Wednesday 10 April 2013

Happy Mail 10 april


Lots of lovely happy mail to share today so sit back and enjoy.

A big thank you  to Kennard and Kennard who donated several meters of Aussie fabrics to Diane of Diane's Quilting Quest.  Diane, located in Brisband, is one of our generous quilters and when she received her last order from them she found they had thrown in several one meter pieces of Aussie fabrics.


Thanks very much Kennard and Kennard!
Much appreciated.

And generous in a different way, I turned up to collect two quilted quilts from another of our lovely generous quilters, Kim, from KimQuilt here in Sydney, and Kim handed me a quilt she had made herself!  


Janine sent in a few more BOMs.  To think I was worried that you might not like this idea.  Seems a few of you have really taken to it!


and then she surprised me with a few more!


Liz J sent in these two - might need to make a quilt for a South Aussie and add some crow fabric or something!  


Judith seems to know when I am running out of laundry bags and turns up on the door step with another bunch.





Thanks Judith!

Millie sent in two laundry bags but you won't see the second one till the ANZAC Day challenge reveal.


 Janet sent in her first quilt top for AHQ. 


Laurel visited during the sewing day last week and delivered her first quilt top.


Lynn came good AGAIN with 8 lovely quilt tops - the first one being one of my favourites!











And finally Melissa T sent in two quilts but one will be on Friday night's post as it was posted off to Iraq yesterday!


Thanks for all the mail everyone!  Two more parcels were at the PO office today but I didn't have time to collect them.  They will be in next week's post.


Till next time......................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful quilts and laundry bags - I love the photo posts. I always wonder what people were thinking when they were sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, when I have been sewing up the quilts and laundry bags,as I stitch away, I continually think of our guys and girls over 'there' and their families and loved ones over here,and how are they feeling. I wonder who will get to snuggle under my quilt, hoping they know that part of my heart went over in the parcel. And being a Mum, I worry that they are safe,and happy. I love being part of a surprise!...I get excited to know that I will help make someone feel good. Letting them know that we appreciate what they do,and that we have not forgotten them. This is part of what I feel when stitching....

      Delete