Tuesday 2 February 2021

Grati-Tuesday 2nd February 2021

                                                                    Hello Friends! 

After 2 weeks off and some major surgery, I am back! I hope you haven't missed me, as I know the girls have been doing a fabulous job in my absence! Thank you ladies, especially Catherine, taking over the work on the blog and training up some new girls while I sit back and relax.

I have definitely missed seeing all the gorgeous letters coming in, and being able to read them before we see them on the blog, so glad to be back.

Well that's all from me, sit back, enjoy the read and don't forget as always, leave us a comment, share or even just like the post, it helps continue to spread the word! Alex x

.... 


Hi Catherine

Quilt has arrived, and it is spectacular, just what I was hoping for. 

Can you please pass my thanks to Marianne for her wonderful work, she really nailed the brief and we were so very pleased to receive this. Also my thanks to you and everyone else on the team. You all do great work and it is very much appreciated.

.... 


Good Afternoon Debra

Thank you so much for the quilt and laundry bag, they made me a very happy man. I love the Australiana patchwork with the Rising Sun and Joey. It takes me back to hot summer days and hot dry school holidays. 

I am very impressed with your massive effort of 8 years and 70 Aussie Heroes in receipt of your beautiful work. This is just amazing and thank you so much for your support.

I am the Company Sergeant Major of the Log Element over here. 

Thanks again, you have put a massive smile on my face and generous people like you have put smiles on all my diggers face.

Cheers.

.... 


Good Morning Ellen,

I am a Sergeant serving the Royal Australian Air Force. Firstly, thank you for your tireless efforts to support serving members of the ADF and thank you for your letter. 

The laundry bag you made will be put to great use over the coming months while I complete my current duty. I have served almost thirty years with the Air Force. With less than three years until compulsory retirement, I hopefully one day, will get to thank you during my travels around Australia.

Once again, thank you for your time and the laundry bag. It will certainly be put to good use.

Yours Sincerely.

.... 


Good Morning Catherine,

Thank you for your kind email, just letting you know that I received my laundry bag yesterday and it looks brilliant! Very happy with the way it turned out.

I will be sending a letter to the wonderful lady who made it for me to give my thanks.

Thank you for all the hard work you and the team do, to support troops all over the world. It definitely brings morale to the troops, so we say thank you.

Kind Regards.

.... 


Hello Gayle!

I wanted to send you an email thanking you for the awesome Pirate themed quilt, you put your time and effort into making for me. In the last month of my deployment we copped a decent downpour, as the area moved into rainy season. Unfortunately for me, the room I was staying in had a sneaky little hole in the roof that happened to be right above my laptop and phone, covering them both in water and damaging. I've been able to replace them since returning to Australia.

My wife, sent me a heap of pictures of the quilt when she received it, it is so awesome. I even showed a bunch of the guys I was working with. I really wanted to say thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into making it for me, I really appreciate it and have been looking forward to seeing it in person, when I eventually get out isolation and back home.

I imagine that the pirate theme is a little bit different to see, the idea came about because we would work 7 days a week, not terribly long or gruelling hours but everyday there would be work in some form that we'd need to get done. As we didn't have weekends to break up each week, we would hold a movie marathon night each Saturday that would symbolise the end of another week deployed. During these nights, the Pirates of Caribbean would come up frequently and were always my favourite.

Around the time of my request, we were also getting closer to Halloween so all the props were being brought in preparation to celebrate it. As a small gift, I was given a little plastic pirate skeleton from one of my mates. All of this got me interested in pirates and is what influenced me to put the request in.

A little about myself, I am 30 years old and have been an engineer in the Australian Defence Force (Army) for almost 7 years now. I currently live with my wife, in NSW, and for 8 years, she has been a teacher and is currently looking after pre-school kids. Originally, we lived/ grew up in Victoria, and after enlisting we moved to Queensland for a few years and have now been living in NSW since 2019. We're looking at purchasing a house in Victoria to eventually move into permanently after the ADF career has run it's course.

With COVID running rampant, this year has been extremely difficult and I sincerely hope that you and your family haven't been affected to badly by it. My parents are in their early 70's and have had to significantly change how they live to make sure they don't catch it or pass it on to others. 2020 hasn't been a great year, here's hoping 2021 will make up for it.

Again, thank you very much for what you've done for me and I appreciate it. I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

.... 


Good Afternoon Beverley,

I received the wonderful quilt you made for me today. Words cannot express how happy I am, thank you!

The quilt is wonderful in every way. I particularly love the stitch work and combination of both star wars and star trek.

It was very nice to read about you. 

Thank you so much.

.... 


G'day Catherine,

Thank you so much for my quilt! It is going straight into the pool room.

Thank you for your endless work for the soldiers previous/currently deployed. 

Kind Regards

.... 


Hi Heather

Thank you so much for the quilt and laundry bag and the lovely letter that I received a few weeks ago, apologies that I am only now getting a chance to write to you. 

Both the quilt and the bag are just what I had envisioned and I love the paw print material. Our deployment dog has been a real positive in my life while deployed here in the Middle East, especially with COVID having affected so many aspects of normality. He was found out at one of the remote sites over here as a few months old puppy which was when we had first arrived back mid last year. He has grown into a cheeky but loveable 8 month old who rules the roost in our accomodation. I have grown to love him very much and will miss him terribly when I return home.

I joined the RAAF as a clerk, in 2013, and took my first posting to NSW where I stayed until 2018. I then posted to Northern Territory in 2019 and will be due out in 2022. This is my second time deployed overseas. My last trip took me to the UAE and was the first time I had left Australia. I have a familial connection to the Defence Force having both my Grandfathers saw time in WWII. One in the Navy as a Chief Stoker and the other in the Army as a cook. I don't know too much about my Grandfather's time in the Navy but I do know that my Grandfather in the Army was in Northern Territory on a hospital ship during the bombings and survived. I also have an Uncle who served in the Navy and spent most of his career based in Asia with the submarines. He was involved in commissioning the O Class Subs and having brought them back to Australia. I now, have a cousin who serves in the Army as a Technician on the Aircrafts.

Thank you again for the amazing quilt and laundry bag. 

Best wishes.

.... 


Dear Marianne,

I've received my laundry bag from you, it was the beach themed design with a palm tree. I love it! I've been showing everyone the design, I think it's fantastic. 

You've done such an amazing job. Your work makes a trip like this so memorable.

Sincerely

.... 


Hi Marianne,

Thank you for the amazing quilt. It has been a much needed addition to my bed. The forestry pattern looks and feels great. I'm glad you were able to find 'inspiration' with the forest design.

I hope you are going well.

Kind Regards.

.... 


Hi Sally,

I want to start off by thanking you for my quilt. It blew my mind and exceeded any expectations I may have had on what it would look like, so again thank you.

Unfortunately, it didn't reach me in time to be able to use it while I was in the Middle East, but it arrived at my home location and since then, it has been displayed proudly in my house.

A little about myself, I was born and grew up in South Australia, with my parents and younger sister. In 2006, we all moved to Victoria due to Dad getting transferred with his job. I joined the RAAF in 2009, as a Communication and Information systems controller which at the time, focussed a lot on radio communications but as the years have gone by it has become more IT based.

I am married and have two young boys aged 4 and 2. They thought the quilt was for them, and absolutely love it too.

Upon graduating from my trade training, I was posted to NSW until 2014 before posting back to South Australia. In 2014, I deployed to the Middle East for 8 months as the CPL responsible for IT networks in location before returning home. 

While in South Australia, I supported the AP3-C Orion and P8-A Poseidon managing their ICT and Mission data. I also did a variety of exercises and operations and deployed overseas to multiple locations including Asia, US, and places around Australia such as Western Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory and NSW. 

Early last year, I posted to Northern Territory, before deploying to the Middle East supporting the Army.

This time around in the Middle East was a lot more interesting due to COVID and the restrictions placed on us over there but like the rest of the country, and world has had to do for the majority of the year, we adapted and made the best out of the situation we had.

Again, thank you very much for my quilt, you did an amazing job as does everyone else within the Aussie Hero Quilts organisation.

Regards.

.... 


Dear Beverly,

I am an Air Force officer currently deployed on Operation Accordion in the Middle East. I have been the lucky recipient of an Aussie Hero Quilt. The quilt you made me is now one of my dearest possessions, as it provides a lasting reminder that the sacrifices we all make whilst deployed are appreciated.

For all of us deployed, the receipt of an Aussie Hero Quilt is a significant milestone within the deployment. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the time and effort required to make my quilt. The quality, detail and thought that has been put into this quilt means the world to me.

This is my first operational deployment since joining the Royal Australian Air Force. For me, it is an exciting opportunity however, it comes with a degree of sacrifice. I have been here in the Middle East for around 4 months, and only part way through my deployment. Whilst over here, I am working with the Joint Operations Room attached to the Headquarters element as a Watchkeeper. The role of a Watchkeeper is to provide situational awareness across the Middle East and ensure that key messages are communicated throughout the operational theatre.

When I am in Australia, I enjoy spending time with my fiancee, and walking my Greyhound who is spoilt rotten. Upon my return, I am looking forward to getting married and heading north on a camping trip to enjoy some of the great landscapes around Australia. The quilt you made me featured so much of what I love back home, and was a perfect reminder of what I have to look forward to upon my return.

Aussie Hero Quilts provide all of us deployed with a reminder that we are not forgotten by those back home. Thank you very much and I hope 2021 is a happy and prosperous year for you and your family.

.... 


G'day Ruth,

I am a member of the Australian Defence Force. I have been in the Defence Force for 28 years so far with stints in the Army (25 years) and Air Force (3 years). I, also am a Granddad of 2; a 4 year old girl and 13 week old little boy. 

I am writing to you as I have just received my laundry bag. I am extremely happy with the way it turned out. 

On behalf of all ADF I would like to thank you and all the staff who put in the time to make these items for us, it is much appreciated. 

Again, thank you for my item.

Kind Regards.

.... 


Dearest Robyn,


Thank you SO SO SO much for my beautiful laundry bag! It is so sweet, and I love the echidna. You have done an amazing job.


Those of you who take the time out of your day to put together such beautiful gifts are such wonderful members of our community; and we are all truly grateful.


A little bit about me- I joined the Air Force in 1991 and am happy to say I love every minute of it and have no immediate plans to leave. I have 2 children. One lives in QLD and has just recently embarked on her Army Career and the other has just started University. Both are my pride and joy and I miss them terribly.


We have been fortunate enough to have been able to keep abreast of the COVID situation at home. I am currently living in NSW and I really do love where I live. It is such a peaceful area and our house backs onto a golf course. The bird life is amazing and keeps me entertained!! My partner and I have only been there for a short time and we were in QLD prior to that. QLD for me is home, but I am certainly enjoying it as much as I can in the area. It certainly fits in with my love of nature and Australian wildlife. The area is certainly blessed with the beauty that our great country offers- we need to continue to protect its beauty and rarity for as long as we can.


I have a passion for animal welfare and used to volunteer for the RSPCA. A very hard environment to operate in but worthy of our efforts, nonetheless. I have 2 dogs, one 15 and one 8. I miss them more than anything!! There is nothing sweeter than seeing the wagging tail as you come home from work each day and the warmth of their hugs when it is cold.


I can’t thank you enough for helping make this long trip a more enjoyable one. Thank you also for your blessings and prayers.


With Sincere Gratitude

.... 


G'Day Ruth, 


   I am a member of the Australian Defence Force. I have been in the Defence Force for 28 years so far with stints in the Army and the Air Force. I also am a Grand Dad of 2. I am writing to you as I have just received my Laundry Bag. I am extremely happy with the way it has turned out. I hope it wasn't too hard for you to make, (being a Port supporter) HAHAHAHA. On behalf of all ADF Members I would like to Thank you and all the staff the put in the time to make these items for us, It is much appreciated and again Thank you for my Item.


Kind Regards

.... 


Good evening Lyn,

 

I would like to thank you so very much for my lovely Quilt you hand made for me. The pattern and colour is so beautiful and thoughtful. Thank you for your lovely letter and letting me know your background. Hopefully you are well throughout this Covid 19 situation. We all need to stay strong and look after each other. 


Kind Regards 

.... 


G'day Aussie Hero Quilts,


I just wanted to say thank you very much for an awesome quilt and laundry bag!

The ladies have done an amazing job! I was delighted and surprised that they had  personalised the design and they have nailed it.


For the first time in 33 years, I actually enjoy making my bed.


Thank you very much you all do amazing work!

.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment