Tuesday 8 October 2024

Grati-Tuesday 8th October 2024

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

We have some great messages and photos today, so grab a cuppa, sit back and relax while you soak up some well deserved gratitude. 

Only 17 sleeps until the Thank You dinner.  

Hope to see you there!

...

Hi Sonia J,

Thanks for my laundry bag.

...

Hello all! 

I recently attended a program run by Horse Aid and a member of the AHQ community bought us all a laundry bag made by you lot. I just want to pass on my heartfelt thank you, it really is so kind and means a lot. I am very appreciative and want to thank you for all your hard work. Thank you again, I love it!!

...

Good Evening Jan-Maree B,

 

Thank you very much for your service to all veterans both current and ex-serving. It means a lot to us that there are people such as yourself out there spending your free time making these wonderful quilts and laundry bags for us. My apologies for not writing back sooner but I have not had much time to myself the past few months with any free time being spent with my family. I loved the design choices and it works well as he is a very mischievous Pokemon that plays pranks on people in a haunted tower in the original series. 


I took it home to show my daughters as they love pokemon and my eldest aged 5 says “that is so cool, I love how he is holding the lightning it looks sick!” and I concur with her statements and it is currently hanging in my mess being used as we speak.


Thank you again for the hard work that you do with Aussie Hero Quilts words honestly can’t describe how much this means to all of us.


Kind Regards,


...

Dear Marianne R & Bobbie S & the Mystery BOMers,


Thank you so much for the quilt…I love it!

 

I’ve deployed many times in the past few years and always wanted an Aussie Hero Quilt. I’m so grateful it managed to happen on this tour. Thank you for what you do, and for giving me some morale before I get back home.

 

Kind Regards,

 ...

Dear Bobbie S & Mystery BOMers and Joan & Alan B

I am writing on behalf of my husband who recently received a beautiful memory quilt to acknowledge his time spent in Malaya during the Vietnam war.

My husband was overwhelmed by the gift.

He was a 19 year old country boy living in NSW when he was conscripted to join the Army.  He had never been away from home before, and after his initial training, he spent his 21st birthday in the jungles of Malaya training in readiness to fight the Vietcong in Vietnam.  Luckily for him, the war ended just before his Battalion was due to be deployed to active duty. 

As the years passed and he became a paramedic, he joined the RSL Sub-branch and was active in RSL activities.  He still participates in ANZAC day services at our retirement village in NSW. 

The Aussie Hero Quilts is an amazing programme to acknowledge the efforts of  our service personnel.  

Unfortunately there are too many of our citizens serving in war zones across the world. 

Once again thank you to all the people who contributed towards Bruce’s quilt.

...

Good evening Sonia J,


My partner & I received your laundry bag! We are in Darwin and my partner has left for deployment this week. We would just like to say a massive thank you for the time and effort you put into these beautiful bags, it truly made both of our days.

It is so lovely and refreshing to know that there is an amazing community and support network throughout all of the families, friends and loved ones within the Australian Defence Force.

I thank your son for his hard work and dedication towards serving his country. I also thank you, and the rest of his loved ones for the sacrifices made within his career. It is not easy having a loved one serve in the ADF.

From the bottom of our hearts thank you so much! Your gift has made saying goodbye a little easier.
Love,

 ...

Dear Jacqui D,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for sending me the beautiful laundry bag and letter.

Your significant efforts to bring a little piece of home to those who serve is heartwarming.

I have travel plans in October, and the laundry bag that you have gifted me will be put to good use.

 ...

Bridget R,

I'd just like to say a massive thank you for my quilt. I love it, it's more perfect than I imagined. 

We deploy on Tuesday so I am looking forward to bringing it along with me to make my rack nice and colourful. 

Thank you, 

 ...

Below are more thank you's from the VIP laundry bags sent out with their dinner invites.

Dear Bobbie S,

Recently, I had the privilege of receiveing one of your hand made laundry bags through Aussie Hero Quilts. In my role, I am regularly required to travel domestically and internationally and this laundry bag will be of great use to me in my travels.

During your father's time at Tocumwal Base in NSW, the base was home to heavy bomber support and operational conversion training units.  The work your father did on the Tocumwal houses was of great importance as they were used as dormitories during the war and later transported to Canberra to assist with the post war accommodation crisis.

I sincerely hope you son has fond memories of his service in the Royal Australia Navy.

Thank you for your commitment and dedication over the last eight years in the work you do for Aussie Hero Quilts. These quilts and laundry bags bring so many Air Force members comfort during a time when they are in unfamiliar locations and away from their families.

Yours sincerely.


Dear Bobbie S,

Thank you for the laundry bag which you have sent me. I greatly appreciate the personalisation, craftsmanship, and countless hours spent sewing.

Eight years of volunteering to sew for Aussie Hero Quilts is an extraordinary period of service which is further enhance by your commitment as a co-ordinator within the organisation.  Thank you for your dedication and leadership.  The support provided to our deployed personnel by the many volunteers who sew for Aussie Hero Quilts is invaluable.  Your efforts provide our people a sense of home whilst they live in faraway places for extended periods of time.  I know this sense of homeliness is greatly appreciated.

Again thank you for the laundry bag you have made me.  I wish you, your children and your grandchildren every success in the future.

Your sincerely.

 ...

Dear Ruth S,

I am deeply grateful to have received your beautifully made laundry bag depicting the Australian Flag, Remembrance Poppies, my Service name and number along with our transport logo, the Road Runner.

Since my Army service in the ’60’s, I have been involved with the Returned Services League, being President of the Lae (Papua New Guinea) sub-branch for some 15 years whilst my wife was an active member of the Women’s Auxiliary for a similar length of time during our 40 odd years of residency there.  During this period she also dedicated her spare time to assist the old PNG ex servicemen and their wives in the villages along with making wreaths for the Anzac Day services as well as assisting individuals who were hospitalised etc.  I know how much her services were appreciated by the recipients as are your tokens of appreciation for the current Australian ex servicemen in the form of your laundry bags, sewn and finished with love.  Since retirement, I am now a Life Member of the Surfers Paradise Gold Coast Sub Branch.

Ruth, thank you so much for thinking of us.  May Aussie Hero Quilts and Laundry Bags continue for a long time to give pleasure to the recipients for their service to our wonderful country, Australia.

Your gift not only brightens my day, but will re-establish my faith in the Australian people who do appreciate the sacrifices made by not only the ex servicemen and their wives who stayed at home keeping the fires burning but also the current men and women in the Services who stand ready to defend our Country and freedom in these current unstable times.

Thank you once again, and may God Bless you for your kind thoughts.  Your personal message addressed to me also very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

 ...

To Ruth S,

I am emailing to express my husband and my heartfelt gratitude for the beautiful personalised handmade Laundry bag you made and he received at the 85 Transport Vietnam Veterans Reunion in Darwin this August.

Your kindness and creativity truly shone through in every detail including your personalised message. We will cherish it as a keepsake in our family, reminding us of your generosity, care and time you put into making this.

Thank you once again.

Warm regards

 ...


Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
🌳🌷🌹🌻🌼🌺🌳🌷🌸🌹🌺🌻🌼 


No comments:

Post a Comment