Tuesday 9 January 2024

Grati-Tuesday - 9th Jan 2024

Happy Tuesday Friends!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful start to the year!!

Grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy some well deserved gratitude!

...

Greetings Toni F,

 

I am writing to you to express my appreciation and gratitude for the laundry bag you crafted for me which arrived yesterday. It truly is magnificent and raised my spirits. The work that you and Aussie Hero quilts do for serving ADF members is inspiring and something members will cherish and reflect for many years to come.

 

Thankyou and happy new year.

...

To Jan-Maree B,
I am completely overwhelmed with this wonderful Fallen Warrior Quilt in memory of my son.
I would like to sincerely thank especially the following ladies for creating such a beautiful piece of work with such loving care Dorothy C, Lynn F, Keryn M, Philomena H.  

This special quilt will treasured 

Kindest of regards 


...

Good Afternoon Toni F,

 

Thank you so much for your beautifully designed laundry bag I absolutely love it!! Has made me smile and the colours and design is just perfect!


I have been deployed in Butterworth, Malaysia for 3 months. It was an incredible experience and I really loved being away and immersing myself into a different lifestyle. While away, I was lucky enough to explore different parts of Malaysia and unwinding with a cocktail was one of my favourite parts. I love the beach and warm weather so was in my element over there!

 

In my role here in Australia, we get the opportunity to travel around Australia and the world and am away more than I am home most of the time so this upcoming Christmas break is well needed.  I plan to go spend time with my family in Melbourne and up in South east Queensland. My parents live in Brisbane/ Gold Coast area so I’m very excited to go for a swim at the beach and be able to relax. My younger sister moved overseas at the start of the year so it’ll be our first Christmas apart. We have a very close relationship and talk almost daily, so my plan is to go and visit her next year sometime!

 

Thank you again for your time in making the laundry bag I really love and appreciate it.

 

Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

 

Kindest regards,

...

Good Morning Wendy V,

About halfway through our 3 month deployment I received a Laundry bag you made.   
Thank you very much for your work, it is so beautiful! I am also a bit crafty myself, I crochet in my free time, so I understand the effort that goes into our crafts.

Life in the Defence is rewarding, but is very difficult at times. My partner does the same job as me in the Navy, so we don't get to see each other very often, I miss him every day, as well as all my family that live elsewhere in Australia. I enjoy learning new things weekly, and having a few good people to keep each other strong on these long trips away. 

We are in our final week countdown now, returning home in just 6 days, we all can't wait. 

Thank you, 

...

Dear Bennie C,

I wanted to write to say a huge thank you for the incredibly creative and beautifully crafted laundry bag you have made for me. 

I arrived back from a four month deployment and received your package on my first day back at work today. It has honestly warmed my heart to see how artfully you worked my prompts into the laundry bag and I am so impressed by the way you created the Where’s Wally embroidery from scratch! I think my favourite part has to be the book Wally is reading. You are so inventive and creative to have crafted this and I definitely think it is one of a kind! I love everything about it from the main blue/purple butterfly fabric to the hungry caterpillars down below Wally. 

Thank you so much for your time and energy, I feel humbled to have received this and incredibly grateful. 

I grew up in in Far North Queensland before moving overseas for my father’s work when I was 10, I lived there until I finished high school at 18, before moving back to Australia (and Cairns!). I joined the RAN in 2018 when I was still in university but have been in full time since 2021. I’m the first member of my family to join the military so it’s been a very interesting adjustment for everyone with me being away on deployments. I have a reputation onboard as Where’s Wally as I have Where’s Wally posters in the waiting area, and above the chair for my patients. It always makes me laugh as I see passers by stopped and looking for Wally every time I leave work. I even dressed up as Where’s Wally during my first Crossing the Line/Equator ceremony. I can’t wait to easily be able to find my laundry bag in the ship’s laundry- I don’t think there is another bag out there like it! 

Thank you again for my beautiful laundry bag. I wish you every success and happiness in your future endeavours. Thank you for the love and care you put into your work. 

Kind regards,

...

Hi Amy K,

I recently had the privilege of getting a laundry bag that you made. I love all the colours in it with the scale/mermaid pattern! And it has been thoroughly put to use already.

Thank you so much for making these for myself and others. It makes our messes that bit brighter and more colourful.

Please thank Miss12, the Witchettie grub lollies will be coming on holidays with my partner and I. I would have eaten them already but he wants to reminisce on his childhood haha

Thank you

...

Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
💟💟💟💟💟💟💟

No comments:

Post a Comment