Tuesday 23 April 2024

Grati-Tuesday 23rd April 2024

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

Please enjoy todays messages and photos, in this the week of remembering our veterans and those who did not return.

Grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy some well deserved gratitude! 

Lest we Forget!

...

Jenny D,

I would like to personally thank you and the Garage girls team who have been working so hard to put these incredible quilts together. Yourself, the team, and Jan-Maree are such selfless individuals who are spreading joy amongst the service men and women overseas.

I can tell you personally that every time something arrives people are ecstatic and excited, this joy is contagious and we all huddle around to see the incredible intrinsic designs that you all come up with.

I really appreciate Bobby‘s contribution to the top of the quilt and the beautiful and creative radio towers that you made. Jean did a great job on the crests, the bindings and labels are perfect. This is an absolute family heirloom and I can tell you now with a baby on the way, bubba may snuggle up with our quilt, I assure you!

I have included a photo in front of the Wedgetail at Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany for you to see. We are so glad to be home now and we really appreciate all the energy you and the team put in to getting these over to us.

...

Good Afternoon Jan-Maree,


Last Thursday at Dalton Craftees we had some special guests. Alison C and I (Margaret B) presented the recipient with his AHQ quilt (and LB). He had been in the Army for 26 years until 8 years ago so didn’t know he was able to have a quilt until Alison C met him.

He was blown away with the detail of his service being on the quilt along with flags of the areas he served. It was very moving and I think the other crafters were impressed with the whole thing.

A light lunch was served following the presentation – sausage rolls. cocktail sausages, fairy bread, Tim Tams , iced VOVos, Anzacs. Alison C did a great job, The fairy bread was a great success.

Cheers



Quilt by Alison C. Embroidery by Inge C

...

Morning Ms Shirley D,

Thank you very much for the Laundry bag, the octopus really is impressive. You really managed to nail my overall theme of nautical and diving. 

It arrived towards the end of March just in time before we deployed the 1st week of April, we’re a Sydney Bases Mine Hunter Coastal (MHC) Vessel on our way up to Darwin for the next few months.

Sounds like you’re having great success with your textile arts and quilts. Again thank you very much for the laundry bag

 Regards,

...

Hi Ellen N,

 

I’d just like to take the opportunity to say a huge thank you for the time and effort you invested into making my Sydney Swans quilt (along with the other goodies)!

They arrived yesterday and I am over the moon about it. I particularly like the wavy lines representing the sea and scuba diving, it was a lovely touch. All of the Aussies over here are extremely grateful for the support.

 

Kindest Regards,

...

Dear Ruth S 

I’m touched beyond words by your generous gift of the hand made laundry bag. Thank you so much. I will cherish it forever.

To receive mail is so special while away from home but to unwrap something so unique and personalised, just for me, truly did brighten my day.

Thank you for the service you provide to brighten our deployment.

Regards

...

Good Afternoon Hilary T,

 I am currently serving in the Royal Australian Navy, I am from Far North Queensland – Torres Strait Islands  

I have received and will be using the laundry bag that you have made and I love the design of how you crafted this laundry bag and I appreciate and thank you for this laundry bag.

 Kind Regards,

...

Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒ»


No comments:

Post a Comment