Thursday 5 September 2024

Seven weeks to go.

Hi all, 

Oh my goodness! Just seven weeks from today I will be in Canberra, having moved into the Rex Hotel in order to prepare for the weekend!   

For those that do not know, my husband lives in Canberra Monday to Friday most weeks and comes home to Sydney on the weekends.  I keep track of how many more trips he has to and from Canberra at this time of the year as he is my courier. David has been dutifully transporting raffle prizes, auction prizes, lucky door prizes, goodie bag contents, quilt frames and so much more to Canberra in readiness for the Annual Thank You Weekend,. 

I am not sure he has too many more trips left but I think we have mostly finished the transport runs... I hope so anyway.  

I have a quiet week planned next week but I am heading to Brisbane on 15 September to spend some time with our volunteers up there. Back to Sydney on the 19th. On Friday we have sewing day here at HQ, and then in the afternoon I am driving to Canberra. The Mission for that trip is to photograph all of the Raffle Prizes and Auction Prizes.  It is a three to four person job and I am hoping for fine weather, otherwise I will have to find a wet weather alternative. Fingers crossed. 

Pictured below is just a small sample of some of our Lucky Door Prizes for our Friday Night Gathering. We have gathered some AWESOME goodies this year and I am quite looking forward to seeing them all being opened up. I had a brain wave this year (well I thought it was a brain wave). Instead of wrapping all the goodies in paper, which is only going to be torn up and hopefully recycled, we have used fabric, safety pins and ribbons to wrap everything. How quilter and environmentally friendly is that!!! 

I have three awesome speakers booked in. All of them are very different and I think you will enjoy meeting and hearing from them. 

This Saturday afternoon Toni F and Rachel B are coming to my home (aka HQ) to pack some of the goodies that will be going into the goodie bags. What is a goodie bag you ask?  Use your imagination but that is all I am saying. You will have to come along on the night to receive one. 


So have you bought your tickets yet?  All you have to do is to click here and this will take you to the Trybooking Website. 

Till next time.... get those tickets booked and keep stitching! 

Jan-Maree xx


No comments:

Post a Comment