Monday 4 September 2017

Aussie Hero Quilts Requests 4 September 2017

Hi all

Here is the request list for this week…

NOTE – if you are checking the request list from the blog and if you receive the blog via email DO NOT try to reply to me via that email.  It will not work. You need to use friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

A quick note… even if you check the request list every week, please take the time to skim over this preamble.  I edit it to make it relevant every week and I know that many of you are not reading it by the questions I am being asked. It takes you just a minute or two to scan it but takes me considerably longer to read and answer the emails I receive ….. please give me a hand in this. Your assistance is appreciated.


PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag.  
For example….

Marvel Theme. Ironman
M
LB
1


This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…   Marvel Theme. Ironman  M  LB  1


B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

Priority Quilts

Requests numbered 2-7 inclusive are the priority this week. They really need to be in the mail by 29 September if they are to arrive before their recipients come home. Please can you look at these requests first.

Post by Day

The post by date for all non-priority items on this request list is 9 October please.

There are not many requests on the list as these are the priority at the moment. If you can help out it would be much appreciated.

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
NOTE- please read this bit…. It might make some of the request easier for you…

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.

Rising Sun, RAAF Crest Navy Crest and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

HMAS Newcastle Crest/1 Squadron Crest can be sent to you as an embroidered panel to be included.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.

I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.

Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.



Poppies/nauticla/Bright colour - any of the above
F
LB
1A
Canterbury Bulldogs – Blue and White 
M
LB
1B
Blue, purple, red  C130J 2017 ROTO 41
F
LB
1C
QLD NRL, Brisbane Broncos NRL
M
LB
1D
St George Dragons
M
LB
1E
QLD Maroons
M
LB
1F
IRAQ 2017, AUS FLAG, KIWI FLAG
M
LB
1G
Armoured Badge (RAAC)
M
LB
1H
a beach/Aussie/fishing theme "I'd rather be fishing" and Iraq flag please
Urgent
M
Q
2
NRL being Parramatta EELS and AFL being Essendon Bombers
Urgent
M
B
3
aussie flag, jet planes (RAAF) or OKRA 2017
Urgent
M
Q
4
Lord of the Rings OR 6Squadron theme… EA-18 Growler , Motto 'Nous Reviendrons'  We Shall Return -  squadron colours blue and white
Urgent
M
Q
5
1915-2015 ANZAC and the southern cross on it plus K75 with team names.  The Skippy Badge - I can send you one. 
Urgent

M
Q
6
FAVOURITE COLOUR RED, I LOVE OLD COMICS (MARVEL AND DC), FAVOURITE SUPER HERO IS THE HULK.
Urgent
M
Q
7
Australian and U.K. Flag on the quilt with some army themed pictures eg rising sun, a dedication to war heros with bright colours?
F
Q
8
Chelsea FC
M
B
910
Requesting the Royal Australian Regiment emblem, (skippy badge - I can send to you)  the Australian Flag and my name I also request the colours of rifle green and maroon to take up the majority of the quilt as they are the colours of my two Battalions.
M
Q
11
Australian Flag, Australian Rising Sun
Royal Australian Regiment Badge
TGT-V badge, Red poppy - I can send you the Rising sun and the RAR badge, the TGT-TV badge needs to be appliqued.
 
M
Q
12
I love “Deadpool” “Rick and Morty” “Joker”(from Batman) also love punk music so if you could do something cool with one of them


M
B
13
Space, books and blue
M
Q
14
NRL - St George Dragons- would love logo with red and white. Would also love some reference to  Mountain Biking
M
Q
15
North Melbourne Football Club colours
M
Q
16
St George with a superhornet on it somewhere.
M
B
17
I would love some different shades of Blue (Royal and Baby Blue) and Grey (Dark and Light) and White in a cool pattern and maybe our SQN crest (I can send to you) in the centre . Maybe a few small super hornet jets on it would also be nice.
M
Q
18
Red, White and Blue, Wedgetail Aircraft, RAAF Roundel, 2SQN Canberra Aircraft, Lightning strike - from tail of 2SQN Wedgetail aircraft
M
B
19
Blue, and Green.
Hobbies include Motorbikes, Favourite NRL team is the Brisbane Broncos
M
Q
20
IRAQ TGT-V 2017, Rising sun
M
B
21



No comments:

Post a Comment