Thursday 10 March 2016

Glenbrook Visit, my Investiture and sewing days......

G'day all.

Busy, busy here at Aussie Heroes Headquarters but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

A  visit to RAAF Glenbrook



As I told you all back in mid February, Aussie Hero Friends have been invited to visit RAAF personnel at Air Command in Glenbrook.   

Arrangements are being firmed up as we go. 

Details are now as follows:

Friday the 1st of April

Morning Tea/Light Lunch 

 1100 to 1300.   

The date is being chosen to enable at least one senior RAAF officer from Canberra to be present as I am told that he/they would like to meet you all. 

I have received quite a number of expressions of interest. 

Now that the date is firm can you please email me again (friendsofAHQ@gmail.com) and confirm your place for the day.   

RSVP 25 March please to the above email address.
Please do not tell me verbally - I will not remember!

There MAY be an option to travel from my home in the Sydney Hills District by bus depending on numbers.  If you would be interested in taking up this option please let me know in the same email. Also, in case the bus is not available please advise if you are happy to drive others from ether my home or your location. Perhaps we can arrange some car pooling. 

Don't forget.... you need to email me to secure your place on the day via email by the 25th March please. 

friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

.................(((((((((*))))))))...............

Just a little more news to pass on....

A number of you have asked to see my Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) was announced in the Australia Day Honours this year. 

Of course I will share it with you all..... when I receive it. 

The investiture is not until the 6th of April.  That is the day that I attend a ceremony at Government House in NSW with three guests to be presented the medal by the Governor of New South Wales.  I am told that it will be a very special day and a memory that I will treasure. I have not doubt that is absolutely true.   Of course it goes without saying that I will share photos and write up about it 

You might also be interested to know that there is an OAM Association. I have elected to join the Association and on the 8th of April will attend a special New Attendees lunch at NSW Parliament House. That will be a bit special too. 

.......(((((((*))))))......

Finally tomorrow is the next sewing day at my home... although perhaps sewing day is not the correct term.  We have recently been given the stash of a dear lady who passed away.  Her father was in the Army so her husband felt she would be happy to know her fabrics came to us.   We will be sorting through that and other donated fabrics and getting things nicely squared away. 

On Saturday we will be sewing (yes actually sewing, not sorting) at Penrith.   Whatever we do you will only be asked to sew what you are comfortable with. 

All welcome should you wish to join us, just email so that I can expect you and be prepared..  For both days we start at 10am and go til 3pm.   BYO lunch (and a coffee mug for Penrith). Tea and coffee provided both venues. 
I provide all the materials.  For Penrith you just need to bring your sewing machine and tools (scissors, pins, rotary cutter etc)   Cutting boards and rulers provided.

I am off to get ready for tomorrow.

Till next time...................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree  xx






1 comment:

  1. Oh JM the joy continues eh? It will be very special and emotional I suspect to finally receive your medal, and at Government house no less :o)...go girl!!

    ReplyDelete