Tuesday 15 November 2022

Grati-Tuesday 15th November 2022


Happy Tuesday Friends!

Hope everyone has had a fantastic week.  

Wow where is the month going?  Can't believe its almost half over and then the silly season begins.

As usual we have beautiful message full of thanks and gratitude and a picture of a recipient next to a memorial dedicated to his service.

So grab a cuppa, sit back, relax and enjoy! 

...

Hi Ruth S,

 

The laundry bag has finally arrived! 

 

Thank you very much for my laundry bag, I love it! I really appreciate the time and effort that you have put into making it. It’s super handy for my laundry runs, it has added a nice personalised touch to my room and it will be an amazing memory to keep for the rest of my life.

 

Thank you for your support, I genuinely appreciate it as do all the other guys who receive laundry bags.

 

Regards,

...

Dear Jan-Maree, 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the truly amazing Aussie Hero Quilt I recently received from Inge on behalf of yourself and colleagues Lynn, Philomena and Inge.

I cannot express enough words that would do justice to the beautiful and intricate design of my quilt. The stitching, embroidery and design is truly exceptional.
I am still trying to control my emotions every time I run my hands over the beautiful masterpiece. 
I will definitely be taking my quilt to the hospital for comfort.

Many thanks. God bless. 


This grateful recipient is standing beside a memorial dedicated to his service.
...

Good Morning Ruth S,  

 

I wanted to drop you an email to thank you for your beautiful Laundry Bag!.

 

The mail run has come in this week and I was absolutely blown away with the Laundry Bag, I appreciate your kind letter as well.

 

Thank you again and I know all deployed members really appreciate your hard work and Aussie Hero Quilts support- Thank you for your service to support us!

 

Warm Regards,

...


Hello Jan-Maree,

 

I would like to thank you and your team very much. 

Tracey P presented a quilt* to my husband was over whelmed and had no words but a few tears. It made him feel very special and said it is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for him. 

He received his laundry bag* a few days before and was so impressed with that and loves it. 

 

It really moved him, thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

 

Cheers,


*Quilt was made by Barbara W with embroidery by Inge. 

Laundry bag made by Ruth S.

...

G’day Ruth S

 

I’d like to take an opportunity to thank you for the amazing laundry bag I received. To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. When we were asked to list what it was we would like, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would get something so amazing!

 

I would also like to acknowledge the fact you are a “MAD POWER Supporter” and I can only imagine the gritted teeth when you were handling the Collingwood material. It makes my heart sing hahaha

 

Unfortunately, I have already lost ownership of the bag as my young children are of the belief it is theirs and not mine. Please know it is being put to good use and being loved by my ratbags and I hope to one day get it back.

 

Part of my tradecraft in Air Force is industrial sewing. I can go some way to understanding and appreciate the amount of effort that goes not only into the laundry bags and the quilting in general. To say you are an incredible craftswoman is understated.

 

Thank you again

 

Kind regards

...

Greg and Jan-Maree,

 

Firstly, I can’t thank you both enough. I received my quilt yesterday - it is absolutely perfect.

 

Please pass on my sincere thanks to the quilter (Philomena) for creating these two gifts. I can’t wait to present this to the recipient at her farewell. She will be absolutely ecstatic.

 

I even received a hand-written card in the mail from Philomena. How delightful.

 

Thanks again for the hard work that your team continually put in. 

It certainly goes a long way.

 

Talk soon

 ...

 Dear Barbara W,


I hope you're well. I have been visiting my parents down in Melbourne when I was presented with the lovely blanket that you made for me.


To say that I am honoured and humbled would be a gross understatement. I have never received something so personalised from my service and it is something I will forever cherish.


I can only imaged the hours that you put into it which makes it even all the more special.


Again, thank you so much for caring for Veterans.  I am eternally grateful.


...


Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!

🌟 🌟 🌟






































No comments:

Post a Comment