Tuesday 5 December 2023

Grati-Tuesday - 5th December 2023

 

Happy Tuesday Friends!

The year has just flown by! First Grati blog for December and as usual, it is a good one filled with so much emotion!! (Kleenex may be needed!!!)

Grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy some well deserved gratitude!

... 

Good morning Jan-Maree,

 

I would like to say a very sincere thank you for my beautiful Quilt which was made by the Illawarra Quilters. The embroidery created by Joan and your local volunteers, the Garage Girls made it so special.

 

I will cherish this quilt always.

 

Thanks for everything you and your helpers do.

 

Kind regards, 


... 

Good afternoon Ellen N,

 

Recently I was fortunate to be provided a laundry bag, which I understand was made by you.

 

I wanted to reach-out and say a big thank you for your time and effort in making the laundry bag. I felt very grateful to be given the opportunity to receive a laundry bag through Aussie Hero Quilts (I’ve always wanted one). 

 

Thank you again for your time and effort in making the laundry bag.

Kind Regards

... 

Hello Wendy B,

Thankyou so much for the laundry bag, it’s a huge moral boost. A bit about myself. I am from QLD but am currently posted to Darwin.  Thanks again I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year’s Day.

Kind Regards

... 

Hello Cath H,

A truly heartfelt thankyou for the surprise presentation of my Laundry Bag at the Aussie Heroes Fundraiser recently.  It was an honour to support the event and a privilege to attend and be a part of it. To receive this memento as recognition for my small contribution left me speechless.

You have captured two of my biggest passions perfectly, bagpiping and my reserve service. The attention to detail incorporating the colours of the ADF Tartan is a very special gesture. I wore this tartan with the Pipes and Drums of the ADF performing at the 2018 Invictus Games opening ceremony at the Sydney Opera House, and also at the 2019 Edinburgh Military Tattoo in Sydney.  This is something I will always treasure.

Thankyou also for the letter - a very nice way to learn more about the person that has dedicated their own personal time to making a difference to others. You and all the volunteers are totally deserving of all the recognition you receive.  
Thanks again!

... 

Good Evening Wendy V, 

I have received one of the laundry bags your group have made.

I would like to thank you all for the hard work you have put in to them and the support you give to us all.
Thanks again for all that you have done

Kind Regards 


... 

Hi Pat G,


           Firstly I would like to thank you for magnificent gift, absolutely outstanding. 
Please keep up the great work, you made an old soldier very happy today.
I also wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 

Ps.... it's going straight to the pool room πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Best wishes and Regards

... 

This is a thank you for one of the Fallen Warrior Quilts we sent to the US after the three US marines were killed in the Osprey crash during Talisman Sabre.


Dear Jan-Maree and all the people who worked on Corporal Spencer’s quilt, Dorothy, Lynn, Keryn and Philomena.

Your quilt arrived in Hawaii at our son’s squadron which was then mailed to our CACO officer in Washington DC. Our CACO officer hand delivered to our home in Arlington, VA a few weeks ago.

Thank you for the beautiful quilt - it is exquisite! It is hanging in my foyer where I see it everyday from my office as well.

I so enjoyed reading your letter and the quilt does indeed offer a visual reminder of our strong connection and alliance with Australia and of Spencer’s service. I am originally from England and the poppy is used there as well as remembrance for our service members. What a special gift this was to receive. It is so meaningful and I will cherish it forever.

I can’t thank you enough.
Lest we forget.
Semper Fidelis,


... 

Hi Anne H,

 

It was lovely to see your name again on some more laundry bags – thank you so much. (Random LB's for Malaysia)

As always, I’m very grateful for your ongoing support for our troops.

 

Blessings,

... 

Hello Wendy V! 


Firstly I would like to thank you for your effort on creating this amazing laundry bag! The design I have picked out is flamingos! πŸ¦©. There’s no meaning behind it, other than it stood out from the rest of them so I know which bag will be mine when I’m washing my cloths. 


I'm currently serving in Rifle company Butterworth. The Padre who is posted in country during his introduction had brought up you and your friends brilliant laundry bags that are for offer and me and my friends jumped onto it as fast as we could. 


The laundry bags we had were cheap material bags we had brought from Big W and after a few washes we had realised they have deteriorated. After using yours and washing it we are in love with the quality and durability and is definitely something we will be using for the rest of our careers / lives.  


Due to the nature of my job roll I primarily spend up to 100-150 days away every year supporting soldiers logistically to ensure they have the needs they require to train. 


It’s definitely tough being away from family and friends a lot, there are a lot of key birthdays and special events I have missed out on throughout my career, this year will mark 5 years in defence and have spent ever birthday away so far! 


Keep up your great work with the designs you and your friends produce, the effort you guys go to definitely does not go unnoticed. 


Thank you again! 


Kind regards, 


... 

Good Afternoon Marilyn S,

I was the lucky recipient of the laundry bag you made for me (you may remember it, it was the one with the Disney princesses on it).

I’ve been in the Royal Australian Navy for eight years and have had the privilege of serving my country on HMA Ships Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane. I’ve been lucky enough to travel to many countries throughout my time, USA, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, The Philippines; to name a few. My favourite will always be the small amount of time I was able to spend in Canada though!

I grew up in Western Sydney. I am lucky enough to be posted ashore in Sydney at the moment so I’m able to visit family most weekends. I think my mother is very relieved at the moment as she always tells me I spend too much time away from home.

I am so appreciative of the work that you and your organisation do. Things like the laundry bag you made are some of my most prized and treasured possessions and I am incredibly appreciative for you and the work you do.

I hope you’re well, safe and healthy.

Kind Regards,

... 

Until next week keep your letters, emails and photos coming in.  

Tuesday's would be so totally boring without them!
πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ


No comments:

Post a Comment