Tuesday 4 November 2014

Grati-Tuesday 4 November


G'day all.  
If you remember on the 3rd of September Aussie Heroes spent the day as guests of RAAF Base Richmond.  We had a fabulous time and they must have liked us or something as we have been invited back on the 6th of December for their Christmas Treat/Fair.  We are going to have a stall and we will be selling home made goodies, like ANZACs, Christmas cookies and other goodies.  We will also be selling Raffle Tickets.  

First prize will be this quilt.  


Second prize will be a laundry bag with the winner's choice of theme, winner's initials and made by yours truly.  

Tickets will be available to you all as well as those at Richmond on the day. 

On the day tickets will be $2 each or three for $5 but for ease of management advance purchases will be three for $5.

 You have two options.  
You can either send Joan $5 to the following address with a stamped self addressed envelope so that she can send you the tickets - Joan's address is below...

Joan Carter
3/53 Maclaurin Ave.
East Hills  NSW  2213

Please include your phone number so I can contact you if you win.

OR

 You can deposit $5 info the Aussie Hero Account and email the receipt 
with your phone number 
to Joan and she will reply with the ticket numbers you have purchased.  

Joan's email address is 

joannrobinc@icloud.com


Bank Account Name – Aussie Hero Quilts (and Laundry Bags)
Westpac Dural Branch 
BSB 032376

ACCOUNT NUMBER 301860

Do not send money to Jan-Maree please.

Advance ticket sales will close Sunday 30 November.

And now for some of our thank you messages.

.....

Dear Lenore,

It was a huge honour and a pleasant surprise to receive the Aussie Hero Quilt. I don’t know who put my name forward but I genuinely appreciate their thoughts not to mention the time and dedication of the people behind Aussie Hero Quilts. This is my sixth tour of this area and I feel proud of what myself and our group achieve, but at times over here we become so caught up in what we are doing and our families, that we forget the people at home that are supporting us. The fact that Dolly took the time and effort to get the quilt blessed by Pastor Arthur Fry is not only very special, but shows a level of caring not always seen in today’s environment.

For a long time now our forces have been asked to do their duty in a number of areas around the world, but the Middle East has been our longest, and in some ways, our most demanding. The fact that a small group are so dedicated to bring a little happiness and joy is truly amazing. I can only imagine the work in that goes into these quilts not to mention the logistics of the organisation to receive them and forward them. I would appreciate it if you could forward this to all those people involved.

.....

G'day Debbie,
I got your quilt yesterday and would like to say a big thank you for your gifts and kind words. I might be biased but I think your quilt takes the cake for the ones I've seen so far and I very much appreciate you taking the time to make it. It's come at a great time because it's just starting to get cool at nights over here now that we are in Autumn.
Anyway once again thank you very much for the quilt, laundry bag, lip balm and lollies its made my week and I can show it off to my Broncos hating room mate when he gets back.
Thanks again
.....

 Hi Judy & Dickie, I recently received the care package you sent me. It is especially uplifting knowing people back home are constantly thinking of us and spending so much time, money & effort creating quilts or laundry bags that are unique & personalised. The quilt you sent me is incredible, but the best thing for me is the small, but very thoughtful gift of the pen made from Tasmanian pine. Thank you for the way you show us all support, it's truly appreciated. Go PIES '2015' Premiers'  Thanks again to you both and Buddy.
.....

Hi Debbie,

I am the lucky recipient of your wonderful quilt. I want to say thank you so much for the quilt it is fantastic and it also arrived in time. I could not have asked for a better one, all of the other guys in the building are very jealous. Thank you also for the letter about yourself and your family, I was reading it to my aircraft captain the other day (he is from a cattle farm near Dalby). We talked for a quite a while about your letter and both being Queensland boys.  We're thinking how nice it would be back in Queensland for spring right now.

I know I have already said thanks but, thank you again for the time you have taken to make this quilt. It means so much to me and I know the other guys who have received them cherish them as well. They are all proudly on anyone's bed who has one.

Thanks
.....

Hi Jan-Maree,

My quilt and laundry bag arrived today. It is beautiful and makes my room a little more homely. Please pass on my thanks and gratitude to Evelyn for the time she put aside to make these items for me. The guys and girls in my block were quite taken with my quilt so there may be some more orders coming your way. The work AHQ does really helps keep spirits up and reminds us of the support there is back home. 
Thankyou 


....


Hi Linda!


I received my laundry bag today and it is AMAZING!! It is absolutely perfect! Thank you! Well done to Stan on his material choice. The Tim Tams won't go astray either ;-)

It's nice to know there are other people looking out for me. I think it was actually one of my friends that commissioned the beautiful laundry bag.

Thanks again!




.....


Dear Julie,

Thank you so much for the wonderful laundry bag, it was perfect.

I am currently in Afghanistan and am enjoying my time here, though I do miss my family terribly.

I have used the bag since I received it in early Oct, I love the blue and the kitchen theme, without knowing it you hit the nail on the head with what I like. I often walk into the laundry and see everyone's bags on top of washers and dryers and it always puts a smile on my face to see them all.

Oh and I enjoyed the lollies as well, very yummy.

Thank you for being part of Aussie Hero Quilts, they are well loved and appreciated by all those deployed.  

Keep up the excellent work

Kind regards and many thanks again
......


Good Afternoon Sue,


I hope this email finds you well.

I would just like to say thank you very much for the laundry bag that I have recently received. It looks amazing and is getting a fair bit of use.

Thanks again for the time and effort that you but it to make it.

.....

Hi Katherine

I just wanted to send you a quick email to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time out of your day to make me this wonderful laundry bag.
I have been meaning to email for over a week now but have only just now got internet access to send you this email.
First up I love the bag. I just have to make sure no one nicks it now. Having sharks on it was a great choice as well. When I'm not working I'm scuba diving and I agree that sharks can be a little cheeky much like me I suppose.
I'm glad you enjoyed your tour of Richmond and 1CCS. I"m posted to Brisbane but I am a part of 1CCS up there. It is a great unit where you are sure to meet lifelong friends. I'm sure you witnessed the team spirit and mateship while you were there which is really important to the unit.
Although to you this laundry bag and the many others made by Aussie Quilters is a small token of thanks and no big deal, for my team and I it is a reminder of home and a bit of colour in otherwise dull surroundings. We probably get the same buzz doing our bit to help those less fortunate over here as you do making the bags and quilts for us.
Thank you for your ongoing support to those personnel that are deployed.



.....


Dear Lindsay

I am writing to let you know that one of your fabulous laundry bags has found a home in my room in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

As yet I cant confirm if it will assist in the retention of socks but I can only hope!

Thanks again for your thoughts. They are very much appreciated.


Regards
.....


Hello Jan- Maree,


Thank you ever so much for my quilt and my laundry bag! I can't bare to use my laundry bag because of the great recipes on it, I may find some other uses for it! My quilt also suits me to a tee! I truly do appreciate all the work you and your team have done for me! Pleaes pass on my gratitude!

Kind Regards

.....

Till next time...............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree xx

No comments:

Post a Comment