Tuesday 15 October 2024

Grati-Tuesday 15th October 2024

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

We have some great messages and photos today, so grab a cuppa, sit back and relax while you soak up some well deserved gratitude. 

Only 10 sleeps until the Thank You dinner.  

Hope to see you there!

...

Good afternoon Bridget R,

 

I am writing to you to graciously and personally thank you for the wonderful quilt you made especially for me to celebrate and commemorate my 39 years of Permanent Air Force Service.

 

I was really touched by not only the gesture from my wife  in organising this,  but also your handy work, skill and the quality of the quilt, including the intricate embroidery that went into the making of this wonderful quilt. I truly love it!

 

Whilst not totally gone from Defence, I am a Reservist now for a while before I retire proper. But it is such a lovely way to have recognition of that lifetime of service. I joined in 1985 at the age of 16 into the apprentice scheme at the time and have been blessed with good postings and worked with thousands of wonderful people in my career.

 

And now there is bunch of wonderful people like yourself that not only look after our Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen on operations, but now provide such a meaningful momento of Service. I look forward to the day I can wrap my grandkids in this and tell them stories. Like you we have twin 23 years old son and daughter (whom is due in feb with her first child) and also a naughty Jack Russell terrier.

 

So I want to personally thank-you Bridget, and the wider Aussie hero Quilts Team for this wonderful gift, and for your, and all of you, the support you give to our serving and retired Veterans.

 

And most of all Thank you for sharing your family story with me. That made it so much more personal.

 

Kindest Regards


  ...

G’day Lyn R (and everyone involved in the process),

 

I hope this email finds you well

 

I received my quilt a few days ago and have been so pleased with how it turned out…….ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! haha

 

The pirate map theme turned out great and it’s quite unusual to the norm so very happy. I have always loved pirates. I think it’s from Sunday afternoon watching old pirate movies when I was a kid, like the Crimson Pirate with Charlton Heston etc!

 

Referring to your letter, I hope you enjoyed Darwin with Pitch Black in full swing?! I was there in 2016 and it was soooo NOISEY!!!! I was living at RAAF Darwin at the time so I had it a bit worse than say being in a hotel down the waterfront, and I think it’s safe to say that the crocs you saw have probably kept all the pirates away!

 

Great to hear that you live in Tassie. I lived in Tassie for ~14 years, mostly in Norwood, Launceston but also in Sandy Bay in Hobart. I loved it. Lots of bushwalking, and so many beautiful places to visit and see. I’d move back tomorrow if I could. I spent a week in the Tassie highlands a few years ago too camping and it was great so I’m sure you guys love the fishing trips!!!

 

My wife and I now live in Canberra, mainly for work. Me with Defence and my wife as a nurse but I miss the nature of Tasmania.

 

Again, thank you so much for all your hard work and effort to send me a quilt. It has a place of honour on my bed replacing the boring white one haha

 

I also liked the cut out of the fish and Tassie, but I couldn’t find any sleeve on the back of the quilt?

 

All the best, and thank you to Lyn and everyone involved in the process to make this happen. It is very much appreciated and it’s lovely to get a parcel!

 

Regards,


...

Bobbie S,

I am writing to thank you for your efforts with Aussie Hero Quilts, not only from myself, but the countless Members of the Navy your gifts impact.

I would also like to thank you for your continued committment to Aussie Hero Quilts, eight years is an outstanding effort.  I have no doubt that you have brought joy to many Navy members deployed from home during this time.

Being a member of a Defence family I am sure you understand how difficult being away from our loved ones can be, your gifts go a long way in showing that the home front are thinking of them wherever they may be.

Again, thank you  for your outstanding work and the happiness you bring to the members of the Royal Australian Navy.

Your sincerely,

...

Morning Ruth S, 

 

I just wanted to say thank you very much for creating and sending through the Laundry Bag it was spot on, I loved it and my kids thought it was really cool. 

 

Also thank you for the Port merchandise you sent with it, it was a great surprise, and yes it is very unfortunate that we didn't make it for the Grand Final. I had all my accommodation booked to head across but there will always be next year. 

 

Again I really appreciate all the effort you have gone through to put these things all together for me and all the other Defence personnel. 

 

 Thanks and Regards

 ...

A special thank you to the team from Aussie Hero Quilts (and Laundry Bags). They kindly gifted each of our Five Day Residential participants with a very special handmade laundry bag during our September residential.

It was such a lovely moment for our Five Day Residential participants, and a special memento of their time here which we are sure they will all cherish. Thank you again.





 ...


Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
🌳🌷🌹🌻🌼🌺🌳🌷🌸🌹🌺🌻🌼 

No comments:

Post a Comment