Tuesday 24 August 2021

Grati -Tuesday 24th August 2021

                                                                  Happy Tuesday Friends! 

What's happening in your world? Mine is much the same as the last 50 odd days under stay at home orders, work from home, and online shopping! LOL.. Although, this week, I started seeing an osteo and having remedial massage for my rheumatoid arthritis that had flared as a result of a short stay in hospital and poor habits while working from home. Can I just say, AMAZING! I am sleeping better, moving better and pain has significantly decreased! I'm only sorry I didn't start this sooner! How good is it, when you are finally heard, and understood!  

      Enough from me, hope you enjoy the read!

....

Hello Clarissa,

I am writing to say a huge thank you for the amazing laundry bag you made for me!

You managed to design something I didn't actually know I wanted and I absolutely love it. It will definitely be used for many years to come. I was super excited when I opened the parcel, I instantly sent photos to my family, including my grandmother, who also enjoys sewing. She is very talented, like yourself and colleagues. She used to make costumes for the School Spectacular! She too, was very impressed with your work.

This is my first deployment so I wasn't very familiar with your work until I found your Facebook page. You all do a great job and myself along with all the other deployed members enjoy and appreciate your work so much. Definitely brightens our days receiving the sewn goods from you guys.

Thank you for sharing a part of your story. 

I thought I'd tell you a bit about me, and the reasoning behind the request of the laundry bag design. Red and blue are my favourite colours, as a kid I loved Spider-Man, and they are the predominant colours of his outfit. As I grew up, I got into motorbikes and cars. I currently have 2 blue Yamahas, dirt bikes and a red Holden ute, so the love of red and blue continued. The number 487, was my racing number when I raced dirt bikes. I raced all over NSW for about 5 years from ages 13-17 and gave it up just before I enlisted, I still enjoy a social ride every now then though. As you might be able to tell I'm a little bit of a tomboy, haha!

Anyway, it was lovely to receive a letter from yourself. That was very kind of you. I grew up in NSW.

Hope you and your family are staying safe in these uncertain times. One again, thank you for the laundry bag.

Take care

....

Good Afternoon Marilyn,

I received your beautiful bag today, with your letter inside.

We are currently preparing to deploy on Operation COVID-19 Assist to work with the State Police to contain the COVID outbreak in NSW.

Your laundry bags are really important to us - not only are they cool designs, but they help us distinguish our laundry when we have to wash our clothes. Due to the nature of our work and the virus, we have to get our washing professionally cleaned and separated from the laundry of these on base.

You beauty! It's not everyday that someone does your washing for you.

I particularly, love the design of my bag - I grew up in the country so have become very affectionate of my farm animal - themed laundry bag. I love it.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and considerate gift. It makes us feel loved and appreciated and that means a lot.

With sincere thanks.

....

Dear Lynn and Arthur,

Thank you for your wonderful quilt, I received in the mail a few days ago. I very much appreciate it. I apologise for the email, mail is sporadic at the moment with the draw down in the Middle East, but I would rather not wait for the C-130 to arrive to send my thanks.

I handed out several of the Aussie Hero Quilts to Wounded, Injured and Ill members at the School of Infantry before my deployment, and it was very satisfying to see people receive something they could treasure for a very long time. 

In turn, I highly appreciate to receive the quilt you made whilst I am on deployment, and can see the care and effort you have put into it.

The mission over here in Middle East is a very good one, and I am enjoying working in such a diverse environment within the Multinational Force and Observers. Whilst I miss my family, there is a tight knit group of Aussies to get around.

Again, thank you for your efforts in helping our deployed personnel feel appreciated and giving them a quality gift from home.

Stay well.

Duty First.

....

Hi Marilyn,

Today I received a laundry bag that you made. I just wanted to say a massive thank you for making these, I truly appreciate it a lot. I hope you and your family are doing well and keeping safe during these times.

I have been in the service for just under 4 years now, I grew up and spent most of my childhood in NSW, the not long before I joined the Army and moved to QLD. I have 3 siblings in total, 2 brothers and 1 sister. My brothers are also in the Army, 1 in Northern Territory and the other in NSW. I am also an Uncle to a beautiful niece aged 1 and nephew aged 4 months.

Once again, I would like to say thank you for this gift and I hope you are doing well and keeping safe.

P.S. I was lucky enough to get a Captain Marvel one which was perfect for me as I am a huge fan of Marvel!

Kind Regards

....

Good Evening,

Ladies, thank you for taking the time to design and create a personalised quilt, just for me. I am honoured and grateful for all you have done and continue to do for serving members. I love my quilt, it is better than I imagined, thank you!

It was also very nice of you to share some personal details.

Wendy, It's great to hear you have your family living back in the same state and that everyone is healthy and well. Enjoy the time and joy they bring you. I hope you remain safe with the latest COVID-19 outbreaks I hear being reported throughout Australia. Please give my thanks to anyone else who may have assisted, including your family for allowing them to share the time I took you away, to assemble my wonderful quilt.

Lynn, I am glad to hear your family is progressing well too. The ANZAC theme is my favourite too. I will never forget my first Dawn Service, at the Shrine of Remembrance in Victoria and how truly patriotic I felt from that day onwards and for the ultimate sacrifice for all those before me have made.

A little about myself; I am originally from Victoria, and now living in South Australia. I live near the beach which keeps me happy and healthy. My family only extends to mum and a younger sister (oh and cute little niece), so I imagine our family gatherings are a lot more timid than yours. I am an Office in the RAAF (which you are probably already aware of) and I have recently completed 15 years of service. This is my fourth overseas deployment, totalling almost two years. You might find it delighting to know that today marks the first time ever I have received a package from anyone. Two in fact, one from you and one from mum, which makes today so much more special.

They don't call it Christmas in July for nothing.

Thanks again and all the best.

P.S. I am excited to see what laundry bag design your team is assembling.

....

Good Afternoon,

I am writing in response to the quilt that was made for me whilst I was off work for 7 months due to a medical condition.

This quilt is something I am going to cherish forever. It was made for me during a time of struggle. I'd like to extend my gratitude to Denise and Alison for putting together such a wonderful piece of Art. It represents something I cherish dearly and hold close to my heart being the Australian followed by the Skippy badge.

With that said, I thank everyone over at Aussie Hero Quilts.

Kind Regards

....

Hi Ellen,

I have received the laundry bag, you made and absolutely love it, so thank you!

I am 21 years old, and am an LT in the Royal Australian Engineers and have been in the Army for 4 years. I have a long family history in the ADF, which is something that made me want to join.

I grew up by the beach, and love all things to do with the water (swimming and surfing etc). 

Thank you again. 

....

Thank you from CHAP who phone to say THANKS!!

For the 70 bags of laundry bags posted to him, arriving this morning and already distributed to the new recruits straight out of training and tasked today for their ADF role.

Cheers.

....

Hi Lisa,

I have been away, but when I got home it was there waiting for me, and I was truly in awe at how well designed it was... 

I am so happy and grateful to you all and the two sisters who put my special quilt together. 

You all do such an amazing job and all of my team and I can't stop talking about our quilts, so thank you all.

Kind Regards

....

How wonderful were they!?! I always have such a good time reading through, and being able to share with all of you.

Enough from me, hope you have a safe and happy week, and don't forget to like, comment or share the post so we can keep spreading the word.

Thanks!




1 comment: