Thursday 6 February 2014

Happy Mail and lots more

Hi All,

I know lots of you don't read all the posts all the way to the bottom -you will miss out if you skip out early tonight and that is all I am saying! 
AND DON'T SCROLL DOWN WITHOUT READING - THAT IS CHEATING!

Just for those who do not read Facebook I am pleased to say that another Facebook Page called Women of the ADF did a profile on Aussie Heroes on their facebook page last night.  You can check it out here if you like. 

Lots of things are on my radar for the beginning of March starting with the dinner in Adelaide at Julie Ann's home.   Don't forget to email her if you are interested in coming.  I am looking forward to meeting lots of you there.  Please email Julie Ann if you can make it.

julieannsearle@adam.com.au

Also, I am planning another Pot Luck Dinner at my home on either the 11th or the 12th of March to take advantage of the fact that Debbie from QLD will be staying with me.  Chaplain Mark is planning to be there and I am planning on inviting a few others around the traps that I know, depending.of course, on who is available.  If you would like to come, quilters (spouses  invited as well),   recipients and any interested parties please let me know if you are interested and if you have a preference for either the 11th or the 12th. 

Now for the Happy Mail

Hi Everyone!   Caroline here with some happy mail for the week.

Still a few poppy blocks coming in and these lots are beautiful.  Thanks ladies - they are going to make up into some lovely quilt tops.
These beauties are from S Nagel from SA

These lovely four are from Susan W from QLD


These last lot of pretty poppies are from Bernice L from SA
Watch this space to see the lovely quilt tops that will be made from these poppies.  If you still have some no probs - there is no cut off date.

Thanks for that Caroline!

I always try and make sure that any information that is shared on the Facebookl page is also shared on the blog as I know there are some of you who do not “have” Facebook.  The following are a few messages that have made it to Facebook direct so need to be repeated here.  Firstly we have a message of thanks from the recipient of this fabulous quilt made by Amanda T.

From the recipient 

I am truly humbled by the kindness and generosity. I hope all is well with you and your family Amanda. When I get the opportunity I will email a more personal reply. It is amazing and I can't believe how well all the quilters manage to capture everything so perfectly. Thank you all for your support, it is greatly appreciated by us all on deployments around the world. It is snowing again here so they sure are coming in handy.

When I published the story of this quilt in the Weekly Dispatches last week (Check here if you want to read about it) this conversation followed on facebook.

 I have always admired everything this group stands for and does for our deployed service personnel. This quilt and its story just took my breath away. Stunning and beautiful just seems inadequate. My Dad is exRAF and my niece is now in the RAF and has just returned home safely from her 3rd tour in Afghanistan. Having a daughter serving in the RAN I truly appreciate everything you all do. A huge thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I replied to the comment...

Thank you so much for your support and kind words. Please do not underestimate the power of such encouragement in keeping us going. Cheers, Jan-Maree

and received this response

You are always very welcome. I keep sharing your page to show there are those that care when so many (read media and sadly some community members) are nothing but negative. It means so much to the serving members, their families and mates.

That last sentence is important to me.  Always remember it is not just the deployed member who are receiving a boost from what we do but also their extended family and friends.  It helps all of them to know that there are others out there who appreciate their loved ones service as well as the sacrifice that service asks of them.

This week's role call
The following people have sent quilts or laundry bags off this week.  If you are not on this list and believe you should be then please let me know.


Carolyn
CathW
Debbie
Me!
Joan
Julie Mc
Keryn
Leanne
Michele
Pennie
Rita M
Stephanie T

And lastly

How about a few pics of downtown snowy Kabul?

A friend of mine, and one of our biggest voices and supporters over there, sent these over just minutes ago (around 230pm Sydney Time).  They were taken during PT before work! LOL
A couple of them are a bit blurry but I reckon that is probably due to shaking hands after lying in the snow making snow angels!






Next week I will have a much bigger post of pictures of Kabul, taken before the snow!
Something for you to look forward to!  

Till next time...................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
JMxx

1 comment: