Monday 10 June 2019

Aussie Hero Quilts Request List 10 Jun 19


Hi all,

Please, please, please read this preamble each week as the info does change. I am receiving a lot of questions from people who have not read this info so you would make it easier for me too if you took a few minutes to read it.



We have one Priority Laundry bag this week. It is the first one on the list.

black, red, dark purple.  Barbells. Needs to be in the mail no later than 14 Jun please.  If you can help with this one please email.

We have two Priority Quilts. These need to be in the mail by 8 July.  These are for tow members in The Sinai in Egypt.  Postage there is horrendous.  If we can get these parcels to Dubai in time for the mail run in August the recipients will receive their mail whilst deployed. Otherwise they will have to wait til they pass through Dubai on their way home which means they wont have their quilt whilst on deployment. That would be a shame. The two requests are

PRIORITY REQUEST Soccer teams are Manchester United and Western Sydney Wanderers.( I checked on the colours with the recipient and he says red and black please. )  and Family Tree, with family's initals, 
M         Q         2

PRIORITY REQUEST Physical Training Instructor - PTI Logo - Sport and Fitness - I can send you a pic of the PTI crest it is easy to applique
M         Q         3

The PTI (Physical Training Instructor) badge is relatively easy to applique




The post by date for ALL other items on this list is 15 July please.  

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 
For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste, please copy the line out as follows…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicates the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do, I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. i.e. one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces, then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Afghanistan flag – I can send you one.

Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, RAEME and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique, I may be able to get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.  Just let me know what words you want, what colour fabric and what colour thread… keep it simple please.   Also include your address in the email to save me time please.

I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.

Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers
Jan-Maree

black, red, dark purple.  Barbells. Needs to be in the mail no later than 14 Jun please
M
LB
1
PENRITH PANTHERS, VB,
M
LB
1
Brisbane Lions Theme, (Maroon, Blue, Gold).  Thanks
M
LB
1
Australian theme, my 2 rescue dogs (Kelpie and Papillion x chihuahua), bright colours.
F
LB
1
Eric Bana in The castle, the kickboxing scene with "keep it still trace" at the bottom
M
Q
1
OPERATION NAME (OP ACCORDION), Australian Flag, my 2 children's names, Cars (the movie) Dinosaurs, Frozen, the movie Emma Wiggle and Emma's bows.
F
LB
1
PRIORITY REQUEST Soccer teams are Manchester United and Western Sydney Wanderers.( I checked on the colours with the recipient and he says red and black please. )  and Family Tree, with family's initals,
M
Q
2
PRIORITY REQUEST Physical Training Instructor - PTI Logo - Sport and Fitness - I can send you a pic of the PTI crest it is easy to applique
M
Q
3
Maroon/White, QLD State of Origin
M
Q
4
Brisbane Lions Theme, (Maroon, Blue, Gold).  Thanks
M
Q
6
Australian Flag, Rising Sun and RAAC Corps badge (I can send you the badges to include)
M
Q
7
avid boxer,
West Coast Eagles fan,
and favourite colour is maroon. 
Task Group Taji 8'
Royal Artillery Corps/1st Field Artillery Regiment badge ( I can send you an artillery badge to incorporate)
M
Q
8
Blue, red,  white. (Australian Theme). Specifics: for a baby girl to grow into
M
Q
9
RAEME flag and Australian flag, 'Army' theme. Poppies/Cam 'Rising sun'. Thank you very much
M
Q
10
I'd like to request a quilt related to one of my favourite book series "Delta Green". Could I request a plain black quilt, with a central large dark green equilateral triangle bordered in a silvery colour. Would love the following text in white under the triangle. "Scientifica Est Mors",
"OP ACCORDION",
"S & T Cell".
M
Q
11
Aussie/UN flag (I can send you a UN Flag to incorporate)
M
Q
12
Australia, Army (I can send you a Rising Sun), Strong females i.e GI Jane, Wonder Woman etc
F
Q
13
Australian theme, my 2 rescue dogs (Kelpie and Papillion x chihuahua), bright colours.
F
Q
14
Dragon Ball Z (there are some really easy applique for this)
M
Q
15
Blue, Motor-cross and Lego
M
Q
16
chihuahuas and tacos
M
Q
17
Surfing
M
Q
18
Melbourne Storm
M
Q
19
Emu Bitter (beer) and kangaroos
M
Q
20
Marvel Theme
M
Q
21
Australian Flag, EOD, Bombs
M
Q
22
Earthy Red/Yellow/Orange of the rising sun over the Deep Greens and Blues of (triangle shape) mountain ranges –  high alpine climbing.   “EAOU-5 Medical 2019” and possibly the Rod of Aesculapius (simple rod with one snake) a red cross and red crescent.Very much appreciated, thank you.
F
B
23
West Coast Eagles colours (AFL), with Eagle in Centre and FSE Logo (effectively a boxing kangaroo in a circle)   bottom Right corner. Laundry bag the same please.
M
Q
24
Sunset, pinks, purples, cocktails, cheese & wine, tropical flowers,  dancing, shopping, sweet treats.  St Christopher that would be amazing.
Op Highroad 2019
F
Q
25
QLD - State of Origin, FSE logo (effectively a boxing kangaroo in a circle)  in a corner.
F
Q
26
RAEME crest please (I can send you one to include) with red yellow blue stripes down the middle. Australian Flag and  JTF HQ patch please. (I can provide the JTF HQ Patch to innclude 
M
Q
27
Anything related to current Australian operations. Also if you could please put the RAAF Bomb Disposal( can provide the badge to piece in) or EOD emblems on I would much appreciate it.
M
Q
28
ANYTHING MARVEL OR AVENGERS RELATED WOULD BE GREAT, BEST COLOURS WOULD BE RED AND BLUE AROUND THE BORDER IF THAT’S POSSIBLE, WITH MASON WRITEN ALONG THE BOTTOM.
M
Q
29
I like dark colours, purple / green / blue and black. Air Force theme would be appreciated please.
M
Q
30
Any design that has SPARK embroidered into it.  SPARK stands for the members of my family.   Maybe a picture of a spark, a flame or a fire.   My favourite colour is orange.
grew up in  Kazakhstan (his wife is from there), was a gunny (ARMTECH) in the air force and is a very good handyman.
M
B
31
Sydney Roosters NRL theme team colours (red,white blue) and the Rooster mascot.
F
Q
32
I have two rescue dogs so anything dog themed (I can provide photos the dogs on fabric) - dual citizen (Wales) and my favourite colours are teal, aqua etc.
F
Q
33
I have served in both the Navy and now the Airforce. My favourite colours are pink & blue. I would love something with sass and spunk to snuggle up to.
F
Q
34
Road Bicycles, Brisbane Broncos (I have a signed Broncos badge to include), Beaches
M
Q
35
RAEME corp flag Colours. Royal blue on top third, yellow middle third and red bottom third. RAEME Corp badge in the middle with the Articifers bage underneath. (I can provide the RAEME and Artiificiers badge to piece in)
M
Q
36
Neutral colours, anything Australiana!
M
Q
37
Blue.  RAAF Roundel, hercules, C-17 aircraft and something to remind me of the desert such as camels.  "OP ACCORDION 2019" i
M
Q
38
blue. Middle East Region themed (includng camels), with bi-planes (A Vickers Vimy (EAOU), hercules and C-17 aircraft  "OP ACCORDION 2019"  Thank you for the work you do it does make a difference.
M
Q
40
Blue/Tan/ Green.  Would love the RAAF Roundel , C-130J Hercules,  C17 and   "Op Accordion  April- October 2019 Security Flight/ PHYSEC" (I can have this embroidered for you to be pieced in) Just want to say thank you for your fantastic work that you all do.
M
B
41
Los angeles lakers in purple and yellow - thank you very much great work, you are doing a top job.
M
B
42
Soccer.
German Shepherd and security force dogs.
Elks and stags.
F
B
43
Australia, the ocean, Sydney, Naval Ships, UAE, Afghanistan, Iraq, "Op Accordian 2019". Navy Blue
M
B
44
anything inspired by the colour of sunsets would be lovely. I'm also RAAF so would appreciate anything that included planes or a Raaf related....
F
B
45
Blue and green, golf
M
Q
46
Desert meets the Sea theme? Combination of Australian outback (desert) and ocean (deep blues and greens). A small '2019' and 'Hills' with a Task Group Afghanistan badge (with red kangaroo). A small picture of a Red Groodle (dog) on the reverse side would be great! Thank you!
M
B
47

No comments:

Post a Comment