Thursday 20 June 2019

So how do you request a quilt or a laundry bag....

I guess it has been a while since I explained who can request a quilt and how to request a quilt.  I have had a few requests in recent weeks from people saying they are not sure how to put in a request. I guess I thought you all knew... so here goes. 

All you need to do to request a quilt is to 

a.  email me on friendsofAHQ@gmail.com 

OR

b.  send me a messages via the Aussie Hero Quilts facebook page.

Simples!

Now, what sort of information do I need?  Well here we go... this is my standard "blurb" so that everyone gets the same information. 




Each serving member, or someone on their behalf, may request a single quilt and laundry bag to be sent to them by sending me your full postal address with PM keys and first name.

Additionally, I need to know the last full month you are deployed for so that I can slot you in.  I allocate quilts to those who will come home first so that hopefully no one misses out. 



A quilt and laundry bag will be sent to you sometime in your deployment, but as early as we can manage.

A few extra things you should know

If you are part of a group and want to submit a request list for six or more people please ask me to send you a copy of the spreadsheet so that you can send all that info to me in a format that is easy for me to add to my huge spreadsheet. 

If you are a relative, friend or colleague of a deployed member, you may submit a request on behalf of someone deployed. 

What's that I hear you ask???  Who is eligible?  

Good question well asked and sometimes it is hard to think how to best answer this question.... 

So, the easiest way to quantify who is eligible is to say that if you can receive mail from an AFPO at no charge then you are eligible to receive a quilt.  SImple?   Well almost

That said.... if you think you or someone you know should be eligible to receive a quilt or a laundry bag please feel free to ask.   I will honestly try to accommodate your request within the limitations of our resources.   I am not afraid to say no but I really like to say yes so if I can find a way to make it happen within our means I will do so.  Hope that makes sense. 





Till next time.... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx



No comments:

Post a Comment