Tuesday 30 July 2019

Just had to share this with you... never doubt our quilts continue serve back home......


I received this email last night just before I went to bed - I missed out on putting it on the blog for tonight so you get it as an extra.  
.....


Hi,

In 2016 my daughters were gifted a quilt from AHQ and every time I pull it out, I always think to the generosity of time, resource and spirit that went into creating it.

The quilt we were gifted is personalized and very creative and It’s so very much appreciated.  I believe my husband wrote a thank you at the time of receipt - I just thought I would reiterate it as it so very much loved.

Warm regards,


I wrote to the author to tell her that I would forward her email to Philomena who made the quilt ad then I asked her permission to share her message and the photo anonymously on the blog and Facebook page.... and this is her reply

.....


Many many thanks to the beautiful Philomena for putting it together for us.  It’s so unique and a much loved item for the girls and any visiting friends.  I am delighted for you to share the words - they are but a token in comparison to the hard work and generosity of spirit demonstrated by the quilting team, organisers and support staff.

With Frozen 2 coming out soon, I am sure that it will be draped around the house with pride as a backdrop whilst the girls sing the new songs from the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment