Tuesday 27 February 2024

Grati-Tuesday - 27th Feb 2024

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

Last week of Feb!!! 

Hope you are all having a great day, it is about to get a bit brighter.

Grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy some well deserved gratitude!

...

Good afternoon Toni F,

 

Thankyou so much for my Laundry Bag!

 

I wanted to pass on my thanks as soon as I could. It is such a credit to yourself and blew away my expectations, I love the addition of the Tank and the detail in the Signals Logo and the Rising Sun are incredible.

 

On a side note my Nan does a lot of sewing as well and has previously made me blankets, she was very impressed and dare I say it even a little jealous of what a great job you did!

 

A bit about myself, I’m currently here on operations in the Solomon Islands but currently home is in Darwin. I’ve only lived there for a short while since the start of 2023. “Home” is Canberra where I was born, raised and lived and where I will move back to. I am looking forward to getting back there and having proper seasons after my time in Darwin and Solomon Islands. I try to keep fit and enjoy sports, running and going to the gym. Although work takes up a lot of my time, I try to enjoy myself and get away to travel and see family and friends who are all back on the east coast from Brisbane down to Canberra.

 

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into making this for me, it is greatly appreciate.


I hope you have a fantastic year and will be in touch. 

Kind regards,

...

Presentation of AHQ.

 He was absolutely delighted and said …”it’s exactly what I asked for “. His wife was delighted as well and said that they have a wall picked out to hang it on.

by Ellen N


...

Hi Gayle W, 

 

I wanted to say a big thank you for my gorgeous Ocean themed laundry bag I received from you. I hope this email finds you well, I would have loved to have taken the old school route and posted you a handwritten letter, but I am currently at Sea on my ship HMAS Choules so an email was my only option.

 

I loved your letter it was great to hear about your experience making my laundry bag! I especially love the rustic looking name you created. It’s so wonderful that you make these personalised quilts in your spare time, I will cherish mine forever! Everyone that received a quilt/laundry bag on my ship were over the moon. I was especially happy as someone on board took my laundry bag on our last trip (an accident as all the standard issued bags look the same). Now I am safe as no one could possibly mistake this unique and personally named laundry bag as their own!

 

We are a big amphibious ship, we work a lot with Army for joint operations and I’m loving my time on here. I’ve been in the Navy for 2 years.

Warm regards,

...

Dear Bridget R,

 

I cannot express how happy it made me to receive the quilt you made for me. It truly is amazing. I am also very thankful for the letter you sent me and for sharing a little of your life with me. I love hearing peoples stories back home, it helps with the homesickness. I would like to share a little of my life with you as a thank you.

 

I have served in the Australian Army for a little over 10 years now. I started as a Cavalry Soldier before I went through  of training to become a Combat Medic. Following this training, I studied part time and completed both my Bachelor’s of Nursing and Paramedics. Nursing in the Army is a little different to in hospitals.  

I am married and my wife is also in the Army. We have two children, My Daughter is 5 years old and my son is currently 11 months old. I also have a very naughty dog, he is a Boarder Collie named Loki. He is an incredible smart boy, I would say too smart because he always believes he knows best. It can be quite difficult being away from my family, I will be here for 7 months all up and I will miss my daughters 6th birthday, my sons 1st birthday and my wedding anniversary. I only say this to try and show just how much it means to someone like me to receive a gift and a little love and support from you.

 

From the bottom of my heart, Thank you so much Bridget.

...

Good Morning Sue-Ellen S,

 

I am writing to thank you for the wonderful quilt that you made for me. I am currently serving in the Solomon Islands which was the place I first deployed 20 years ago. When I first deployed I was permitted to return to Australia to get married after 3 weeks and my wife’s introduction to the Army was the keys to our house, our address in Townsville and the church we attended, I then returned to the Solomon Islands for 3 months to complete my deployment, and she relocated from the Gold Coast to Townsville. Having not had a honeymoon, I booked a hotel on the Gold Coast and planned a wonderful holiday to celebrate our anniversary last year. My wife found it annoyingly ironic when I had to cancel the holiday because I was deploying back to the Solomon Islands again.

 

We have 4 children, the eldest is studying at university and the other 3 are all in school, with the youngest commencing year 3 this year. I have served for 28 years and the children were born in 3 different states. My parents both live in towns I have never lived in and my wife and I have never dwelled in the same house for more than 5 years so my poor wife and family have endured a somewhat nomadic lifestyle and home is literally wherever my family is. It is always appreciated when we have something special to remind us of significant times in our lives, and in the words of Darryl Kerrigan from the Castle, the quilt you made for me will definitely “go straight to the pool room” when I return home, it is a wonderful gift and is more than I could have hoped for, thank you for all of the effort that you have put into it.

 

Thank you for your support it means a lot.

...

Good afternoon Lyn R,

Firstly I must apologise for the late reply of this email but the amazing quilt that you made me went on an adventure. The quilt arrived to the ship I was posted on but I had already gone on Christmas leave and I was told it was left aside for me. When I returned from leave on Boxing day the ship was still at minimal staff and no one could tell me where it was. Once the full crew returned mid-January I once again asked if anyone knew where it was but with no luck. I had lost hope that it was misplaced. Finally last week I received an email that somehow the quilt had made its way all the way out to Lidcombe at an air force office. I was able to go out and pick it up but I still have no idea how it ended up there.

Sorry for the long story but the main thing is I finally received the quilt and I have to thank you so much for your amazing skill, effort and time that you spent on making it for me. I have had the pleasure of visiting Tasmania several times and it’s so beautiful. A couple personal trips in which one I spent a week travelling the whole of Tasmania in a campervan and also some quick port visits while being in the Navy.

My family own dairy farms in North NSW . I can appreciate the lifestyle and hard work that goes into that life.

Once again I can only thank you for the beautiful quilt and I will treasure it throughout my naval career and beyond.

Kind regards,

...

Hi Lois S!

I cannot tell you how genuinely amazing this quilt is. I really appreciate your incredible work and care on it, and I am so grateful that I have it. I am so happy everytime I look at it. I will be deploying soon and taking it with me as an amazing touch of home.

I am so appreciative, truly. Thank you so much.

Kindest

...

Dear Jan-Maree, Bobbie S and the mystery BOMers,

 

I recently received the wonderful gift of an Aussie Hero Quilt, after my much better half received one in November last year while in hospital. I wish to express our gratitude for the wonderful work you and the others within Aussie hero Quilts do, words will never be able to describe the humbling and emotional moments when we received the quilts, suffice to say we again found out that we are not alone in our battles and discovered new energy to continue fighting through.

 

Thank you again

...

Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
💟💟💟💟💟💟💟

No comments:

Post a Comment