Wednesday 13 January 2016

Happy Mail of a different kind...... four deployments and still going strong......



Back in 2012/13 Deb B made a quilt and a laundry bag and sent them off with treats to a lovely fellow.  As luck would have it I met him on his return from that deployment to Kandahar.   He was friends with Merida, the gorgeous girl whose wedding I attended recently.  I have met him a few times since he came back, most recently at the wedding.   Well he is off again, to a different location this time, and he sent me this photo with the following message just before he left. 

Couldn't forget my favourite washing bag, 
quilt is already on the way


This is the fourth time he has deployed since receiving his quilt and laundry bag and each time they are some of the first things he packs.  

Some quilts stay at home for fear of something happening to them, some are left with family or friends for safe keeping, some are passed to children to remind them of mum or dad whilst they are away and some are taken on every deployment the member ever goes on....

I don't know about you.....but that just makes me smile and makes me want to sew some more.

Only a short post tonight as it is a busy day.     I have taken my husband out for breakfast this morning for his birthday and we will have dinner out with our sons tonight  and I have lots of emails to answer, boxes to pack and other things to do in the middle. 

Til next time.............................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree xx

1 comment: