Tuesday 30 May 2023

Grati-Tuesday 30th May 2023

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

It is that time of the week again. Grab your tissues this week, you are going to need them, I know I did!!!

Grab a
 cuppa, s
it back and enjoy some well deserved gratitude!
...

Good morning Pat G,

 

I received the quilt and bag today and thanks for your time and effort for making them according the night sky and stars theme I requested.

I really like the Southern Cross on the quilt and the colours were perfect.

I am an aspiring Navigator and the Mariners Compass on the bag will be a symbol of inspiration to achieve my goals now.

 

I am great full of your support, which will help me overcome challenges of being separated from family and friends for long periods of time while at sea.

 

Yours aye,

...

Hello,

 

Thank you, my quilt arrived the other day!

 

Thank you so much for it! Its very beautiful and I just used it last night watching a movie. I love the colouring and the embroidery is so beautiful. It gave me a huge smile when I got it. Was nice to come back to a gift.

 

Thank you for all your hard work and making us have something to look forward to.

...
Below are some photo's of some very happy recipients with laundry bags made by Joy H's grandchildren. I think they have done a wonderful job, as we can tell by the smiles on the recipients faces!!! It is great to get everyone involved and excited about what Aussie Hero's does!!!


...

Dear Bobbie S,

 

I was fortunate to receive one of your Aussie Hero quilts this week. Thank you, it is beautiful.

 

I received your quilt as about 5 weeks ago I was riding my bicycle when I was struck from behind by a driver who fell asleep at the wheel. My injuries are numerous and varied but significantly I have sustained a spinal cord injury. I will be in hospital and rehabilitation centres for around the next six months to learn to use a wheelchair and regain my independence.

 

I have served in the Royal Australian Navy for 21 years, having joined straight out of school. I have had an excellent career with them. The Navy has been a wonderful support to myself and my family since the accident, I couldn't imagine going through such an ordeal without their support.

 

I do have a young family. My wife is staying with me while I recover and will stay for the full rehabilitation process. We have an almost 6-year-old son. Due to circumstances, we have had to move him to live with my family so he can continue to go to school and have a normal life during this time. He is a wonderful, resilient boy who has settled well into my old primary school. He has been coming to visit us in Sydney most weekends.

 

Thank you again for the work you do in supporting these beautiful quilts to be made. It means so much to me personally to see such love and support wrap around not just myself but my family too. Your work is important and very much appreciated. I have attached a photo so you can see the finished product.

 

I will leave it there, but I wanted to get in touch and personally thank you. Please pass my thanks to all the volunteers working with you to make this possible.


...

Good morning Toni F, 

              Thank you for my laundry bag and dedicating your time in producing such a personalised laundry bag.

A little about myself I joined the RAN in 1990 having served in the British Navy.

Starting at the bottom rank of Able Seaman I kept on getting promoted over the years finally attains Commander. Collectively I served 43 years. Married with two now adult children and I have three grandchildren who I adore.

The laundry bag gave me a smile from ear to ear and I will cherish your creation always.

Thank you so so much from the bottom of me heart, you don't know how much this means to me thank you.

Regards,

...
Dear Barbara D,

Thank you for the delightful quilt through Aussie Heros. I look forward to taking it to sea with me on my next upcoming deployment and I am sure that it will remind me of home, but also will feel like I am taking part of home with me. 

I have had reddish pink hibiscus in our garden previously, however managed to kill them with kindness, and regularly threaten to sub divide my mother-in -laws bird of paradise plant to bring some home for a large pot. Both are lovely plants and I also have a soft spot for them. I had to look up Mandevilla on Google as I had not heard of these before, however I think I will try to grow one of these in the bathroom. I have not seen torch ginger or heliconias before. I will have to visit the gardens one day in Cairns. 

I have only just planted a poinciana in the front garden the other day to help provide shade to the yard in summer and sun through the branches in winter. Both poinciana and poncietta a beautiful red colour to them, and it took me a while to work out that both were separate plant species. Beyond numerous frangipani's which are fantastic when they flower, our garden otherwise consists of a few almond trees, a passionfruit, apple tree, plum trees in the ground and a range of figs. citrus and guava trees either planted or in pots. 

I love sailing and have sailed on Pittwater before which is just north of Sydney Harbour, and it was a magical experience. It was this that started the itch to sail many years ago and led us to buying a small trailer sailboat which we enjoyed sailing in parts of Australia. 

The quilt is amazing and my wife also loves it. The lettering is perfect! By the end of the life of this quilt, it will be very well travelled!!!

Thank you for your support,
With kind Regards,
(For context- Tropical flowers and gardening was part of the chosen theme for this quilt)
...
Bridget R,
           Can I please take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart, it is not very often that a tear forms in my eye however, I must admit, the quilt where you have captured 30 years of my life was very emotional and sentimental to me.  
The work that you have created is very special and makes me smile when I walk past the quilt and has brought me warmth to my heart.
 Thankyou, thankyou so much.

Regards, 
...
Hi Jan-Maree,

Firstly Thank you.  I have received the beautiful quilt  made in honour of my father. I was quite overcome with emotion with the beautiful work put into making this quilt by your lovely volunteers Dorothy C, Lynn F and her husband Arthur and Philomena H. I would also like to thank you for allowing mum and dad's dear friend Jacqui D  to add that extra special personal touch to dad's quilt. We will treasure this gift always. 

                             Kindest Regards,                           

...

Sue N,

Thanks you so much for making the laundry bag for me. It has amazing designs on it and to be honest I'm most like going to get it framed because it's to good to be used . It was also a nice surprise getting them because usually the surprises we get are Extra PT so getting a work of art is a way better surprise.

...

Dear Bridget R, 

From the bottom of my heart I thank you for all that you have done especially putting your time and effort into making this absolutely amazing laundry bad I will forever love it. 


I'm forever thankful for what you have done.. 

Kind regards 
... 

 Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

No comments:

Post a Comment