Tuesday 8 November 2022

The Newbies Breakfast Saturday Morning by Janice L and Deb K

I enjoyed starting my Saturday at the “Newbies Breakfast” and having a chat over my scrambled eggs with more very friendly Aussie Heroes. Although I didn’t really move around the tables, it was great to see and hear so much animated and cheerful talk around the room. People were definitely enjoying the conversation, as much – if not more – than the eggs!

My hope in coming to Canberra this weekend, was to not only meet Jan-Maree and her many helpers, and other sewers, but to also get advice and ideas for quilts I make for Aussie Heroes in the future. Whoever I spoke to, not only at the Newbies Breakfast, but on Friday night, the bus trip and again breakfast at Poppy’s on Sunday, all were more than willing “to share”.

I felt so welcomed by everyone I spoke to over the weekend. I am so pleased that I made the trip to Canberra and I’m already looking forward to next year. Thank you, Jan-Maree and all your helpers.

Janice


At 8.45 on Saturday morning, we made our way to the 5th Floor of the Rex Hotel for the “Newbies Breakfast” – the view of Canberra was outstanding and the vibe in the room was happy and informal.

The Rex Hotel put on a fabulous spread from breakfast cereal and toast to an exceptional continental self-serve buffet.

Jan-Maree Ball made her way around to every volunteer.  It was a great introduction for new volunteers to meet Jan-Maree and Jan-Maree to meet her new volunteers.

Unable to make the Friday event this Newbies casual meet and greet breakfast set the tone for the Aussie Hero Quilts Volunteers Thank You weekend.  The opportunity to meet Jan-Maree and to  interact with admin/military staff associated with Aussie Heroes was very special.

The entire weekend was outstanding, and it reinforced that my modest involvement with this association is unique, positive and very rewarding.

Deb 

Anne H and Ellen N 


Geoff and Bev C and Janice L



Lynn K

Sue-Ellen, Moi, Gayle W, Greg, and Belinda. 


Left to Right, Gayle W, Belinda, Bev L, Cath Hpr and Sue-Ellen 


Lynn K and Laura C


Jacqui and Bobbie 

Thanks Janice and Deb for a great write up.

Cheers

Jan-Maree xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment