Tuesday 21 May 2013

Tuesday thank you's

Hi everyone,
Super short post for tonight as I have been flat out.  Took the teen to school then off to post office - four quilts and several laundry bags posted plus tea towels to Bev for laundry bags and several other envelopes to Liz, Stephanie and Sarah L.  Collected parcels from Nat, Lynn, Karen B, Jill M, Meg, and Sarah T but haven't had time to open them.  Thanks ladies!

Home to vacuum pack a box for a Warrant Officer who has deployed to Afghanistan whilst posted overseas with the Americans.  Had to vacuum pack it so I could fit in a quilt, two laundry bags and as many Aussie treats as possible.  Just couldn't fit the vegemite in - bummer!  It is still a little over 2kg and I will have to pay a little but I think he deserves it!
Of course he doesn't have an AFPO address to send things to but, thank you, thank you, thank you, to the lovely fellows who are helping me get it to him - you know who you are! 

Cynthia arrived at 1030 and we got to work.  I have lots of quilt tops here that needed to be matched up with backings so we got stuck in.  All tops now have backings though some backings need piecing.  We got started on that - me cutting backings and Cynthia sewing ......till we ran out of time. We are miles ahead of where we were beforehand.

I now have ten minutes to write this post before I head over to Carol's to collect a quilt that needs binding (thanks for quilting it Carol) and then I have to head in the other direction to collect three quilts for the wonderful Kim who has made one herself and quilted two.  Then collect the son at 5pm.    

So, as you can see, I have had a relaxing peaceful day and have absolutely no excuse to a short post.  Janine, I will get to your email (a draft post) probably tomorrow.  Thank you.  Anyone else waiting for emails answered I hope to do that tonight after I feed the teen and in between taking him for a haircut at 8pm!  Guess I won't be sewing tonight - just as well there are lots of lovely Aussie Hero Friends out there who do get to sew!

Only a few thank you messages tonight.  First  this fellow received a lovely quilt from Liz and wrote  a gorgeous email back, which he CC'd to me, but which contained so much that I can't share that it was whittled down to the following

Hi Liz and Brian, 
I've just received my quilt, together with a bonus laundry bag. What to say, they're awesome! 




Hello Evelyn,

I received the quilt a couple of days ago, and I would like to express my thanks for the gift.
Your hobby, as you put it, is a very generous allocation of your time, and I appreciate the thought and work put into the quilt. Thank you very much.
I wish you the best with your generous and thoughtful endeavors. 


Hi Jan-Maree,
Hope this email gets to you, I've been having troubles with emails lately. Yes i got the quilt thank you so much, i absolutely love it, i even have it on my rack on top of my transformers doona. Once again, thank you so much.  



Hi Sue,
My name is XXXXX and I have one of your Laundry Bags!   Thank you very much, I really needed one too.  I am currently two months into my 9 month deployment. I have a wife and two children back home in Darwin. I have a number more of the laundry bags which I will make sure are handed out to those I am deployed with.  Thanks from everyone here in Afghanistan.

So, short and sweet I am afraid tonight but much to do and places to go - oh for time to sit at my sewing machine!

I will be back tomorrow night with the happy mail.  

Till then .........................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. That leaves me quite exhausted! You are a real trouper! Lovely blog, love those letters and what a great picture.

    ReplyDelete