Tuesday 12 November 2019

Grati-Tuesday 12 November 19

G'day all.

I hope you are all ok. For some of you I know it has been a long day and perhaps still going to be a long night. I hope you are all okay. 

If you have time here are the latest gratitude messages. As always some really lovely ones. 
.....

How gorgeous is this quilt made by Alethea... one very happy recipient too.


......

Greetings Jan-Maree,

I am in the Royal Australian Navy, currently serving at a US base in the Middle East area until mid-January. My last deployment to this part of the world wrapped up in November 2010, so it pre-dated AHQ.

Yesterday I received both a quilt and laundry bag in the mail, and I have to say it felt a lot like Christmas. I also received some packages from home with plenty of Tim Tams - the Americans love them - and other items. The highlight for me were the two items from AHQ. I was so impressed with the quilt and bag, and so thankful to the people who invested their time and talent to make such personalised gifts.

Thank you also for the letter, and for the support you have been providing for so many years now to deployed ADF personnel.

All the best for your efforts in the future, Jan-Maree.

Kindest Regards,

.....



Dear Sandy,

Thank you for the very generous and expertly made Aussie Hero Quilt and Laundry Bag. The quality of work done by both the Coffs Harbour and Woolgoolga Teams is amazing and is exactly what I had dreamed of receiving. The anticipation and excitement waiting for the package to arrive was like Christmas morning and the wait was worth it, the quilt and laundry bag are wonderful. I immediately took photos and sent them to my family and shared them with our Coalition partners who are all envious.

I am working with a team of Australian Mentors from all three Services, as well as Coalition partners helping the Afghan Air Force through a Train, Advise and Assist mission, known as TAAC-AIR. The mission is professionally rewarding and something every ADF member cherishes throughout their career.

The more difficult part of the deployment is the time away from family and friends. As you can imagine it is the dedication of families at home that are the true heroes in our hearts. The quilts and laundry bags are greatly appreciated and bring a bit of home and comfort to our rooms.

 Stay safe and thank you for your caring thoughts for deployed members at this time.
......

Dear Ruth 
I just want to say thank you so much for my amazing laundry bag! I absolutely love, love, love it! It made my week. I only have one issue… its simple just too beautiful to be used as a laundry bag. Thank you so much for the time and love you put into it for me I truly appreciate.
Sincerely,


.....
Dear Kathy
Just a quick thank you for the throw and laundry bag which greeted me on return from leave yesterday.  Both are amazing and brought a smile to my face!  The throws and bags are in high demand and very popular over here (while deployed). My brief background, I am a father of twins (ages 4.5 years) and great up on a farm in Northern NSW. I've served in various roles since leaving school in 1997.
.....
Hi Pennie,

I hope this email finds you in good health. I wanted to express my appreciation for your amazing quilt and laundry bag. It is rather difficult to find adequate writing materials here and as such I find myself having to send what could be deemed comparatively less than sentimental email. This is my first time receiving such treasures on a deployment, this being my fourth. I can honestly say that they have brightened up an otherwise dreary room. Very nice call on House Stark for the laundry bag, my wife has gotten me a few shirts with the dire wolf on them so now a solid trend is starting to emerge. I was blown away by the quilt and all of the different houses. I have to admit that it has been rather educational as I was not aware of all the house words/mottos even though I’m a fan of the series.

I know that both my family and I appreciate, and are humbled by, your thanks and appreciation. It is all to easy too forget that kind hearted people such as yourself are still able to be found in Australia when locals (especially in garrison towns such as Darwin and Townsville, of which I was posted to the latter for eight years) often badmouth Defence and Army in particular. I have served for a bit over 11 years now and can say that it is rare to receive such kind words.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, as an Emergency Nurse, for your efforts, contributions and sacrifices. To care for others takes a very special kind of person and can have, especially in this particular case, life changing effects on those you support. Yourself and the other Emergency Services are the true heroes of this nation, and ones that really don’t get enough credit or appreciation for what you do, achieve and what you and your families have to/choose to go through.

Once again, thank you very much for the quilt and laundry bag. From myself and my family, thank you for all you do, helping people in need and spreading that bit of cheer to those away from home and loved ones.


Sincerely,
....
Hi Anna I am the owner of the amazing Union Jack corgi quilt you have made ! I would just like to say how happy I am with the end result and how appreciative I am for all you do. The thought behind the quilt is that I have a corgi named Dash and I love him and every corgi on the planet. The Union Jack comes from a British family background and that my parter being the queen with her corgi ha ha.
Thanks again 🙏

.....


G’Day Sheena

I was very excited to see that I have received my quilt and laundry bag.  It looks absolutely amazing and I’m very grateful for your wonderful gift.  You have certainly done my brief/request justice. 😊. Please pass on my thanks to Kerry B (she made the basic quilt top) and Bev U (she quilted it).

This deployment has been such a journey for my family and I, leaving my pregnant wife and young daughter at home, but your wonderful quilt and bag has brought home just a little closer to make it worth while.
Thank you again!

Regards
.....

Dear Jenny,
Thank you so much for the beautiful laundry bag you have made me, along with the little package. It was so thoughtful of you and really brightened up my day.  I really do appreciate the lengths you all go to, to make us all feel so special whilst being away from home. All of the creations and time spent on them is truly amazing and thoughtful, so thank you so much.
A little about myself. I am 24 years old and a Maritime Logistics Personnel Operator in the Navy, currently serving over in the Middle East. Before coming over here I spent the last two years as part of ship’s company on HMAS Newcastle, recently decommissioned. I am now supporting the operations in the Middle East Region, working alongside with Army and Air Force, it has been a very different experience for me not being away at sea, but good so far.

Once again, thank you so much for the laundry bag and for how much thought has gone into it. I really do appreciate it, it is absolutely lovely. Thank you for brightening all of our days no matter where we are in the world, with your amazing talent and wonderful creations. It truly means a lot to us all.

I wish you all the best and a very very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Best wishes,
......

Dear Jenny,
Just a note to say “thank you so much” for the care package you sent to me. I was blown away when I opened it and was taken aback by your generosity. You have done an amazing job and this quilt will be something that I will treasure for the rest of my days. So for that – I thank you.

I have 3 year old twin boys. It is very difficult being away from them and I long for the day when I am reunited with my family again. They are doing a great job in my absence and I am truly appreciative of my loving and supportive family network – and also appreciative of people such as yourself who think of others.

I work as a staff officer. It is a busy job, but proud to support our mission here.
Thank you again for your thoughts and quilt.
.....

Hi Bridget,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to help to craft the quilt. I appreciate all of the work and effort that goes into the creation of these items, and the sentiment behind them.

Also thank you for sharing a bit of history about the creation of the group and also that of your family.

Time away from family is difficult but it is made all the more easier when you receive items that show the people back home support you. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to help to let a group of Aussie soldiers feel a little bit closer to home.

Thanks once again.
.....

Dear Jan-Maree Ball,

I’d just like to take this opportunity to pass on a massive thank you and tell you that you and your team at Aussie Hero Quilts are absolutely amazing. I recently returned from deployment and was pleasantly surprised to find an awesome quilt and washing bag waiting for me.

They have everything I love and will definately be put to good use. I recently watched a news story on you and your team and they are 100% correct, you all rock. Thankyou so very much, keep doing what you are doing because it makes serving members like myself so happy to receive these beautiful items.

Kind regards
.....

 Hi Shirley,

I'm just writing to express my appreciation for for the box and laundry bag you sent me all the way back in August! 

Apologies for the delay, I have only just returned after a brief stint at another base. I'm back now and have less than a month to go before I will be back at home in Sydney. 

Thank you for the lobsters on my bag, they're my favourite animal! In saying that, I will still eat them as they are also delicious haha

This is my 3rd 6 month deployment so I'm really looking forward to getting back into normal life again. Not sure how many more  of these I can do but it's with generous people like yourself and Aussie Quilts that make it that little bit easier. It's really nice knowing that there are so many thoughtful people in Australia that are willing to give up their own time to support what we  do over here. Every one of us really appreciates it.

Thank you for your support Shirley
......

Hey Jenny,

My gosh I’ve been busy! Sounds like you have been too!

Thanks so much for taking the time and making the effort to make my fabulous new laundry bag!

I’m on my second last day and still racing. But wanted to pause and show how I deeply appreciate your thought and effort that has been invested toward my benefit.

Well, I’m all but out of here and back to the family and our great country.

Praying for the weather, the fires and all those who are and might well be yet affected by the fires!

Warmly,
.....

Dear Lynn,

I would just like to take the time to write to you and pass on my huge
thanks. I recently received a magnificent quilt and laundry bag and I
couldn’t be happier. To think that there are people out there like
yourself that volunteer your time to create such beautiful items is
amazing.
I will be sure to put them to good use and once again, thank you so much
for all the time and effort you spent making these items for me as well
as fellow service men and women.

Thankyou so much and god bless you and your family.
......

That is all for now.. till next time... everyone stay safe... watch out for embers and stay alert.

Jan-Maree xx

No comments:

Post a Comment