Friday 27 January 2017

Adelaide.... details etc

Hi All
As I told you last week, I am making a very quick visit to Adelaide as the guest of the South Australia Quilter's Guild. I arrive on Wednesday the first and we have planned a catch up dinner at a restaurant in St Morris that night.  

So far I have a few people coming....as well as myself I have the following on the list..

Jacqui and Dan (custodians of Frank, the laundry bag, if you remember him...how could you forget)
H... yes that is what they call him.. and he is one of our lovely RAAF recipients.
Su J
Raeleen W
Ellen 

Rosemary H
and 
Julie Ann

If anyone else would like to join us please let me know so that I can finalise the numbers for the booking.   I need to know by tomorrow night please (Saturday night).

On the Thursday I have been invited to visit 7RAR which is very special seeing as we have looked after the Porky 7's twice now.  The first time was when they were in Tarin Kot and then more recently with their deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq.  We have a new group in Iraq at the moment so standby for more Porky 7 requests.

On Thursday night I will be speaking to the South Australian Quilters Guild.  I will be joined by some of our recipients from 7RAR as well as the lovely H, mentioned above. 

That meeting will be at the Burnside Town Hall, 401 Greenhill Road, Tusmore.  The doors open at 715pm.  This would give you time to check out the quilt show as each meeting a different shop attends.  After the meeting you are invited to stay for a cuppa and the website reminds you to bring your own cup!  I believe there is a small charge ($5?) for visitors. 

I leave on Friday morning so no time for catch ups then I am afraid.

I am looking forward to catching up with those of you who can make it, as well as meeting the ladies from the South Australian Quilter's Guild.

Please EMAIL me (friendsofAHQ@gmail.com) if you want to attend any of the above.

Till next time..... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree  xx




1 comment: