Tuesday 22 September 2020

Grati-Tuesday 22 September 2020

 

Do you ever get tired of reading the thank you messages? I know I don't.

It's nice to know that what we do is so appreciated and well received.

Don't forget to like, comment and share the word, we love being able to keep doing what we do! Enjoy the read! Alex

.... 


Hi Sally,

Thank you very much for the Aussie Hero Quilt! It looks awesome. You've done an amazing job and I absolutely love it! I've even taken a photo for my family back at home and they were all amazed. It's amazing to know that even in these tough times there are still wonderful people like yourself and the Aussie Hero Quilt Team who are willing to support us. I've talked to and seen a few other work mates quilts and they are all very appreciative and love their quilts; it definitely brightens the room. Thank you very much!

This is my second deployment here. My squadron help and maintain and operate aircrafts, which supports the coalition in managing the airspace in the Middle East; my main job is to fix and maintain the plane. Our rotation has been 'lucky' enough to come in during COVID-19 when everything was closed, so we've experienced the positive change of getting certain privileges back. We still confined to the base, so pretty much all our daily essentials comes  from one little shop, where we request items in. All in all the Defence Force has done an excellent job here in light of the whole situation.

The weather here is currently peak summer, constantly floating around 35-49 degrees and as we work outside on the airstrip, the temps on the ground get around 75 - 80 degrees, the plus sides are I'm getting a wicked tan and don't really need to work out too much!

A bit about myself; I was born in Asia and moved to Victoria at a young age; the family moved around and finally settled in NSW. Most of my family still live in NSW but my older sister moved back to Victoria. Pre-COVID, my parents would take frequent trips to visit her and I and treat our houses like holiday houses (I live by myself so the company definitely helps and I think I'm in the sweet spot where I am 'far' enough but 'close' enough). Recently, we've been going down to Victoria more often, as my sister had a baby girl (currently 2 years old) and she's at that age where they grow up too quick and are way too funny. The family is pretty keen on heading back down to Victoria around Christmas (fingers crossed).

Unfortunately the mailing situation here isn't the best (limited flights in and out) so I figured it would be better to email you this letter instead of posting it, my writing is horrible too so definitely agree with typing and taking the easy way out.

Please take care of yourself and hopefully all your family are doing well during these COVID times, we constantly see in the news that part of the country has a pretty serious second outbreak. Thank you once again, for your generosity and excellent work, and I hope you can continue to make many excellent quilts so all the other deployed members can experience the same joy I had!

Take care.


.... 


Hi Lorraine,

Just a quick note to say thank you for the laundry bag. I appreciate it greatly. 

I have had uncle serve in the boar war and WW1 and my great grandfather serve in WW2.

My service began in 1998 were I joined as a Calvary crewmen. I have since transferred to be an auto electrician. I have deployed twice to the Middle East. I was also part of the Queensland flood assist last year.

I have received a few gift packages over the years and it is fantastic that organisations like yours are part of continued support the men and women of the ADF.

So again, thank you for your continued support.


.... 

Good Afternoon Ellen,

I am an officer in the Royal Australian Navy. Since I deployed more than six weeks ago I've used the laundry bag you made for me everyday. Thank you.

Where am I deployed to? The NSW border of all places. Our mission has been to support the NSW Police Force as they run the vehicle check points along the border, a small part of a big effort to assist civilian agencies deal with COVID-19. This is my second deployment this year, between November 2019 - March 2020 I was deployed in the Middle East. All up I have been away from home for more than 200 nights in the past twelve months.

But I return home tomorrow! I cannot wait to see my wife and our boys, aged 5 and 3. I am looking forward to spending the next week on leave renovating our camper trailer so we can go camping as a family this Spring. Until this time last year we were posted to the Northern Territory where we regularly camped as a family. I can't wait for us to get back into camping in the ACT and NSW.

Thanks again for taking the time to make and send me the laundry bag and for the encouragement it provided.

Regards.

.... 


Good Morning Toni,

I would like to say a massive thank you for the laundry bag I received, I have been slow at getting back to you so my apologies.

It was really such a great morale boost, I loved reading a little bit about yourself so I will provide my background as well.

I grew up in Tasmania. Upon joining the RAAF in 2017 following in my sisters footsteps I posted to NSW where I have spent time learning my craft. I have a big career change next year so that is exciting. My partner is a nurse and has spent time at a few hospitals in Sydney so that has kept her busy while I've been here.

I know all the troops here enjoy the bags and quilts it really is something special so thanks again.

Regards.

.... 


Hi Lynn and Wendy,

Just letting you know that my quilt has arrived.

The quilt is truly amazing the design is awesome, I couldn't have asked for anything else. I feel bad actually using it. I love it so much.

You have both done an outstanding job and I feel honoured that you have taken time and effort to make me such a keepsake. I truly am appreciative of your quilt. It's a tremendous privilege, it is evident that you have both spent some time sewing the quilt with poppy stitching and coming up with the design.

My job is very interesting, I spend a lot of time talking to other tasks groups and meeting lots of people, so it makes the time fly.

Aussie Hero Quilts workers help brighten not just our living quarters but also our morale. Thank you.

I just cannot emphasise enough how much I adore the design, thank you to the 'Field Girls'.

May you both stay safe and healthy.

.... 


Hello Lisa and Ann,

Thank you so much for making and sending me my hero quilt. I received it safe and sound on the last mail delivery and it is now proudly displayed on the wall in my room.

Thank you also for sharing some information about yourself and your family. The service you provide volunteering your time and skills to make Hero Quilts for deployed personnel is greatly appreciated by myself and the others here on deployment and you should be extremely proud of yourself. I absolutely love the quilt you have created for me, it will be a lasting memory of my deployment and something I will cherish for years to come.

This is my fourth deployment overseas, I am a RAAF Chef and have served for 25 years. I am the first in my family to join the military, whilst it can be difficult to be away from family for extended periods it is something that I have enjoyed and am very proud of. I have a wife and two adult daughters, my youngest daughter turned 18 shortly after I departed for my current deployment. Missing milestones like birthdays etc can be hard, luckily I have a very understanding family. My mother in law makes quilts also, I can't wait to show her the quilt you have made for me. My wife is a registered nurse, her father also served in the RAAF for 20 years. 

I currently live in ACT, although I am a devoted Brisbane Lions supporter and enjoy snow skiing in my spare time in winter.

Thanks again for the amazing quilt.

Kind Regards.

.... 


Dear Jen,

Thank you so much for the beautiful quilt.

The time and effort was so appreciated, it is absolutely beautiful and something that will be cherished forever. 

You are truly talented and such a beautiful person.

Much love.

.... 


Hi Ruth,

I was pleasantly surprised when I was handed a lovely custom made laundry bag yesterday!

Thank you for thinking of Service personnel like me - a personalised bag like this means a lot, and I will cherish this for years to come. Gestures like this means more to us than any public accolades or events.

Thank you again and take care

Kind Regards.

.... 


From a Mum on Facebook;

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the quilt and laundry bag, made for my son in the Middle East. He is so proud of it, think it's absolutely amazing, awesome, it will definitely have pride of place, in a very  conspicuous place when he returns. 

At the moment it is on his bed, keeping him warm as the nights get cooler over there. From a very proud grateful mum.

.... 


Good Morning Ruth,

Sorry for putting you through the pain of creating with North Melbourne but I do understand Port Power supporters are special. My mum is one to.. LOL..

It is really nice knowing people at home are remembering us troops that are away on deployment, we all enjoy seeing the happiness it brings to each and every one of us.

My dog will be very happy that she was mentioned on my laundry bag.

Regards.

.... 


Greetings from overseas,

I just wanted to send you an email and let you know how much I appreciate the work that you put in on my laundry bag, and all the hard work that goes into all your projects for everyone of us overseas!

My family are from New South Wales so I try to get back there as much as I can but not so easy at this time due to COVID.

I chose your laundry bag because it appealed to me as I love my Aussie background and love the patterns.

Thanks again Jenny, for your excellent work, and Jan-Maree for being apart of Aussie Hero Quilts!

Cheers.

.... 


Hi Judy,

I am a Naval Police Officer about to head on operation - and was fortunate to receive one of your laundry bags.

I just wanted to pass on a massive thank you for this and your kind words. It is very much appreciated. Please keep up your good work - things like this mean a lot to all Sailors, Airman and Soldiers, as it's a little bit of home and normality when we're away with work.

Once again, thank you and all the best!

Regards.

.... 


Just want to let you know that I really appreciate all the trouble you took to make me such a wonderful gift. 

Thanks a tonne.


.... 


Thanks Clarissa

We love our bags! With much thanks!

.... 


Hi Jan-Maree and team,

Thank you, today I received another two quilts to give to our wounded heroes. That makes all four arriving safely.

It is one of those times where I am excited to receive them and very thankful for the love and work that go into making them. I do pray that we never have to give them out, because people are kept safe.

Again thank you for the work you do in supporting our deployed members.

.... 


Dear Catherine,

The quilt arrived today. I called him home from work telling him a special delivery had arrived. He was soooo surprised, wowed and in awe. He was so touched by the sentiment and loved the design.

Thank you to Bennie for making this beautiful quilt and the wonderful letter that came with it. It has touched our hearts more than you could imagine.

Thank you to the whole Aussie Hero Quilt team for all that you do. A service that is greatly appreciated.

.... 


Dear Catherine,

Thank you. We are popping a note into Bennie in the mail to thank her personally. I have to say, I've never seen him so speechless. The design was perfect with the personalised note from Bennie just beautiful.

We have spent two years in the States and now two years in the Northern Territory; away from family and friends. Having something made especially for him with love and care has made our time away worth it.

Bless you for all the work you do.

Stay safe.


.... 


Hi

Would love to send a big thank you to Aussie Hero Quilts for the beautiful quilt I received and big hugs to Bev and Geoff for the fantastic design.

I received my quilt awhile ago and wanted to show it hanging unfortunately I haven't been able to do this. 

Please know that this quilt means so much to me.


.... 


Hi Heather,

Firstly, thank you so much for the amazing quilt that you took the time to make for me. I love it! It arrived it a few days ago and I already have it on display on my bed.

The idea of the mosaic patterns and the blues and greens absolutely represent the coast line of Cyprus. Green is also my favourite colour which makes it even more special.

I think that anyone that can sew is very talented. I cannot sew to save my life! Sewing a button is a big deal for me! I have always said I would love to make a quilt but I fear I lack the skill to make it happen!

My husband is also in the military (also deployed right now - not with me unfortunately) and together  we were posted to Queensland from 2013-2018. We miss it and hope to post back there one day.

My family have remained relatively untoched through COVID which has made being over here a little easier and something less to worry about. COVID happened not long after we arrived here, so unfortunately we have been unable to travel home to see family this year. My husband and I are both due home at the end of the year, so it will be nice to finally get home to see the kids and family.

Thank you again for the wonderful quilt. It is something that I will cherish from my time here. 

Take care.

.... 


Hello Sonia,

I am grateful to recieve your laundry bag and your letter.

It did brighten my day.

It was great to receive a gift and thank you. I'm really glad that you put the effort in to make the bag for a total stranger. 

Thank you very much. I wish you all the best. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Yours truly.



No comments:

Post a Comment