Monday 24 February 2014

ANZAC Day Laundry Bag Challenge

G'day all.
Before I get on with tonight's real post just one last reminder that it is not too late to let us know if you would like to come to the dinner in Adelaide on Saturday night.  If you are interested please contact me and let me know so that I can pass your details on to Julie Ann.  It will be a Pot Luck Dinner at Julie Ann's home in Hillcrest.  All are welcome.  Quilters and Laundry Bag makers, recipients and even family members of recipients.  All you need to do to come to the dinner is to support Aussie Heroes.  Simple

And now for tonight's post.  For once I am getting organised a little in advance. I think it is time for a laundry bag challenge. ANZAC Day is a little over two months away and I think that is a perfect occasion to recognise with some special Aussie Laundry Bags.  There will be prizes and special judges but I will reveal the details of those closer to time.  

Right now you need to start thinking about what sort of laundry bag you will make.  Theme is a simple one, well two.  

Australia

or 

Military

It would be great to get some nautical laundry bags given that a bunch will be going off to HMAS Darwin and we can always find very willing homes for Army and Airforce themed ones and Aussie ones.....no challenge.  

You don't need to send the laundry bags to me but you are welcome to if you wish.  I just need a photo of the completed laundry bag.  You can make it for a request you are working on if you wish, or you can leave the lining open so that you can applique the initials at a later date.  

Photos of all challenge laundry bags need to be received by me no later than 
Monday the 14th of April.  
That will give plenty of time for the judges to do their thing.  (I am betting that the Money Honey and SuperDad won't volunteer again! LOL)  I have some judges in mind but I need to wait till closer to time to lock them in as I am hoping to ask some our Heroes to help out in that area as they have done in the past. I can't tell you what the prizes will be as I am also hoping that some of our deployed Heroes might feel like helping out in that area too but we will see.  That is one reason I have allowed plenty of time.

So, how about some inspiration?  The laundry bags that people created for the Brisbane dinner blew me away.  How about we start with those for inspiration?



















  


Have you started to get ideas? I have a few................but I am not telling!  LOL

Till next time.....................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment