Wednesday 4 May 2022

Invictus Laundry Bags...

 Hey all, 

A few months ago now, I received a phone call from one of the Aussie Invictus Games organisers to find out if Aussie Heroes would be able to make laundry bags for the team that was about to head off to the games in The Hague.  I had actually offered our services in time to make the quilts and bags for the team when they were due to head off in 2020 but a different management team had advised that another organisation would be doing so.  I was therefore a little surprised but still pleased that we were approached in time to make laundry bags for the team before they departed.  You should have all seen the lovely group photo of the team proudly displaying their bags and now I thought you would like to see the laundry bags up close and personal :-) 

Wendy B 

Toni

Toni

Toni

Susan P

Sue-Ellen

Sue O'D

Sue N 

Sally C

Sally C 

Raeleen and Liz

Raeleen and Liz

Rachel

Pennie

Melissa L 

Marilyn S

Marilyn S 

Marianne 

Marg B 

Lynn F 

Karen C 

Jenny N 

Jenny N 

Jenny N 

Jenny D

Jacqui D 

Heather

Heather

Fran T 

Fran T

Cathie J 

Cath Hpr

Cath Hvy

Bridget

Bev F 

Bev F 

Anne Hnr

Ann S 


And lastly ending off with a very happy fellow modelling his LB by Raeleen and Liz.

We also managed to make Quilts for the team but we did not have enough time to get them done before the team went away.  For that reason all the quilts were scheduled to go into the mail after the team returned home.  That happened last week but unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances (COVID) I am yet to receive the postal addresses.  I am sure I will have them soon though, so if you are patiently waiting with your completed quilt, ready to get it in the mail, as am I, please continue to be patient. I will get the addresses to you as soon as I get them. 

Till next time.... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx


No comments:

Post a Comment