Monday 22 January 2018

Aussie Hero Quilts Requests 22 Jan 18

 Hi all

NOTE – if you are checking the request list from the blog and if you receive the blog via email DO NOT try to reply to me via that email.  It will not work. You need to use friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag.  
For example….

Marvel Theme. Ironman
M
LB
1


This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…   Marvel Theme. Ironman  M  LB  1


B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

Laundry Bags

For those of you who like to make random laundry bags it is time to look at sending some more the Malaysia. I normally send about 12-140 to our Rifle Company at RMAF Base Butterworth every three months.   I have to get a bit ahead of myself this time as I will be moving house in three months time. So if you would like to make some random, gender neutral laundry bags to go to Malaysia please let me know. It is important that you understand that to do this you will need to cover the cost of postage to from your location to Sydney.  Your postie will be able to tell you how much that is depending on how any bags you want to send. Alternately if you are in Sydney you can drop them in to me and I can send them from here. If you are interested please let me know.

Priority items

No’s 2-31 are all required to be in the mail no later than then end of February.  I know that the post by date for this week is 26 Feb so we do not have much leeway.   Let’s see what we can do.

Post by Date

The post by date for ALL items on this request list is 26 February please.

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.

Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, HMAS Warramunga crest and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.

I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.

Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.



Green and white with TAJI 6 on it
M
LB
1A
Newcastle knights - Red, white and blue
M
LB
1B
Engineer Badge (from JMB) red and blue
M
LB
1C

vikings

LB
1E
I’m a big fan of dogs other than that no preference.
M
LB
1F
RAE Corps Badge (from JMB) red and blue
F
LB
1G
"2nd Cavalry Regiment badge (from JMB)
M
LB
1H
Australian flag and the Army rising sun on it OR Qantas Wallabies rugby team OR Star Wars - specifically Boba Fett/BB-8/Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker/lightsabers etc. My favourite colours are black, blue and red.
M
LB
1I
Army Medic Theme, multi-coloured, with Afghanistan, Kabul Nov 17 - Jul 18.
M
LB
1J
Aussie Flag
M
LB
1K
Melbourne Storm or Goku
M
LB
1L
Preferably blue and green "Op OKRA - Iraq 2017/18"
M
LB
1M
Simpsons Family and in corner: "Op OKRA - Iraq 2017/18"
M
LB
1N
QLD
M
LB
1O
first deployment, loves pink and her two gorgeous dogs, photos and names available (optional).
F
LB
1P
RAAF Ensign, RAN Ensign,  Royal Engineers Unit Patch  (simple patch to piece - five horizontal stripes)
Male
Q
2
Desert background with F/A 18 Aircraft and Australian Flag with Poppies
Male
Q
3
Aussie army theme with Rising Sun
M
Q
4
Aus military themed, ground combat images (soldier with weapon-JMB can send a silhouette you can applique) poppies, southern cross - green / black / blue colour theme
Male
Q
5
Brisbane Broncos / North Queensland Cowboys
Male
Q
6
Australian Coat of Arms (from JMB), Southern Cross, VB logo, Vegemite logo, Carlton Draught logo
Male
Q
7
Manly supporter, Cars and motr bikes
M
Q
8
 North Queensland Cowboys, Queensland Maroons
Favourite Colour: Blue
M
Q
9
Essendon FC
M
Q
10
Melbourne Demons
M
Q
11
I love Australian birds like the lorikeet, galah, kookaburra and currawong. Aussie flowers
F
Q
12
1SQN patch(from JMB) , lightning bolts, black & yellow, pitcure of F18-F
M
Q
13
Dark Blue, Sky Blue, Purple, Orange
Born in Victoria, Patriotic Australian. Proud of RAAF history and tradition. RAAF ensign or RAAF crest (from JMB)  Australian Flag.
M
Q
14
Sunflowers, Pineapples, Palm trees, French bulldogs,
F
B
15
My favourite colours are blue and pink, my nickname is princess and I like our aircraft (KC30) and Disney princess (little mermaid).
M
B
16
large F-18F and R34 skyline, 1sqn patch (from JMB)
M
Q
17
Broncos
M
Q
18
Taz and  Batman
Fav colours. Red, black, blue,yellow brown.
Footy teams AFL Carlton
Australian flag
M
Q
19
North Queensland cowboys, with the team colours and logo
M
Q
20
Navy Blue, Gold and White (RAN Colours). Nautical themed to reflect my 24.5 years of Navy service.
M
Q
21
Australian Flag, Poppies, Aircraft
Female
Q
22
Nissan Silvia's S13, S14 and S15, Mazda RX-7 RocketBunny, and JDM Paraphernalia (JMB can print some photos on fabric for this one. Favorite colours are Orange, Purple, Blue and Gold
M
Q
23
Green and gold with Australian Coat of Arms (from JMB)
M
Q
24
Outback 4x4 exploring/camping in my Landcruiser and mountain bike riding in the blue mountains
M
Q
25
top half "ALL BLACKS" and the NZ silver fern with bottom half Queensland Cowboys NRL 
M
Q
26
scenic designes/colours for Australian east coast beaches and ocean.
F
Q
27
1SQN Patch (from JMB), lightning bolts, hornet, black and yellow
M
Q
28
blue, green, red and white  anything astronomical (planets, satellites etc)
M
Q
29
Pastel colour/feminine theme, geometric triangles. poppies and irises, camels and kangaroos
F
Q
31
Aussie Flag / Southern Cross / Eureka stockade flag with 'Boxing Kangaroo' and/or Air Force 'red kangaroo' roundel / Eagle with Iraq and Afghanistan maps
M
Q
32
avengers/superheroes
M
Q
34
CAPT America and Iron Man with "Mason" on it please
M
Q
35
NRL, North Queensland cowboys and love good quality craft beer. I’m an avid home brewer.
M
Q
36
Love animals, especially dogs and birds. Please can you include my husband and son' names and the years 2017-2018
F
Q
37
Camo patterns with orange grey blue
M
Q
38
prefers spearfishing and free diving
M
Q
39
fast jet pilot and a keen cyclist, cycling
M
B
41
Bright colours, flowers, Australian desserts and lollies (aka tim tams, iced vovos), Harry Potter. Request 'EAOU-2' to be written on quilt.
F
Q
42
Bright Colours, Blue, references to RAAF, Planes
M
Q
43
Light and bright colour theme, EAOU emblem, Australian flag, RAAF Crest, Poppies, echidnas, my name  and deployment dates - any or all of these inclusions are greatly appreciated.
F
Q
45
My favourite colour is blue, maybe something airforce themed with OP ACCORDIAN OCT 17 - MAY 18.
The hardest thing I am finding at the moment is being away from my 3 puppies, Jetthrow my Siberian husky, Zacc my Beagle x Kelpie and my youngest Scout my other Beagle x Kelpie, So my biggest request would be something like their names and some paw prints on them.
F
B
46
I like olympic weightlifting, colors is red,black,yellow,white,blue. Any other colors that would suit.
M
B
47
NSW Flag
M
Q
48
I do clay target shooting for a sport and I use a Perazzi shotgun. Perazzi logo with a clay target shooting theme?
M
Q
49
 Phteven Dog Meme theme. The Phteven dog with word Phteven underneath him. Can dress him up a bit with colours or bow tie. Alternativly a Rick and Morty Theme. Thank you
M
Q
50
Military Working Dog Theme -  Belgian Malinios breed  - on Patrol or Malinios Sillioett/ Sunrise/ Sunset
M
B
51
I love floral patterns, the beach and summer! My fav colours are pink, yellow, blue and green
F
Q
52
Deadpool and Krav Maga (Israeli mixed martial art).
F
Q
53
beach, hockey, purple, flowers, sausage dogs - I have a mini sausage dog.
F
Q
54
 If I could request the words ‘EAOU-2’ ‘AIR LOAD TEAM’ ‘Op Accordion 17-18’ and ‘TJ’ that would be awesome. My favourite colour is purple. I would love a Aussie flag also, maybe a camel and an C130 too. I also like soccer if that helps.
F
Q
55
Air Advisor with TAAC-AIR Patch with deployment dates on Red/Black and Green Background
M
Q
56
I would love something with my dog Lync and red poppies.  (Dog photos available
F
Q
57
shades of purple - lillies / orchids / hibiscus flowers
M
Q
58
soft colours and like Australian flora and fauna
M
Q
59
Superheroes Dark Blue
M
Q
60
Aussie Flag / Southern Cross / Eureka stockade flag with 'Boxing Kangaroo' and/or Air Force 'red kangaroo' roundel / Eagle with Iraq and Afghanistan maps
M
Q
61
shades of purple/blue/teal - dragonflies / orchards.
M
Q
62
RAEME corp flag which is Royal blue on top third, yellow middle third and red bottom third.
RAEME Corp badge in the middle - JMB can send you the RAEME Badge
M
Q
63
blue, Ricky and Morty OR  Superheroes, Marvel (Wolverine Fan)
M
Q
64
I'm hobbies are going to the beach,I love the outdoors, My favourite colour is blue, i love Paris/ London,and I like the poppies or roses and I absolutely love my family! I am so excited to see what they will turn out like!
F
Q
66
Essendon Bombers
M
Q
67
seattle seahawks colours - white, silver, blue and bright green
M
B
68
Manly Sea Eaglels - Maroon and white
M
B
69
The number 66 with Camo Pattern ( I can send you a little)
M
Q
70
Brisbane Broncos with the Number 66
F
Q
71
Navy Crest with the name  and date
M
Q
72
"JUDO" in writing with a silhouette of the sport
M
Q
73
Op Manitou, ROT 66, Boarding Party Ships Diver (Possibly a dive helmet or similiar) Fleur-de-lis  A spartan / gladiator helmet
M
Q
74
 "MOANA" themed
M
Q
75
Sunset / Beach theme with nickname
written on it
F
Q
76
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in the Jungle.
M
Q
77
bears (not cutesy ones)
M
Q
78
Sailing, surfing,spearfishing theme with a Koala spearfishing, kangaroo surfing and a single man sailin in a yacht and Warramunga's side number 152
M
Q
79
Thomas the tank engine, planes (Jets),
wording saying "Oh the places you'll go"
with the son's name  on it with
wording "Love Dad"
M
Q
80



No comments:

Post a Comment