Thursday 12 July 2018

Thanks on Thursday

Hey all, 
check out these thank you messages... 
Great job everyone.
.....

Thank you for my amazing quilt. I love it and appreciate all of the wonderful work you all do. The little post boxes of morale have been a deployment highlight for my team and I.

.....

G’day Beverley,

Cheers for the laundry bag, it looks awesome, they just arrived just in time for us to go away on Friday. My missus especially likes the sausage dog on it.
It sounds like you live a busy and fun life and I’d love to do as much of the things that you have.
.....


Hello Ruth,
My beautiful new laundry bag arrived a couple of days ago and I immediately emptied my dirty clothes into it and hung it on my door.
Thank you so much for the thoughts and effort you stitched into my one-of-a-kind bag. It’s wonderful that you used an RSPCA tea towel, so I will be paying it forward with a donation to the RSPCA on your behalf.
I also love the illustrations of the many “oodle” breeds, as my beautiful pup at home is a Spoodle. I can see Lenny’s expressions in those pictures, and I’ve been smiling every time I look at the bag.
I love that you were inspired by a family connection to contribute to Aussie Hero Quilts and Laundry bags. They really do brighten our days, and it even makes a talking point in the laundry when we compare our bags.
Thanks again for responding to my request and providing me with a momento of my deployment. I look forward to taking it home to show to my three boys. They have been looking after Lenny in my absence, and I think they are all now looking forward to my return in mid August.
Best wishes to you and your family,
.....

Hello Bridget,

Thank you so very much for the Wonder Woman Quilt.  It’s absolutely awesome, I love it, you’re very talented!
 once again thank you very much for the lovely quilt, it has brightened up my day and my room.

Take care,
.....


Good morning Georgina,


Thank you for the wonderful quilt - it is beautiful and captures so much of my life.
I had to pause before writing as I found it most moving to receive such a gift from a total stranger.
Your generosity of time and skill is overwhelming and you have made an old soldier very happy.

I am the second oldest Australian in the area of operations. I retired in 1997 as a senior instructor at the Army School of Health and was reactivated in 2012 due to a service need/skill gap. I never imagined being back in uniform north of 50. I dropped rank in returning however; will be promoted in a couple of months. 
I am married and have 2 daughters, the oldest a doctor and the second is an Army Officer.
The oldest announced her engagement two weeks before I departed so wedding plans are well underway. An exciting time although I do feel somewhat out of the loop being so far away.

The tempo here is constant with little time for respite.
I have a good team working with me -US and UK which greatly helps.
The heat is oppressive and I miss Australian bush, fresh water and fresh food that is not deep fried.

I trust you are enjoying everything that winter has to offer - I will miss winter this year having departed in summer and returning in summer.
Continue to encourage you sons, our children are  our legacy.

Thank you again for your care and generousity.

King regards,
....

Dear Debbie N

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
My quilt is awesome!!
I love what you did.  The colours and pictures are all amazing.  I especially like that you put OP Accordion and the date.

This is my first deployment.  It is both fun and hard work, especially being so far from home for so long.
It’s the little things like your quilt that make my day happy and fun.

My job here is to load all cargo and passengers onto the planes.
I love my job and feel so lucky to get to travel and meet new people.
I travelled a lot as a child like you, my dad was also in the Air Force.
It’s so nice that your kids live close to you.

Thanks again for your amazing work.  It really does bring a smile to people’s faces.

Kindest regards,
 .....

Dear Bridget,

I recently received a quilt and pack of snakes (my favourite) that was sent by you, and I wish to thank you for the very kind gesture that you have made.  I am currently serving with the Royal Australian Air Force in the Middle East Region and am deployed as part of the Expeditionary Airbase Operations Unit on Operation ACCORDION.  To receive packages from Australia is very comforting; knowing that you are being thought of and supported. 

I thought I would tell you a little bit about what we are doing.  Operation ACCORDION is the Australian Defence Force’s contribution to helping the Iraqi people defend themselves from terrorists operating in Iraq and Syria.  

Whilst it is hard being away from family and friends in Brisbane, especially over holidays and family occasions such as birthdays, we have very good support and activities planned that allow us to look after each other and keep morale high.

On behalf of the Airmen and Women deployed with the Expeditionary Airbase Operations Unit, thank you for your continued support.
.....


Hello Melissa,

Thank you so much for the quilt. Its amazing, I'm so happy with it. My team and I agree that its the best quilt here.  You say you're no expert, but the results beg to differ. I learned about Aussie Hero Quilts soon after my arrival here in the Middle East. Its a really good cause and I respect and appreciate your contributions. It sounds like you have the quite the active family, I'm amazed with all the juggling you do as a parent that you found the time to be able to be a part of Aussie Hero Quilts. 

I've been out in the middle east for 4 and 1/2 months. My time here has been going by real quick even though we work eleven hour days. I work in communications administering the defence network it keeps my team and I really busy which helps time go by quick. Deployed life life consists of working some long days, doing PT most days and trying to relax in our down time. rinse, lather and repeat haha.

My team all received their quilts pretty early into our tour and started telling me that I wasn't going to receive one haha just the boys being boys. So when it arrived I was super excited, I plan to hang it up when I get home just because its too good to be used. 

Once again thank you so much for the time and effort you clearly put into the production of my newly acquired and highly loved Quilt and Laundry bag. 

Kind Regards,
.....

Hi Ruth,

Thank you so much for the Adelaide United laundry bag that you made for me. It is amazing! So very generous of you. And thank you also for the Adelaide United clothing. The shorts fit me well and whilst the shirt is a little tight, it'll fit my wife who is doing the hard yards back at home. I've just renewed our Adelaide United memberships too  :)

Thanks also for your letter. Your thoughts and kindness are very much appreciated. Its good to hear about yourself and your connections to the military. My wife is in the Air Force (about to hit 20 years!) and both of my grandfathers were in the RNZAF.

The weather here is unbelievable: it hasn't rained since April 16, last month almost every day was above 40 degrees, and today the gauge hit 53! Quite a contrast to the weather you're currently experiencing back home. What I do find amazing is that they manage to keep the limited amount of grass around the base green. There's a patch in the shape of a kangaroo which is pretty neat. We also have a memorial on base which is where we hold our ANZAC dawn service and sunset services in remembrance of each of our fallen soldiers.

I will cherish your laundry bag along with the quilt that I received as the best mementos of my tour. Your great work is much appreciated. Thanks once again,

Best regards,
 


.....

Hi Joanne,

Sorry I would have written back sooner, but I have been a bit busy over the last couple of weeks. I would just like to say thank you for my blanket, it is amazing! It is exactly want I wanted. The reason behind the unusual request is that I love Mack trucks, I grew up around them as a kid and for the dogs I have two crazy dogs, Sasha is the border collie and Pepper is the wolfhound and I just love colour, it brightens up my day! I have not used my blanket yet as it is rather hot over here at the moment, however when I get back to Australia I plan to frame it and hang it up on the wall, so everyone can admire it! You are so talented.

I am the youngest on this trip as I have just turned 21. It has been a rewarding trip, it has really opened my eyes to the real world. No day is the same here, as my mum says “look for the blessings each day”, and that’s what I do. There are all different nations over here that we work closely with; New Zealand, Americans and the British just to name a few. The weather has been getting hotter, the locals say that July is the hottest month and sand storms are becoming more frequent. We are just past half way in the trip which is exciting, it has gone so fast! The days go quick here as I go to gym twice daily, work during the day and sometimes at night depending on flights and in between all that I eat and sleep. You get into a routine after a while..

Anyway, I would just like to thankyou for making my quilt and all the hard work you do for making these quilts for people like me. It is a lovely gift, I appreciate it!


Thank you 
.....


Hi Debra,

I received the quilt you made for me today, thankyou very much. It adds a nice homey touch to my rather bland living spare. Firstly I'd like to thank your father for his service. 

Thankyou so much for your time and efforts to support our troops, I'm sure that they are greatly appreciated and it's always nice to have a bit of home with us, especially at the end of a long hard day.


Many thanks
....


Dear Robyn,

Thank you so so much for my beautiful quilt!  it is just gorgeous!  The cheery colours and messages are exactly what I need at the moment to put a smile on my face.  It was clearly made with skill and care.  Words can’t describe how grateful I am to receive such a beautiful gift.  You did a great job of bringing together all the things I love!  The surfing girl in the middle was very cleverly done!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  I do miss my family, especially on days like mother’s day as you mentioned.  I was lucky though, I was able to talk on the phone to my mum that day, and my mother’s day card I posted to her got to her in time.  We have quite good facilities where we are so we get to use Skype and make phone calls when we get time.  This makes it so much easier to stay in touch with my husband and family.  Even with today’s technology, the post still takes a long time.

I hope you are well and that the weather isn’t too chilly!  We’re just going into summer over here so I’ll probably be wishing for a cold NSW morning in the coming months.


Thank you again and best wishes,
.....


Hello Helen and Pat,

I can’t thank you enough for my beautiful quilt.  I absolutely adore it.  It is just what I was hoping for, thank you both so much.  I love the colours and think the painted material is stunning.

I was into textiles when I was at school and quilts were my favourite thing to make as there is so much room to be creative.  Unfortunately since leaving home and joining the Army I haven’t done any sewing, I’m hoping to get back into it and maybe one day my mum and I could make a beautiful quilt together.  When I received the quilt, I rang mum and told her while she was at her weekly sewing class.  Mum was telling her teacher, who said she knows you and how special it is to have a quilt made by you. 

The quilt makes my room feel much homier and it will make my time here easier having something so beautiful in my room.

Thank you both so much,

 .....

Good Afternoon Pennie,

I am e-mailing you to convey my deepest appreciation for the time you have taken in making this laundry bag. Dealing with my laundry is enjoyable and the colour your bag has added to not only my day but the other guys and girls while at sea has been noticeable.

I am a Maritime Warfare Officer onboard one of our submarines, but when not in uniform I spend most of my time in the surf and on the water, so your laundry bag could not have been more accurate.

I would also like to thank you for your service as an Emergency Nurse. As the son of a Nurse I have an appreciation for the sacrifice and hard hours you work so in kind, thank you.

I do hope that your work and sewing habit continue to coexist because both make such a difference.

Kindest Regards from Hawaii,
......

Hi Christine
I would like to inform you I have recently received your quilt and would like to extend my gratitude.
I am very appreciative of your time and efforts.
No need to apologise about the Hornet silhouettes I completely understand - I love the 3 Dimensional Labyrinth effect and am curious as to how it is done so well!
The colours also perfectly  match my Son's Batman pillow case which I have brought over with me!
I hope you are enjoying some nice weather over in the west coast, as it is extremely hot over here at the moment.
I am working over here as a diesel mechanic and very proud to be here.

Once again thank you very much and take care

.....

Good afternoon Cathie,

I would like to extend my appreciation for the hard work you have put into my quilt, I love it thank you so very much.
I have been away from home now for 3 month's and it's harder than I thought to be away from loved ones.
Once again I thank you for my quilt.

Kind Regards.

....

Good Morning Jan-Maree,

I would like you know that I have received my laundry bag from Ruth and I would like her to know that I appreciate it very much. The addition of a bit of colour to an otherwise dreary and bland environment is greatly appreciated and I would like to thank you for the gift, I believe the work you do is important and I can tell you it is appreciated by all members that are deployed.

Thanks again,

Kind Regards,

.....


Till next time.... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment