Saturday 12 October 2019

Discount for Defence Members, Past and Present.


I tried sharing this to the Facebook page with no luck for some reason so here it is as a blog post.. for Canberrans or those coming to Canberra.....

Last night my husband and I went to dinner with dear friends who are RAAF recipients and one of their wives.

When we got to the restaurant I noted that they had aeroplane pasta and I suggested that was why my friends chose the restaurant.

Of course, when the time came to order their meals they requested aeroplane pasta but were told it was for children only. When they explained that they were in the RAAF the manager, Henry, said "of course they can have it". 

Later Henry made the time to come over to the table and when he discovered that five out of the six of us were serving or past serving he was very interested and respectful. He asked where my friends had deployed to. When I explained that my husband and I had served in an era of few deployments he said "that doesn't matter, you still served."  How refreshing to hear that from a young man.

During the conversation my friends told Henry about Aussie Heroes and I gave him my card. He was very interested as again, my friends explained about AHQ and what we do and how much it meant to them to receive their quilts whilst overseas.

We had a wonderful night. Great conversation with dear friends and the food was delicious. I had the zoodles, zucchini spaghetti and the Rocky Road dessert was TO DIE FOR, just saying....

If you are looking for a lovely pasta and pizza meal in the Canberra Centre head into Vapianos.  All serving members past and present just need to tell the staff you are ADF and you will receive a discount. 

Note Vapiano is a cashless restaurant so you will need a credit card or some other electronic payment method.

I think it is great to support the businesses that support us.

Cheers

Jan-Maree xx




No comments:

Post a Comment