Wednesday 22 May 2013

Happy Mail 22 May

Hi All.

Some lovely Happy Mail this week.  First up we have a pretty crazy block quilt top from Janet  - who has been waiting very patiently for me to post it.  It got overlooked in all the ANZAC Day special posts and eventually Janet had to remind me.  I am so glad she did.  Please don't ever hesitate to let me know if I have not posted something you have made or sent.


Several BOMs came in this week.  This one from Meg


These three from Sarah T


 nine beauties from Karen B.  Not sure that it shows up in the picture but that centre fabric is a  great Aussie wildflower print.


And fourteen (not all in pic obviously) from Dorothy.  


I have a couple of Facebook quilts on the go at the moment.  Quite simply I put out a call on the Facebook page for 15 blue star blocks for a female quilt request and 15 people have put their hands up to make blocks.  There is also a blokes quilt on the go needing star blocks in blue with either a cooking theme or a sporting theme  - for the same quilt.  Now they have started to arrive in the mail.

This one is from Jill M for the girly quilt.


These two from Meg' mother, Darla and Meg herself for the blokes quilt


And this one from Meg for the girly quilt.


Two from Dasha



One from Dorothy - this shows up so much better in real life 



and one from Jo P.



Thanks everyone!

Other blocks have been made and are on their way and all will be revealed on the blog when I receive them.

I am thinking of doing a COMMUNITY BLOG QUILT with star blocks.  I would need 15 stars.  Let me know if you are interested in making a star or two and I will select a request and let you know the details tomorrow night.


This quilt top was sent in by Nat - Now I just feel I have to tell you just a little about where Nat lives.  She comes from a small mining town of 1400 people, about half of which are fly-in fly-out employees of the mine.  You can imagine how limited the facilities are in comparison to the rest of us - NO SPOTLIGHT or local quilt store!  Can you imagine!
So, next time you are complaining because you are working on something and don't have just the right fabric for it and therefore need to hop in the car and duck down to the store.........think of Nat!


Louise also sent me two quilt tops, both made for specific requests.
Yes, someone actually asked for Chickens!  LOL



Lynn sent me two great quilt tops - this one has been made a little short to give me room to add a banner at the top




and the other quilt top was taken straight to the quilter last night before I had a chance to take a picture of it!  Doh!  

That's all folks!

Till next time..................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Great quilts and lovely to see a crazy block quilt among them.

    ReplyDelete