Happy Wednesday Friends!
Presentation by Hilary PDear Heather B,
Thank you for the most amazing quilt and for your very kind letter. The quilt was presented to me last night at the Parramatta RSL Sub-Branch Spring Dinner.
I was really humbled to receive the quilt and to think that you must have spent many, many hours doing the design and sewing. The time and commitment that you and the other quilters give is sincerely appreciated. The quilt really captures my experiences in such a personal, touching way.
I have attached a photograph of me holding the quilt with Hilary P (who sews quilts for Aussie Hero Quilts, and has a connection to several of the members the RSL Sub-Branch) and in the centre our friend. In fact, Hilary and my friend are part of a cycling group I occasionally join.
When I read your letter, I thought I could identify with you in many ways. I had two great uncles who were prisoners of war of the Japanese. Both survived and returned to Australia but at least one, a survivor of the Sandakan death march, was profoundly affected.
I enjoy running but have suffered a few injuries. To take some pressure off running (and sore knees, achilles etc), I also swim 1 km twice per week. I really enjoy my time in the pool but am very slow.
I am yet to retire but, when I do, I look forward to enjoying some train journeys in Australia (including the Ghan). In many ways, I am more interested in seeing more of Australia than other countries.
With best wishes
Good evening Ruth S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to make me a personalised laundry bag.
I cannot thank you enough for the time and effort you have put into making it, the bag is amazing!
A little about myself, I’m currently posted to HMAS Arunta (an Anzac frigate based in Sydney). I have a wife and 2 year old son who live just south of Nowra NSW, I try to get home as often as possible dependent on work schedule.
I joined the Navy in 2012 fresh out of high school. There have been plenty of amazing experiences throughout my career so far and I look forward to hopefully many more.
Fishing is an absolute passion of mine! Every trip/deployment I always bring a couple of fishing rods just in case haha
Once again thank you so much for the laundry bag
Kind Regards,
Dear Gayle W,
I just wanted to say a huge thank you for the hand written letter and have indeed enjoyed using my new laundry bag.
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your retirement and leading a full life.
Your hobby (sewing) is indeed useful and I can’t express how appreciative I am of your hard work.
I too love gardening however only have the space for a few indoor houseplants at the moment.
Unfortunately I had to give most of them away recently because of work needing to send me away for such extended periods of time.
The only one I have kept is a fiddle leaf fig my mum bought for me not long after enlisting.
She too has a bit of a green thumb and often takes in and fosters cats and dogs from the RSCPA back home in Perth.
I would just like to say how much it means to me there are still good people out there that appreciate what we do.
Wishing you and your loved ones all the best.
Kindest of Regards,
Hi Rachel B,
I just wanted to reach out and say a huge thank you to you for the laundry bag that I received!
The bag I chose was an Arnott's Biscuits bag and I absolutely love it.
Just a little about me - I first joined the Army in 1996 and served for 10 years at 3RAR, completing three tours of duty prior to discharging in 2006.
When I left the Army, I became a detective in the WA Police Force and resigned in 2023 to pursue a simpler life.
I rejoined the Army reserve in 2019 (whilst still serving as a police officer) at the ripe old age of 40.
Since joining the Army reserve, I have done several disaster relief operations as four border protection rotations across the north of Australia.
I love to serve my nation and I will continue to do so as long as my body can endure.
Again, thank you so much for the laundry bag. I was so pleased to receive one. Its an absolute work of art which I will use at every opportunity.
Regards,
Dear Ruth S,Thank you so much for your lovely letter and for the laundry bag you made for me. It arrived safely, and I wanted to let you know that it was exactly what I was after. The care and thought that went into making it are greatly appreciated.It was wonderful to read a little about yourself and how you became involved with Aussie Hero Quilts and Laundry Bags. Knowing that volunteers like you give their time and skills to support serving members makes receiving these gifts even more special.Thank you again for your kindness and generosity. Your laundry bag will be put to good use, and it certainly brightened my day. Please know that your support and encouragement mean a great deal.With sincere thanks and best wishes,Regards,
Dear team,
Today I presented a very special quilt for Vietnam veteran. It was a well kept surprise and he was very chuffed.
The quilt was made by Bobbie S and the Mystery BOMers. Quilted by Philomena.
A very happy recipient and a beautiful quilt for him....
Presented by Gayle W
Cheers Catherine D
Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in. Wednesdays would be so totally boring without them!
🌼🌷🌹🌻🌼🌷🌹🌻


These are beautiful letters. So lovely that they took time to reply and thank you for the many hours you put into their creations and that they appreciated your efforts. Well done
ReplyDelete