

Hi Beverley,

I can't thank you enough for the quilt. Besides being warm and a beautiful decoration for my room, it will be a wonderful keepsake for years to come. 

I love the design and am amazed how you were able to include all of my requests. I'm sure everyone that receives one of your quilts is as appreciative as I am. 

I certainly try to make the most of everyday.

Take care and thank you again.

....

G'day Melissa,

I would like to thank you and your awesome family for your support. While I write this letter, my wife and teenage sons are visiting family up in Queensland. They arrived just in time to go into lockdown and are now trying to work out how to get back home which is currently in ACT.

As a family, we do a lot of 4wding and touring, so as you can imagine, they drove up, which is going to make the drive back a bit tricky with the current border closures.

Just before I deployed, we went camping. When I was due to return to Australia, we were planning on doing a trip up the East Coast, to get away from ACT cold. This has fallen through at the moment as the other families, that we were going to do the trip with, have had to make other plans.

A close friend of our family, who is afraid of heights, was hoping I would take him with my family to visit the High country as my family did that just before New Years Eve 2020 with our camper trailer in tow. I don't think that will be achievable due to seasonal closures and COVID restrictions. So now we are looking at other options in NSW.

My new laundry bag now brightens the centre of my room, as we have a lack of space and hanging space at that. I keep it draped over my chair. 

I wish you only the best for you, and your family. My family and I really appreciate the support.

Sincerely.

....

Hi Jenni,

By way of introduction, I am the Commanding Officer. Earlier this year, I was very fortunate to receive a quilt that you made by post.

Remarkably, it was made in a 'Super Hero' theme no less. My two teenage kids loved it when they saw it on a visit to Northern Territory last month. My kids and my lovely wife live in ACT. My ship is a NT based ship, and that's the reality of work, and COVID19, mean that I see very little of them. 

That's life, and our experience is not unusual for Defence families. The separation and isolation certainly has it's moments, but we make it work.

The quilt was a wonderfully generous gesture and it simply made my day. I have been meaning to write you for a couple of months. Please forgive my tardiness. Time has gotten away from me.

I'd like to say in passing, that the work of Hero Quilts is one of the more remarkable innovations, that I have witnessed in thirty years of service. The efforts of you and your colleagues is amazing, and often goes without a word of thanks. 

 Jenni, in my view, you and the organisation you represent, are the real heroes. 

Thank you once again.

....

Good Morning Clarissa,

Thank you for my laundry bag. I love it, it is perfect and very much appreciated. 

 I have moved ships and am now located in NSW. So the bag went the scenic route via QLD to reach me here. 

It was great to read about you. It's a great personal touch that gives the bag even more meaning.

Once again, thank you for the amazing gift.

Regards

....

Dear Bridget,

Thank you so much for the lovely quilt. I really like how you have incorporated the Navy blue and anchors with the red kangaroo - it is a nice nod to my Navy background despite being in a very Army deployment. I actually received your parcel when I was in quarantine after some travel around the Middle East region. So it was a nice surprise.

It is really lovely to know that there are people back at home who think of us here on deployment. My deployment is a bit over six months long, but hope to be home with my family in Victoria later this year

I have been in the Navy for 6.5 years now. This deployment to the Middle East is my first land deployment and it's very different life being deployed with the Army and Air Force. I miss being at sea and the ocean a little bit. When there's a big sand storm, but the Middle East is a really interesting place to be.

It's great to hear about your family. My family has two toy poodles - one is black and the other is grey. They are such fun little dogs with huge personalities. I can't wait to see them when I get home.

Again, thank you so much for the quilt. It has really brightened up my cabin here on base. I hope you and your family are well, and aren't constrained by the lockdowns in Australia.

....

Dear Ellen,

I was the recipient of one of your lovely laundry bags.

Firstly, I want to say thank you for taking the time out to produce this beautiful masterpiece. Like the rest of the guys and girls who received a bag, we were all very touched that you spend your precious time to look after us.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you and your family for all your sacrifices and ongoing contribution to the boys and girls in the ADF.

Thank you

....

Hi Pennie,

I have just received my quilt, and I adore it! Thank you so much, it means the world to me knowing that people really do appreciate the work we do, and understand how hard it can be to be away from our families. 

I am an ICU Nurse (full time RAAF and the occasional weekend casual shift in my local hospital). I have been home a couple of weeks now, a little sooner than expected due to the withdrawal in the Middle East. My husband is very pleased to have me back safely, but my role while I was away was within the resus trauma team, and the ICU team, some very interesting medicine to be seen over there.

Please pass on my heartfelt thank you to all the players who helped with my quilt. I will treasure it forever.

Take care

....

Dear Lisa, Clarissa and the Aussie Hero Quilt Team.

Thank you so much for the amazing quilt that was made for me. I appreciate it and will cherish it forever. It is heartwarming to know that people back at home really care for the troops.

The quilt I have here really does remind me of home, and it makes me look forward to coming back in the months to come even more than I did before. I'm glad it has Victoria on it too, because that's where I am from.

And the letter is adorable.

Thank you again.

....

Good Afternoon Ben,

You brought tears to my eyes when I opened up the two Aussie Hero Quilts we received today. 

Can you please convey our sincere thanks to all involved in creating these wonderful and special products. When we present them we will send through a photograph.

Yours Sincerely.

....

Hi Sue,

WOW! What a special quilt. You absolutely nailed it. 

I love the Australian native flower vibe that the textures and colours show in the design. Not going to lie, everyone was a little jealous when they watched the unwrapping and reveal of my stunning quilt.

You are extremely talented and thoughtful, and muchly appreciated.

Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort not just for my quilt but also the lucky Military members that have received one before. I cannot wait to display it on my rack.

Thank you once again.

....

Well, thats it for another week. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

See you next week!!!






1 comment: