Thursday 23 April 2020

Another lovely message....

Here is another lovely thank you message from an Aussie at the Embassy in Kabul.  What I love about this is that it speaks to fact that we are all in this together and that if we stay connected we can make this whole experience a lot more bearable. 


Dear Hilary,

I want to thank you very much for my gorgeous laundry bag – designed just the way I wanted!  I am very grateful and it certainly brightened my day and my room when I opened the parcel.

It was nice to read about your family’s history with the military.  I was particularly interested in the fact that your husband commenced his career in the Canadian Armed Forces.  I am close with the Canadian, American and British Defence Attaches here.  We are doing our best to keep in touch, keep each other informed and laughing while isolated from one another.  We are still very busy at the Australian Embassy in Kabul even with COVID19 restrictions in place.  Sadly, COVID19 adds another threat to the population in this very fragile country.

Thank you again for your kindness. 

I wish you and your family all the best during this extraordinary time.


Kind regards

Maybe there is someone who would love to hear from you today, a kind word, a helping hand or a just a laugh.

Stay safe everyone, but stay connected.

Cheers

Jan-Maree xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment