Tuesday 19 July 2022

Grati-Tuesday 19th Jul 2022

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

Hope everyone has had a fantastic week!

A few thank you's are coming in from the recipients of the Special Projects Laundry bags that were recently presented! 
One of the letters includes a link to photo of the ceremonies. 
Its well worth a look.
 
Now its time to grab a cuppa, sit back, 
relax and enjoy the gratitude letters below. 
....
Good Morning Kate E,

I have received the laundry bag, I can't thankyou enough! It is amazing, something I will cherish forever. We are flying out this afternoon, not looking forward to the 26 ish hours travel, but am very keen on France as I have never left Australia. 

If you'd like, I will find the names of your great uncles and get a photo and forward it to yourself? 

My mum and her partner also migrated to Queensland during the pandemic, we had all well and truly had enough of Victoria and its lockdowns. 

Your trip sounds exciting! You'll see some beautiful country, I myself have never ventured into Western Australia. But I have heard it is amazing.

Take care and thankyou again
....
Dear Anne H, 

Thank you so much for the laundry bag and sharing a little about yourself. It seems so fitting to have this with me on my trip to France/Belgium to oversee 17 rededications of previously unknown soldiers who now have a known grave. I was walking to the laundromat yesterday thinking I would have the most decorative laundry bag in the whole of Lille.

I live in Northern NSW with my wife and two daughters. I am an Army Reserve Officer with my normal job as a primary school teacher at a beautiful little school of only 30 students right near the beach. I have the year 3,4,5,6 class. Prior to my trip, I taught my students about three of the soldiers who we would be honouring and asked them all to write a letter to one of them. I have also had a few of the letters read out at the ceremonies and the other letters have been laid on the graves.

I got into this work as an Unrecovered War Casualty Investigator because prior to my career as a school teacher I was a detective in the Federal Police and my undergraduate degree was in Australian military history.

A lady is following our trip and taking photos of all the services, if you click on the link you can see some of the images. 

 Thanks again for such a lovely gesture.

Regards 

(Note - scroll to the bottom of the page and start from 4 June 22)

....

Good Morning Kate E,

 Many thanks for the laundry bag, I absolutely love the colours and pattern, it brings some much needed colour to the submarine!

A retired life in QLD, sounds lovely, although with six grandkids I can understand why you’re busier than ever.

I have three children, 4, 2 and 8 months, and yes we do always manage to be away at the crucial times! I am lucky that I have at least been there for all of their births.

Once again, many thanks for the time and effort, it is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

....

Dear Melissa L,

Thank you so much for the beautiful laundry bag you have made for me, it was a lovely surprise.

 The bag you have crafted captures many aspects of my life and truly is a fantastic useful gift that I will really treasure. I love that you have captured my running, yoga, the Kombi and the nursing and midwifery aspects of my life as well as my military Service to the RAANC and Army. So lovely to have something so special that compliments the quilt I received.

 

Thank you so much for your lovely letter, I really enjoyed learning about your amazing family, your three children and husband sound wonderful. They seem to be very talented and successful in all that they do. I note that your daughter is pursuing a nursing career something that I can highly recommend and your son is also enjoy cadets. Many personnel join fulltime after a stint in the cadets. I really do not know how you fit everything in but I am truly appreciative for everything you do. You are obviously a remarkable woman who enjoys giving to others.

 

I am very lucky and have had a wonderful career with 40 years as a nurse and midwife.

....
Bonjour Kristie H,

I would like to thank you for the Laundry bag not just from me but the entire group of the Jonathan Church Good Soldiering Award.
I must admit that after 10 years of service I had not heard of these but I am very appreciative for it and will use it for years to come.
Thanks
....
Dear Gayle W,
Thank you for sharing your passion of quilting with AHQ and sending me the 'Wonder Women' inspired quilt and laundry bag.  When I crossed the Equator onboard HMAS Ballarat in 2017, I created a costume in the spirit of Wonder Women to face the judgement of Neptune!  
I donated $300 to AHQ on receipt of your gifts. Your generous spirit has paid forward in so many ways.
Looking at your quilt and dobey bag (Navy slang for LB), I am reminded to have fun and be inspired . "What can I achieve in the next 4 years before I retire from the ADF in 2027 and become an Art Therapist"
Keep safe and much love with open arms.
....

Good afternoon Ruth S!

 


I’ve just received a laundry bag from you in the mail and after seeing how amazing it looked and reading the letter you attached, I had to let you know how much I appreciate it.

I absolutely love how it looks, I know ‘food’ must have been a bit difficult to work with, but you ended up doing it justice.

I’ve already shared it with friends and family and they all want to know where I got it from. I just had my birthday last Saturday and I was very pleasantly surprised when I got some extra mail from you

 

I want to wish you all the best, and I hope the other people who you make quilts/laundry bags for appreciate it as much as I do – I’ll be keeping this for a long time.

 

Thank you and kind regards,

....

Good morning Ruth S,

I am very very appreciative and the lucky recipient of one you your beautiful laundry bags.

I am absolutely honoured and grateful to receive this laundry bag and it very much brightened my day!  I had already taken my laundry bag on an Exercise recently and used it with pride.

I am appreciative of the time that went into making the bag and feel extremely humbled to have been considered and to receive such an incredible gift.  I am also grateful for the fabrics that were chosen which are extremely personal to me!

I have been in the Army for eight years and have enjoyed every minute of it and am employed in the Medical Corps.  I am currently living in Sydney with my Navy spouse and hope to be posted to Darwin next for a bit of adventure

Your grandchildren would be extremely proud of you and please know that you will always hold a very special place in my heart. 

Kind Regards,

....

Hello Toni F,

I feel very honoured that the ladies at Aussie Heroes felt that I met their criteria for a quilt and laundry bag. Like many women we are constantly doing more than our fair share and don’t think we are worthy of recognition. I still struggle with the thought of being acknowledged for my service.

I am very grateful for the laundry bag and love the design that you chose. Personally, I don’t know where you find the time given everything you do. You have had a very busy and interesting life, most appears to be serving the community. Your childhood also sounded fascinating although as children we don’t really appreciate what we have and our parents until we are much older. We also don’t realise that material things don’t make a happy family, love does!

I am hoping that you weren’t impacted by the floods and that your garden has flourished with the extra rain! NSW has been impacted so often over the past couple of years.

Your generosity has made me feel very special indeed and I will be forever grateful. It is a wonderful thing that you Aussie Heroes do!

Warmest regards,

....

  Hi Marilyn S,

 

Thank you so much for my new laundry bag. I love the colours and how bright it is - it definitely stands out in a crowd.

 

Thank you for the work you have been doing with Aussie Hero Quilts. You probably don't get to see the back end, but the smiles and energy you bring to everyone when the packages arrive, everybody comparing their new quilts/bags is priceless.

Everybody loves to be selected by Aussie Hero Quilts.

 

That's great to hear that you're starting to see your very extended family after all the Covid restrictions.

 

Thank you again for all the work you have done over the years,

 

Kind regards,

....

Hi Janet C,

 

I am writing to you to say thank you very much for the quilt you made for me which I recently received in the mail.

 

I was so pleasantly surprised when I opened the parcel and saw the club emblem perfectly placed as the centrepiece of the quilt.

 

Then to read your letter and understand that not only are you an avid supported of the club, but you grandfather played for West Torrens! Wow!!!

 

My father took me to nearly every game Torrens played at Thebby through out the late 70s and 80s as I was growing up, and have been a member of the Woodville West Torrens club for almost 30 years, and attend most games.

 

I have worked for Defence for nearly 33 years, and this is my second deployment in SA in 2 and a half years; I have spent 12 months overseas so far during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

 

I wish to thank you again for the fantastic quilt you made for me which will always be special to me and to give my appreciation to Aussie Hero Quilts for the great job they do and the happiness they bring to the members deployed. Everyone gets so excited to see the quilts.

 

Thank you,


....

 

(The following is a report on a presentation of quilts and LBs)


Hi Jan-Maree B, 


Toni F & myself (Jenny A) presented two gentlemen (veterans) with their quilts & Laundry bags last Thursday afternoon. They were absolutely thrilled with them, the older of the two got very emotional and was in tears when he was given his quilt, it was so touching to see. They both live on the same street but didn’t know each other for a long time but are now friends.
They had afternoon tea set up on the dining table for us which was lovely! One of the gentlemen had many stories of his time in the Army and is still a very knowledgeable man, he wanted to know when we were popping in again for a cup of tea. LOL 
Regards

(Although many photos were taken on the day, the gentlemen 
did not want them on social media.  These are the quilts and LBs that were presented)  

Both quilts by Bobbie S & her mystery group, quilted by Philomena
 and badges by Kerri B



LBs by Bridget R

....


You might recognise this couple from last week's blog!  This week the recipient is showing off her laundry bag with her ever faithful side-kick posing beautifully!

....

That's another awesome week of beautiful thank yous.

Keep those letters, emails and photos coming in.

🌟 🌟 🌟

No comments:

Post a Comment