Monday 22 April 2013

Monday Thank You's

I am about to be descended apon by 14 -20 sixteen/seventeen/eighteen year olds for a movie night - girls and boys so I am dashing off this post now so that I am ready to "supervise" or at least have an ear out.  They are good kids but I expect a loud night!  I think they are all deaf!

Lots of thank you messages to share tonight.  Hope you enjoy them but first a couple of reminders.  Anyone who still wants to send me a ANZAC Day message needs to get it to me tonight.  

Anyone coming to the sewing day (or anyone who would like to) email me if you need the address otherwise come with your sewing machine and your lunch - we start at ten am and go till about 2pm.

That is all the business for now - time for some thank you's.

This fellow sent this message to me to let me know that he had received the laundry bag that Melissa made.



We have just finished a visit to the Seychelles and the mail arrived which did contain the NRL Bulldogs themed laundry bag I requested. (Pity the dogs can't win a game this season)

I am in the process of getting some snap shots to send to you guys and Melissa, to thank her for her wonderful work.  Every person who has received a quilt or laundry bag has been humbled by the work that you do and really appreciate the support.

If there is anything that I can do to help your company please let me know.
Once again thank you and standby photos. 


Hi Jan-Maree, 

Would just like to take this opurtunity to say thank you very much for the laundry bag and it is just EXCELLENT and it made my day and when i opened the package and found it in side plus the jaffas and the mentos and the card,  i just thought how wonderful a day it was and was speechless. It is the best thing i have recieved in the post in a long time and am so very appreciative and am awaiting to see my quilt cause it is just going to be as EXCELLENT to because of the time put in to making it and i am so very apprecitive of the time put in to the making of not only my qhilt cover and laundry bag but all those that have been done and you and your team have done a marvolous job and should be commended for your contribution and efforts. 

Again thankyou very much and look forward to seeing my quilt. 


Hello Rob and Liz

Firstly expressing my appreciation is in order for the brilliant quilt you made for myself, the patterns/fabrics/pigs simply seal the deal! So Thank you and I'm sure my missus will love the quilt also, we will just have to be careful where we place the quilt when I return home to ensure the cats do not claim it for themselves. Unless you don't mind them resting on it, but ether way it is too good to be storing in the linen cupboard!
Well thanks again for the letter and of course the quilt and know that the kind gesture is very much appreciated!

This fellow received his laundry bag and enough laundry bags for his team of 15 plus a quilt for the lone female (either a brave girl or a lucky one!) with them.

Hey Jan-Maree,

I got your message that XXXXX received his quilt today, as the box you sent for me to distribute arrived also. 

All I can say is 'WOW'!!!! You and your diligent group of sewing ladies (and guys) have truly outdone yourselves. Apart from XXXXX, I don't think anyone received a quilt as yet but eyes will be peeled. I am sure that the guys will email you and show their gratification but from me personally, I would like to say thank you very much for my laundry bag. I love it, the way you have included my hobbies and personalised it to me is fantastic. Every time I walk into my room, I will see it and think of the generosity and dedication that a group of people in Australia have for a select group (being aussie soldiers, sailors, and airmen).

The laundry bags and quilts you sew represent just how important it is that guys over here realise that it is not just family and close friends that support what we are doing over here, but also complete strangers too. They bring a sense of home to this area which is entirely different to what we are used to.

All the guys were a bit taken aback when I started handing the laundry bags out, asking who/what but I could see a spark of happiness in each of them, waiting to see if there was one for them.

Again thank you very much, and I am sure the guys will be surprised further when they receive their quilts, as am I waiting to see what you have in store for me. I love the laundry bag and will keep it always.

Thoughts, hugs and smiles

This lady received a quilt from Leanne and has written a long newsy letter to her personally but also wrote to me as well.  Lovely! 

Hi Jan-Maree,

Thank you so much!! I have received my quilt and bag and you were right - they are a perfect fit for me! Thank you for choosing them. I am sorry that I have been so tardy in writing back to you. I have written to Leanne to say thank you via snail mail so that I could send a proper long chatty letter that I think she might enjoy. I'm sending you this email to say thank you so much - the quilt is full of hidden surprises in the prints. Its like playing where's wally! (was stoked to find bits of the frog print from the laundry bag in the quilt too). And lately sometimes the best part of my day is when I get to hunker down underneath the quilt at the end of the day - bliss!

Hugs!

Hi Jan-Maree,
It finally arrived and I love it! Thank you so much, its perfect. Everyone is in agreeance that its a very cool quilt.
Please pass on my thanks to everyone. I believe the Padre has the intention of photographing us with our quilts so will make sure that its sent to you asap.
Regards,



Good evening Peggy,

I just received your amazing and beautiful quilt (just between you and me I think it should have got first place). Your local show sounds like the ones that my mum used to bake cakes for. I grew up in a small country town in Central NSW. Your property sounds amazing and your girls sound lovely.  I used to love going to work with my dad in he school holidays (he was a farm hand/worker) 

Thank you so much for the beautiful quilt it will brighten my bed space until I head home in a few months and the it will become my reading quilt during the cold winter months.
 Thank you once again for your quilt, letter and kind thoughts they mean a lot when you are away from home,
 Take Care,

For Maddy



I sincerely thankyou and those whom put their time and effort into creating these wonderful quilts and laundry bags for service men and women deployed on operations. I received my quilt and laundry bag in the last shipment of mail and I am very grateful at how amazing it is. I appreciate the thoughtful gift and will cherish it along with the other things I have received whilst on operations.



Thanks again and keep up the good work because you definately put a smile on my face that day when I received my quilt.

Thanks,

For Janelle

Good morning,
 Just letting you know that Nat received her quilt, she was very impressed.
Thank-you very much for your support to our deployed soldiers, a little bit of love makes a massive difference when your away from home.
Warm regards,


The following quilts are by Leanne J on the left and Caroline on the right.  Caroline made and quilted her quilt but special thanks to Joanne who did the binding and sent it off.
Love those happy faces!



Good Morning Gale, I would like to thank both you and Jenny for the quilt and laundry bag that I received today. The skill and craftsmanship as well as the personalisation of the gift is very much appreciated and I would also just like to say the support  you show for troops serving over seas is outstanding.
The quilt and bag  has already been put to good use and is something I will continue to cherish once I return home. Once again thank you so much for all your good work and may you continue to bring comfort and smiles to other troops serving so far from home. All the best


Dear Marg Waters,

I am just writing to express my sincere thanks and appreciation for the lovely laundry bag and magnificent blanket you have made and sent to me here. I use the laundry bag every week to do my laundry and hang it in my room throughout the week. It is the perfect size to hold all my uniforms and clothes for the week. The blanket is simple amazing and I will keep and cherish it forever. It is too nice to use on my bed but I do have it displayed on my wall. Everyone here thinks it is fantastic and wants one. I will be taking it home and proudly displaying it back in Australia so I will always have a reminder of my time here and what I accomplished here. I will take a picture of myself with the blanket and send it to you once I am back home. We cannot take or send pictures from here.I thank you so much for taking the time and effort to help me, your actions and kind words are a blessing. I wish you all the best and I am very grateful.

Kind Regards,


Eeek, kids are starting to arrive.  I better go and start supervising without being obvious!  LOL

Till next time .........keep spreading the word and happy stitching!



3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fun evening Jan-Maree. It's so encouraging to read all the thank yous and get a peek at the different personalities behind the letters. I remembered today that I understand a little of how they feel. A friend of mine from work made me a bargello quilt a few years ago, at my request- I knew it was coming but I hadn't seen it. It was perfect and beautiful and I cried with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is quite a crop of thank yous.

    Hope the movie night went well and maybe you were able to do some quiet sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave woman! I remember my daughter's 16th birthday many, many years ago.
    I love reading the emails and seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete