Happy Wednesday Friends!
Hi Bev F,
I hope this email finds you well.
I want to say a big THANK YOU for the creation of my incredible quilt. It was so perfect, exactly what I was hoping for. You absolutely nailed my brief and brought a BIG smile on my face when I opened it.
It is something that I will treasure for a lifetime. I can only imagine all the time and hard work you put into creating my quilt and all the others you have created as well.
Whoever gets you as their quilter will never be disappointed because your work is pure joy.
Thank you once again, it honestly means so much to me receiving this.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Kind Regards,
Dear Gayle W,
Hello, I have received your laundry bag that you have made for me, I'm currently in my 6th year of service and I cant tell you how badly I have always wanted one, I cannot thank you enough for making me one and I appreciate your work and your kind words so much.
Please continue sewing as you're really good at it. Much love to your grandchildren, dog and cat.
Good Morning Ann S,Thank you for the lovely quilt!It is good to hear other's stories, and pass them down so our families remember what we've done for them.I was just in the Middle East and got the email asking for quilt requests, such a nice thing to see. We even got some Anzac biscuits which was funny, after all the stories from ww1 and 2 of Anzac biscuits and it's still happening today.A bit about me, I joined the Army in 2014 as a Cavalryman, posted to 2 Cav Regt in Townsville for 4 years.My vehicle was given over to infantry, and I had to leave or choose another job.I chose Air Dispatch in Sydney, which is cargo under parachute: Humanitarian aid, vehicle and plant delivery, food etc.I deployed to Vanuatu on Op Vanuatu assist in 2021.In 2023 I transferred again, this time to the RAAF as an aircraft structural technician, and deployed this year to the Middle East.Thanks again,
Hello Jenny R,
I’m a sailor on HMAS Stuart, and the grateful recipient of one of your laundry bags. While we don’t leave for our big deployment till next week, the bag has been getting plenty of use during our short trips out to the West Australian Exercise Area to prepare for deployment.
The bag is doing a brilliant job. The quality is fantastic and I love the design. The Lion King was one of my favourite movies as a child, and I grew up watching Doctor Who with my dad and brother and now watch it with my own kids. Each evening at sea when I go to put the clothes of the day into the bag, I get to look forward to watching the next season of the show with them.
This is my first major deployment as my previous sea time was on small boats, mostly working around the Australian coast. I’m currently very excited about the countries we could visit and the allies we could meet and work alongside, but also a bit sad about leaving my family for so long.
I’d like to thank you for your service, both as a nurse and as a foster mum for so many dogs. Both such important and I’m sure, very rewarding roles.
It sounds like you are blessed with a large, loving family with all these visits you mention. I’m glad you now have the time to do all these things.
I hope all your trips are as wonderful as they sound.
Safe travels
Dear Jenny R,
I’m an Army reserve member from Wollongong who has recently deployed on a training trip to Malaysia and just this morning I became the lucky recipient of one of your laundry bags.
I was in line to be handed a laundry bag when I spied a bag covered in cartoon dinosaurs. I LOVE dinosaurs. I was very excited to get my hands on it but then they handed the dino bag to the bloke in front of me in the line. Needless to say, I was devastated. But then another bag caught my eye. It was blue and covered in palm trees, surf boards and beach umbrellas and had ‘summer vibes’ written all over it.
I instantly realised that this was an even better prize than the dinosaur bag. I snatched it up immediately before anyone else could and I could not be happier with it. I love the design and its tropical beachside vibe. I’m about to write my name on it so no one else tries to steal it when they realise I’ve got a cooler laundry bag than they do.
I’m very grateful to you and everyone else who make these laundry bags for us. It certainly made my day when I received one that you personally made.
Keep up the good work as it certainly helps to lift the spirits of all the boys and girls who are spending months away from home. Thanks again for that laundry bag and I hope you have a cracking day.
Regards
Good afternoon Sheena B,
I am a happy recipient of one of your laundry bags with the Aussie Hero Quilts charity. I am currently deployed on HMAS STALWART where my existing laundry bag was hanging on for dear life! Being a kiwi on exchange meant that I got the NZ styled bag and it’s nice to have a reminder of home with me.
Thanks for your kind work,
***
Good morning Ellen N,Thank you so very much for my beautiful laundry bag.Your family's service is quite extensive, I am very grateful for their service and the support their wives and families provided them. I was appointed in February 2016 as a Scientific Officer, and marched in to the 2nd General Health Battalion on my birthday in 2019, after three years of long term schooling where I completed my second bachelors degree.I have managed to remain at the same unit (now called the 2nd Health Battalion) and have not yet deployed, but been on many exercises over the years. The last one was my favourite so far. I basically spent three weeks with one of my best friends.My husband and I have two beautiful and energetic children - 6 years old and 4 years old. Last weekend we brought home the final addition to our family, little Louis, a cavoodle.I am quite jealous of the travel you have done. We also love camping!!! And are excited to now have Louis to join us on our trips.Thank you again, I will think of you and your generosity on every future exercise and possible deployment.
Cheers Catherine D
Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in. Wednesdays would be so totally boring without them!
πΌπ·πΉπ»πΌπ·πΉπ»


No comments:
Post a Comment