Tuesday 30 January 2024

Grati-Tuesday - 30th Jan 2024

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

Hope you are having a great week so far, it is about to get a bit better!!!

Grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy some well deserved gratitude!

...

Good morning Ruth S,

 

I hope this email find you well and that you have had a great Christmas and New Year.

 

Thank you so much for the effort that you put into the items you make. This is the 2nd time over the years I have received something and I can tell you that we all love and appreciated them. The laundry bag that you made was for my wife she is a passionate bird breeder and we have over 100 of our own birds. Last year was a very trying year for my wife and when I gave her the bag and your note she teared up, so for that alone I would like you thank you. My wife has not had a lot to smile about last year but that defiantly was one of the highlights.

 

So thank you again and know that your handmade gifts are not just appreciated by the sailors but also our families.

 

Cheers, 

 Regards,

...

Dear Lynn K, 

 

I received your laundry bag this week and I must say I was absolutely blown away! The attention to detail and fulfilment of the brief was truly second to none. By nailing the Hydrographic theme this bag will now be a constant reminder of my time in that space and the wonderful individuals that contribute to it. So I sincerely thank you for your work and the effort you put into my laundry bag, and you can rest assured it will be treasured for years to come.

 

Kind regards,

...

Afternoon Belinda P,

I have just got your amazing quilt that you sent over for me. It so beautiful and I loved learning a little bit about you as well! Thank you for everything you do for us and thank you so much for the quilt. Sunflowers are my favourite flower, I currently have a couple planted out the front of my house and they’ve just started to open up. Aqua blue has always been my favourite colour for as long as I can remember. It reminds me a lot of the ocean which is one of the reason I joined the Navy. I currently live in WA with my partner and our beautiful dog.

Thank you again, I appreciate it heaps!!!

...

Hello Gayle W,

 

Firstly, thank you so much for your beautiful quilt, I love it. Mum kindly posted the quilt to me and I will be able to place it in my home where I am sure it will be a talking piece when I host visitors and guests.

 

I was posted to Amberley before travelling in November last year. I am a Brisbane girl although I have spent a lot of time in Canberra. 


The culture and living where I am at the moment is very different to Australia and I am getting used to the differences quickly. A lot of dogs over here of various sizes and definitely a lot of stray cats who seem pretty healthy.

 

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. 

 

I am so pleased and proud to be a Senior Officer in the Air Force and have done a few deployments. The Aussie Hero quilts are certainly something we all very much appreciate. We know that it is your time and effort and being hand-made, it is something we all treasure. Glad you have a lovely group of ladies as we all need our friends to have a chat and a laugh with. I am certainly missing my family and friends but I have made new friends who will be life long friends. Email and phones makes it easier to stay connected. 

Thank you so much once again, I love the quilt.

...

Morning Deirdre BL, 

I just wanted to pass on my appreciation and thanks for the quilt you made for me. I’m back in Oz now and only just opened it today.

I am in awe of the craftsmanship and work that went into it. The quilt will for always be a memory of the 3 months I spent in Germany.

Thank you for the support you provide to ADF members.

Regards,

...

Good afternoon Ruth S,

 

Firstly, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the Melbourne Demons inspired Laundry Bag I received from you today via HMAS Choules. I an extremely grateful and love it so much, it made my day and start to the working year a lot easier.

 

A little bit about me, I enlisted in the RAN in 2022. I was inspired to join by my father who has served for over 30 years. Since then I have spent 6 months over 2022-23 posted in NSW and currently I am serving on board Choules. 2023 was challenging and exciting for me. Participating in Exercise Talisman Sabre and also spending time in the Solomon Islands on an operational deployment for 2 months at the end of last year.

 

Outside of work I like to exercise, play a bit of PlayStation, have a few beers with my mates and of course, madly support the Melbourne Football Club! I am originally from VIC and travel home from Sydney frequently to spend time with my family and girlfriend of 4 years.

 

Once again, I cannot thank you enough for my amazing “Dhoby Bag” (Naval Slang for Laundry Bag) and I will use it all the time on board Choules this year!

 

Thanks again and best wishes J

...

Morning Wendy B,

I just received the laundry bag you made for me, my mums name is also Wendy.

I’m from country QLD but moved to Syd when I joined the Navy 4 years ago. I’ve always seen these quilts and bags on other ships but this is the first time I’ve been able to get one for myself.

I appreciate all the time and thought you put into making this for me and I will take special care of it. 

Thanks again. :)

...

G’day Beverley F,

I have just arrived home after being away with work for the past week to an amazing surprise, I am lost for words. The quilt that you have made for me is simply amazing and I can’t thank you enough. It is really a privilege to be able to receive one of these quilts.
My family and I are extremely appreciative of the effort that goes into these projects and know that this quilt will now become one of our family treasures as it does represent all of the things we do together.
We are all mad Collingwood/Pies supporters, as I have been since I was very young. We enjoy traveling together for our holidays and hopefully in the next couple of years will be able travel the country a bit more.
I have just ticked over 26 years in the Airforce and as we know it is not just an individual but a family commitment when a member is part of Defence. We have 4 kids still at home who keep us extremely busy but they are all good kids.
Thank you again for your volunteer time and effort that you put in to making these quilts. I know everyone that has received one is extremely grateful.
I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect quilt.

Kind regards,

...

Dear Bridget R, 

I am just emailing you as I was lucky enough to receive a quilt that you made me and I wanted to say a big thank you for the time and effort that you put into making the quilt along with Inge, Su J, Penny B, and Kerryn M who did the embroidery. I love the design, especially as most of my favourite things on there 🙂

It was also lovely to receive a letter about you and your family and I thank them for their warm wishes! So, I thought I would share a little about myself with you...

I grew up in QLD and enlisted in the Navy after graduating from grade 12. I was lucky enough to have been posted to all major cities in Australia except for South Australia and Tasmania. I mostly deployed on patrol boats doing lots of work with Asylum seeker boats etc until later in my career when I moved to Sydney. I planned to remain in the Navy and eventually pursue medicine. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, discharged in 2014. I will be forever grateful for my time in the Defence Force and all the amazing people I got to work alongside and am lucky enough to still be in contact with some great friends. 

All of my family live back home in QLD but I try to visit them in the semester breaks. I am grateful to have my incredibly patient partner who currently works but is thinking of doing some more study when I graduate and we have a great bunch of friends who have all been very supportive of me. Lastly, when I have spare time I love to go snorkelling, mountain biking, swimming, play soccer, hang out with my friends, and do some weekend trips exploring WA. 

I would like to thank you again for making my quilt, it is something I will cherish for a long time. You should be very proud of all the work that you and others at Aussie Hero Quilts do. I hope you and your family have a wonderful year and that your mini black poodle isn't too naughty.

Kind regards, 

...

Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
💟💟💟💟💟💟💟

No comments:

Post a Comment